47 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 11:34 PM by lukele RSS

MW3 Demolition sux since the spawn change.... Who agrees with me??

Since Sledgehammer Games decided to change the spawn system in Demolition the game mode it self is no good any more.  Used to have more then 15 friends that used to play Demolition and now since they changed the spawns they are not even playing COD any more.  All I could get out of Demolition is a big headache because if the opposite team is planting in our bomb my team spawns in the far corner of the map.  I played Demoliton in MW2 for two years and I never complaint before up to now.  MW3 is a good game but Demolition to me was everything untill Sledgehammer games decides to changed Infinity Ward spawn system and ruin the game.  I want to reach out to the people that are Demolition lovers, please let me know if you agree or don't with what I had to say....

• Re: MW3 Demolition sux since the spawn change.... Who agrees with me??
    nightpr0wler76

They cant fix the spawns, the maps are small, so they make the spawning very random instead of static, enjoy lol

Demo was ruined by tweens who thought the only objective was to spawn trap. Don't blame IW for changing the spawns blame yourself and your spawn trapping underage friends.

thank you bro the new spawns are bullshit and completely ruin demo, all of mw2 i played demo and loved it now mw3 comes along and ruins it, my team fuckin plants the bomb im defending it they all pile out of one side then all of a sudden i get killed from behind its obsurd its like you constently have to be spinning around  watching every goddamn side its rediculous.

1.  There is no true spawn trap like black ops only spawn controlling.  Show me proof a true spawn trap.  2.  The current spawns do not work for the objective based games like demolition and domination.  3.  Better fix this issue before objective games die.

I agree. I come on cod pretty much for demolition; its all i play really. I just got my KD up to 2.10, and its on a fast drop since the patch. used to be you could actually defend your bombs, rather than as soon as you spawn, someone sprints into your spawn, kills you then you spawn on the other end of the map unable to defend your bombs. i played a game on dome before, where 8 out of 10 times when i died i spawned inbetween 2 enemies. despite the spawn camping before, it was a lot better then it is now.

Agreed.

I think it's total bull how a team can spawn behind you, leaving you defenseless.

The whole point in Demo was to push the team back, and keep pushing to give time for the bomb to explode.

myevo8you

The bomb explodes fairly quickly. The games of "good players" going 300+ kills proves WHY the adjustment was needed. There is absolutly NO REASON why these so called "good teams" need to get more than 5-6 kills per player to plant the bomb.

What has happened is that now the planting team actually has to WORK for a plant/win instead of having a member hold the bomb in behind a line and wait for the opposing team to try to rack up kills.

trialstardragon

How about you learn to play the objective instead of just trying to trap the other team at their spawn for easy kills. For that was never the objective and finally IW fixed that annoying problem.

How can you play the objective if you spawn with your back to the enemy?  Pretty difficullt.  Try playing something other than teamdeath match if you want to offer an opinion on a game mode you never put time into.

trialstardragon

LOL.. I play ever game mode in the game you foolish tool. I know what I am talking about. Demo was never about spawn trapping. Just fools and tools thought it was. Finally IW got smart and made it were you can not do so anymore and why the little kiddies are crying; because they can not camp for easy kills and cheap killstreaks to use in later rounds now.

Demolition was also never meant to have random spawns all over the map.  There is supposed to be a battle front and that's what attracted me to the game type.  The fact that there wasn't revenge spawn killing.  You obviously have never grasp the concept of the game type.  Out of your 4,984 posts on the forums 0 of them have anything that can be deemed as a rational original thought.  You basically disagree with anything anyone has to say just for the sake of argument.  You help no one and have 0 respect from your peers. 

trialstardragon

No demo was about playing the objective and plating or defusing the bomb it was never meant to have a set battle line that was controlled by one team or another. Just people discovered it was easier to do so than play the objective. So everyone began to accept this as the norm when it never was meant to be so.

So yes the spawns should be random, the only problem right now is how you may spawn right near an obj. And that is the only think they need to fix, to disable the spawns within 50 feet of the obj, so a player can not run right to it and plant with out any effort.

