10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 10:54 AM by meanbean1 RSS

Precision Airstrike is junk....

RAMBONER

I switched to it from Hind last night and it is terrible.  I play only dom so the hotspots on the map should be an easy couple of kills.  I seriously never got more then a couple with it each time.  I get more kills with century guns and IMS's honestly.. What really chaps my ass is how weak the PAS is compared to the support stealth drop.  Hell Id take the stealth drop over the Hind or AH6 and even the reaper sometimes.  I see multi kills from the stealth drop quite a bit on domination.  I do get killed from the PAS sometimes so maybe I am doing something wrong with it. 

To be honest all of the assault air strikes are weak.  I never (rare) get killed by attack helis as I shoot em down before they hit the map. I think the warning for all air assault streaks should go away.  I mean when I hear enemy hind inbound I pull my stinger and look up.  When I hear enemy pavelow inbound I do the same.  Really there should be no warning until you hear or see them shooting.  That in and of itself would buff them some.    I kinda feel bad when someone on the other team gets an attack heli and a pavelow and I wipe em both out or when an OG is coming in and a couple guys on my team take it out in a few seconds. 

The stealth strike is actually one of the most powerfull assault streaks in the game especially on obj games where the hot spots are obvious.  A buddy of mine is terrible at this game and while playing dom he gets them all of the time.......I think the damage area on the precision air strike needs widened even doubled maybe.

• Re: Precision Airstrike is junk....

I highly agree, I used the PAS a lot on MW2 in domination. If i needed to defend C while I am at A i would drop the PRECISION on C and kill everyone. The precision on MW3 is not Precise at all. It's super weak and a pointless killstreak to use.

TexasVic74

Agreed, I saw you you multiple times last night taking those suckers down. Everytime one came up, there you were squatting and aiming for it.

On the other note, yeah the airstrike blows hard....I got a few last night while playing with you and never got a single kill. I don't play Dom much but it's like you said the points are obvious and it should always guarantee you some kills!!!

RAMBONER

Ya man I carry a stinger on every class even my shotty classes haaa...If your playing with me you wont die much from enemy air support thats for sure haaaa.... Ill even get two shots off at an OG, C130 etc. and suicide myself to finish em off.   It would definately buff em if there was no warning they were coming in.

I saw you get those PAS and ya your right man I get em sometims in CP or tried using them and many many times get 0 kills with it.  I do get smoked by em sometimes so I think maybe I am using it wrong or something. 

ghamorra

I get more kills with a predator missile than PAS. I see no reason to use it, just doesn't do anything but maybe get you a kill and a few assists

RAMBONER

Glad its not just me.  I agree in dom a pred is much better for kills and precision...haaaa...

What is annoying is how much stronger the stealth drop is then most of the assault streaks.  I seriously would take it over an AH6.  I think thats not a very strong one either.  I could see it being a beast in FFA but thats it.  It also gets whached down to easy and doesnt last long enough. 

Gerbera

It's probably because it's meant to be "precise", as in a smaller, concentrated area with smaller collateral damage. It's not meant to be some kind of massive Stealth Bomber-like bomb run, hence why it's a mere 6 point killstreak that can be easily obtained if you chain it to the Predator Missile and an Attack Helicopter right after. 1 single Predator Missile can net you 2 extra killstreaks.

Sometimes I get 0-1 kills, other times I get 2-4 kills. You yourself have to be "precise" with where you mark the area too, lol. You can't always just put the marker on some generalized area where you see a dot(s) and expect to get guaranteed kills with it. Same with the Stealth Bomber (though, as Support, that also has side effects meant to help the team and not necessary get kills).

RAMBONER

So does it drop most of its ammo wherever you put the cursor??  I thought that was just to determine the direction like the stealth strike.  Maybe thats what I am doing wrong. 

So for example if I want it to run accross B toward C would I put the cursor directly on B aiming toward C or could I put the curser anywhere in that line with it covering the whole map?

every time a airstrike is called over me it seems its only the last strike out of the 3 that kills me.