8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2012 9:15 AM by knarleymarley RSS

Smoke Grenades????

FuzzyG

BigggFuzzyG;

Do they work right? They sure don't seem to when you see them in a Kill Cam.

• Re: Smoke Grenades????

They work very well. Just not in the killcam sometimes. Even though you can't see it in the kill cam there was smoke everywhere in the game.

same same with flash/concussion.

FuzzyG

BigggFuzzyG;

They seem cheap to me. Like a Rip-off. They should show weather it be in a Kill-Cam or Final Kill-cam. It should show what actually happened and not what they want you to see. I don't recall this being the case in any other C.O.D. So why then should they start now? Real to life situation, Not made up. No matter how crazy or insane the death in the Kill-cam or Final Kill-cam is!!!

esmorgue

The game is broke just Black Ops.

FuzzyG

BigggFuzzyG;

I have to agree. The game has lots of issues, but it seems if they are going to trying fix some of these problems. They need to start small. Something this little should be easy to fix, but I question the dedication to the game.

The smoke grenades work very well in this game. You can't see any one in it until you get pretty damn close to them and then you just see outlines until you're touching. I use the smoke grenade all the time as an escape tool, a decoy, I use it to get me to positions I can't fight my way to with my SMG, I use it to help team mates, I use it to make enemies not want to run through an area, I use it to cover objectives.... I just wish we either had two smoke grenades, I wish they did a tiny bit of dmg on exploding into the smoke which would go really well with recon! It would be nice as well if the smoke wasn't so verticlally restricted. For example if I try to throw it over top of my cover and mess up the throw, I've had times where the grenade will get stuck on top of a car, stuck in a window sill, things like that where the grenade is raised off the ground, the smoke spreads out and up a little bit, but not down at all leaving the bottom half of every ones torso exposed.... Those throws piss me off so much .

I think making smoke grenades work in killcams is a bigger issue than you think - it's exactly the same way with wondows - things like breaking windows and throwing smoke grenades only happen once - the game data's not saved or anything the way player movement and weapon firing is.

Smoke kind of slows down the game, too. It's a complicated feature and I feel like it's not that big of deal compared with a lot of the other 'problems' with this game people are complaining about.

no game is perfect - I don't think this is even a patchable concept. is it really even that big of a deal..?