Yes.  I'm glad you can see the current flaw in the system.  At no point do I want to defend "spawntrapping".  But I do want to defend the idea of having a battle line.  I think it should exist for the fact that it exists in real warfare.  And whom ever can't push the enemy back to accomplish the objective should not earn the right to win in any case.  I'll be back at 3:00 to hear your argument.

trialstardragon

For one this is not real warfare and nothing like it. And no there are not always clear lines of battle in war either. What this game does do is roughly simulate the chaotic atmosphere of war. War is not always meant to be planned out and played by a set of rules with lines drawn in the sand. True war is meant to be hectic chaotic and random and hard to predict at best. It is those random moments that sometimes change the tide of a battle for one side or the other.

This is not the era of the civil war where each side took up sides across a field and fired at each other. This is the era of guerilla warfare, stealth, sneak attacks, unpredicted movements, no battle lines drawn. And that is why the spawns should have always been random. But they left them sided like CTF and S&D was played out.

I had a good feeling you would come back with the guerrilla warfare argument.  And it is valid.  I mean it is called "Modern Warfare".  I probably used a bad scenario by comparing it it actual warfare.  My line of thinking was more geared to WWII specifically Europe where the Allies had to push the Nazis back to Berlin (their spawn) in order to have total victory.  But that is not modern nor can I realistically compare it to a video game. 

My main problem with demolition in it's current state is that you can not decifer it from any other game mode any more.  The spawn system and objective was unique to that game type.  Now it reminds me of headquarters with 2 sites or domination where you only have to hold the flag for 40 seconds in order to win.  In other words, the whole dynamic of the game mode has changed to something we already have in other game modes. 

trialstardragon

Now that is an argument that I can accept and understand. I just prefer the random and not specific sided spawns for it makes it harder to trap a team.

I do agree they need to fix the spawns at the objectives. They need to be disabled for both teams, so no one spawns ever right at the objective ever. No closer then 50-100 feet.

I have spawned right on A or B planted and defended to have it be defused by a random enemy that spawned very close to me less than 40 feet away,killed me, and defused.

On the other side I have spawned right on the Obj and planted and everyone was at the other side fighting over the other that I got the plant and destruction with no inteference at all because of how it spawned me.

I prefer spawning random. You never know what to expect.

I agree with you they should have never changed the Demo spawns the fact that the spawns get flipped is stupid and it takes away from strategy for defenders because the attackers can spawn in the defenders original spawn which is right beside the bombs and it ends up in a easy plant for attackers. I know IW has ruined spawns in this game but the fact that they ruined the simple spawns of Demolition is stupid to say the least. IMO the spawns were never broken the only time you would feel the heat of the spawns would be if you played against a whole party that would keep you in the spawn but that didn't happen every game and to counter that all you had to do is make sure your playing with some people that are actually good at the game. So IW please fix this and all the spawns in this game in fact to prove how bad the spawns are I was playing infection today and I went to put a claymore in the corner and one of the infected spawned right in front of me and I just knifed him in the back WTF is that fix your damn spawns IW before you realease map packs and extra levels fix the damn spawns!

Agreed.

They completely killed it.

What's sad is that I went back to MW2 and the whole time I played I constantly checked my back to make sure no one spawned near me or behind me.

But you guys are right. It does kill the game's original tactics.

It also makes winning as simple as using explosives to clear a room, then swarm the building before the team gets back from the other side of the map.

i totally agree and anyone who says otherwise was obviously on the other side of the trap

trialstardragon

Spawn trapping was never meant to be part of Demo, it was only left as such for several games because not enough cared enough to complain to have it changed. Nor did the companies listen before to those that did Even 3arc was trying to find ways to lessen camping in Demo games. So even 3arc knew it was not the proper way to play the game mode.

Those that try to defend it are tools and fools that problably can not get many kills in any other game mode and needed the ability to trap to say they were good at playing the game.

LOL listen to the kid that got trapped and is now crying about it. Demo was never random spawns in the last three games. So what you're telling me is they changed this because randoms complained enough? Now demo just feels like TDM with 2 bombs in hopes of winning. No strategy needed just spawn flip and win. Anyone that thinks this "new and improved" spawn system works has not played Cod. This is a shame now and has forced me to play other modes cuz this is way to broke to play. Imo BOPs was ten times worse because they had set spawns. Atleast at the start of this game they had spawn areas and there is no way to know exactly where people will spawn every time. Anyone that says they would spawn die and were not able to move have no clue.

Okay clearly your a little ***** who got spawn trapped or something cause DEMO to me is very clearly about controlling sides of the map. When the spawns weren't random at least the objective was hard for a team to capture or destroy. Now anytime an enemy walks into a particular side of the map, the whole spawn system changes. You're telling me that this makes the game more fun? Killing the whole point of having set sides to guard the bomb.

Answer me this trial...Is it honestly fun playing demo now knowing you can spawn literally on the bomb? Cause for me its just plain dumb when I can spawn close enough to only hit defuse or plant without touching the analog stick. Specific and predictable spawns maybe caused spawn trapping but if your getting spawn trapped chances are the people who did are going to **** you no matter what. You get spawn trapped, you suck dont come and ***** to IF and have them ruin a perfectly fine game that you want to be made custom for you.

Thanks to all the complainers we now have 1 game mode where spawns are certain, Search and Destroy. The rest of the game types, now including demolition, are just team deathmatch with a retarded objective that is based off spawn changes, not on the skill of holding your own territory.

I love what they did with it. I do not believe you can blame the complainers. Blame the tards who enjoyed putting up videos of them ads on a spawn point and shooting before someone can move a foot. Don't play cheap and you will be okay.

For the person who complained about having to watch their back all the time, that is what you are suppose to do. A good team should be able to plant a bomb and hold it for a few seconds.

So when I spawn I should immediatly turn around to shoot the guy who is spawning behind me in MY spawn only just to get shot from someone else who started in front of me.  I think I'll have better luck if I spawn and immediatly spin a 360 unloading my lmg.  To get you up to date:  1. We are spawning with the enemy.     2.  We are spawning directly on a bomb whether it be defense or offense.  These are the two main concerns of demolition players.

I play demo. It is not has bad has you make it sound. You are exagerating and you know it. Me and the people I play with have no problem planting or defending and winning. Equipment exist to help you keep from being shot from behind also. The best thing you can do is look, listen, and have decent teammates. Other than that I don't know what to tell.

IMO the spawns better in this game mode then any other CoD which had demo in it.

I wish I was exaggerating.  For example:  I was playing Seatown about an hour ago.  I was on defense and spawned behind "B" which was already gone.  I ran to "A", killed two guys running up the narrow alley between the buildings.  Super!  I turned around to look at "A" and there were three guys in the house next to "A" shooting at me.  I know I cleared the house.  I look back at the theater and see that they spawned two seconds after me in the exact same spot behind "B".  They chased me through the house and when I turned around to reload BAMM. 

trialstardragon

Your clearly an asshat that thought the game was about spawn trapping and meant for easy kills.

You have not read any of my other post have you. I have clearly said they need to disable the spawns right near the obj; but that is it. It does not need sided spawns ever.

And no spawn trapping was never really a legit play style just people learned how to exploit the screwed up spanws in demo for eash kills with out really having to play the obj.

Most obj modes in this game is played more by players kill farming then trying to play the obj and win the round.

And if you think it is impossible to hold an obj and prevent a plant or defuse than you suck. It is very easy to do if you work well with the rest of your team. the only thing now is you can not spawn trap like you could in past games.

Dear Lord...I think we just agreed on something.

I get the trying to stop the spawn trapping.  The problem is, the maps are so small that this new system will now spawn people behind you and give them cheap kills.  Playing defense has been completely taken out of the game because if you try and defend a bomb site, sooner or later it will flip the spawn and put the other Team behind you.

You don't want spawn trapping, fine I get that.  But what idiot programmer thought spawning them behind a guarding team was a good idea?  They've ruined demolition with this spawn system.

Me again.

Call me old fashioned, but i'm a player who really cares about my K.D, having recently got it up to 2.11, i was fair upset to find that i basically have to sit in a corner without moving the entire game of Demo, to get the one kill with out dying for fear of someone spawning in my spot once i vacated it.

I used to love Demo. Emphasis on used. Because of the static spawns. I never found spawn trapping that much of a problem, nor did i ever do it. Whenever something irritates me, I generally think how it could be changed. And if changing it would also raise up more questions I would find the best solution fair obvious. Leave it as it is. There's always gonna be something wrong, or someone unhappy and sometimes things can't really be made better. People shoulda thought about this before complaining about the old spawning system (Which WAS far better than this one) because now Infinity Ward will never be able to bring it back fully now. Demo is pretty much gone now forever and i'm gonna agree with a lot of people and say that now all it is is Team Deathmatch with a portion of the alphabet in it just in case the kiddies who moaned about spawn camping get bored of calling the other people better than them noobs. So until a decent compromise is made, im just gonna let MW3 Gather dust on my rack and maybe play some MW2. or ACR. Depends on who i'm playing with.

I have to admit that i am not a fan of the new spawn system, especially in demo. Yes spawn trapping was fairly easy before but now the spawns are so unpredictable that it ruins the flow of the game.

Controlling the spawns was essential for map control and that is key to ensure a safe bomb plant. At the moment you spend half the game getting shot in the back because its almost impossible to predict which direction the enemy is going to spawn in. There is less tactics now and more just a case of run at the bomb over and over until you get a plant.

For anyone saying "omg play the objective!!!", by controlling the map you are playing the objective. Just because you are by the bomb doesnt mean you should plant it. If you are on your own and know enemies are going to be coming for you you should push past the bomb and prevent the enemies getting to it, thus allowing a team mate to safely plant.This no longer works as as soon as you push past the bomb the spawns switch and they spawn behind you.

On demolition the spawns should never switch sides of the map, there should be a primary spawn (the one you originally spawn in) then 2 secondary spawns closer to the each bomb. Say the attacking team is pushing A bomb, then the defenders should spawn in the primary and secondary B bomb spawn.

I feel like objective game modes should have a tug o war feel, where its all about controlling the map, the spawns should only switch in game modes like domination when if the team controlling A and B are all pushing into the enemies home flag.

The main problem people have with "spawn trapping" is that a team of randoms against a party who are spawn trapping can find it very hard to break out. If its party against party, with team work it is possible and actually shows true skill being able to break out. You should never let the opposition get you into a spawn trap in the first place. Its your fault you got pushed back into your spawn, you should have to work to break out, not get a get out of jail free card given to you.

Cable99

I'm not big on Demo but I have played it, mainly in the moshpit mode. I'm going to go against everything I represent and agree with TSD on the disabling near objs. Beyond that, who cares where they spawn? If they die right afterwards, they can't get away with much can they? My suggestion is to focus more on taking out the enemy and less on worrying about where they spawn. So many people complain about the spawns-in this game, BOps, MW2-all the way back to COD3 that I know of personally. Bottom line is you learn to adapt or you lose. And that's all on the players, not the devs.

nightpr0wler76

Cable99 wrote:

I'm not big on Demo but I have played it, mainly in the moshpit mode. I'm going to go against everything I represent and agree with TSD on the disabling near objs. Beyond that, who cares where they spawn? If they die right afterwards, they can't get away with much can they? My suggestion is to focus more on taking out the enemy and less on worrying about where they spawn. So many people complain about the spawns-in this game, BOps, MW2-all the way back to COD3 that I know of personally. Bottom line is you learn to adapt or you lose. And that's all on the players, not the devs.

I think the real complaint is about Static vs Dynamic spawns, IMO, static spawns require a team to play together to hold a team back from an objective, as where in games like TDM, which has dynamic spawns, it doesnt affect the game because there is no objective.  But, when playing objective games, dynamic spawns make the game way more random, and it actually encourages players not to think what they are doing because its all random, the spawns in the older games are definatly better for the objective games IMO, if the spawning is random, why bother even having a game plan or strategy, there is no reason to, the game is geared towards lone wolf randoms running around like morons.

trialstardragon

OMGWTFBBQ! Cable agreed with me?! The world is ending?! I must work hader at doing what I do best being a Dragon/Troll!

vims1990

Probably because of this:

lukele

don't any of you lie spawn trapping is no more than manipulation of the spawn system and when i finally get my hands on those ******* from that last game ima pull his fuckin eyes out