1 2 3 4 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 1:45 PM by draftd Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

triiviium- wrote:

I have been playing with some friends on Hard Core and I just wanted to know how can anyone stand to play it for very long. Constant campers with the striker, even if they dont have that they just spray bullets. Maybe im just to used to core but HC is just so horrible IMO. Its also annoying being killed constantly by being shot by your self because of a careless team member or a poorly planned Predator Missile.

Core has just as many "Campers". I play both regularly, and I'm sure those who do will agree.

As far as the "Striker" users go, I've found FAR more on Core than anywhere. Except in Core if you happen to actually watch the kill cam, the people are moving all over the place just spraying in a circle hoping to hit, which truly doesn't matter with that gun.

Ricochet is a pain, but we make due and it just means you can't "Spray and Pray" like you can in Core...Just sayin'

With all of that being said, perhaps you should try HC out a little more consistently before harping on it. I only say this, cause I cried about Core until I played a full day of Demolition and now It's not so bad after all. You just need to adjust play style and pick the right weapons.

Regards,

- vTc Goose

• 11. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

I forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of hardcore campers on hardcore. It's not uncommon to play against a team with 4-5 players laying prone in a corner waiting for somebody to walk by. You usually see 1 of those guys on core every few games but in HC is almost half the team every match.

• 12. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

sfaalltheway wrote:

Never found the camping to be any worse than core, though since the tube was made to suck in core all the tubers have fled to HC.

it is the choice of game mode to get that noob tube challenge out of the way for your gun level up

• 13. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

markocc wrote:

I forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of hardcore campers on hardcore. It's not uncommon to play against a team with 4-5 players laying prone in a corner waiting for somebody to walk by. You usually see 1 of those guys on core every few games but in HC is almost half the team every match.

What game type(s) are you playing? When do you play and on what console? Cause I'm on Xbox, play Dom, SnD, and Team Tact usually and rarely come across a majority as you're saying sitting in a corner prone (which by the way is awkward and very hard to get shots off).

• 14. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    creaper21

I only played it voluntarily to level up the HORRIBLE Dragunov. I also dislike Hardcore.

Explosives are just as overpowered as they were in MW2 when you play Hardcore. Explosives might be the most frustrating thing to deal with if you're playing Hardcore. I can't stand them.

• 15. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

creaper21 wrote:

Explosives are just as overpowered as they were in MW2 when you play Hardcore. Explosives might be the most frustrating thing to deal with if you're playing Hardcore. I can't stand them.

You mean explosives are more realistic? You can't recover from them like you can from just about everything in Core? With the exception of the XM25, you only get two 203 shells with your under barrel attachment and with the other launcher. If any of the other RPG's were to explode next to you, you should die. If a grenade or claymore, etc blows up next to you, you should die..

• 16. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    creaper21

Realism has nothing to do with a video game. So no, I mean Explosives are overpowered.

• 17. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

creaper21 wrote:

Realism has nothing to do with a video game. So no, I mean Explosives are overpowered.

How did I know someone would take "realistic" at face value. Yes, it's a video game, but when a grenade blows up 2ft. away from you and you don't die from it? Really? When C4 detonates 5ft. from you and you don't die from it? When a Barrett .50 hits you in the chest and you don't die from it? Okay, so I'm going astray from the whole explosion thing, but seriously...Core is like boxing with football pads on.

- vTc Goose

• 18. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    jdwildcat2003

I stopped playing Core long ago for many reasons:

1. Noobs:  Kids lobbing grenades, javelins and RPGs all over the map to get kills, never knowing where the enemy may be.  In Hardcore, a misplaced grenade or javelin gets you killed.  So VERY little noobing in HC.

2. KIDS: Whiney, mouthy ignorant 11 yr olds are far fewer on HC than Core.

3. Realism:  Much closer to reality.  When I hit someone with a 7.62mm from a Mk14 in HC, they go down.  In Core it takes 3 shots.  In Core it can take 2 shots to kill with the Barret 50 caliber sniper rifle.  This is laughable.  In HC, one shot will do it.

4. Map:  The map is a crutch for players without skill.  They can ALWAYS see where their players are, see where shots are fired from etc.  In HC, this is only available when a UAV is up making you have to pay attention where you are and LOOK for the enemy.

5. Camping:  It's NO worse in HC than Core.  However, what many idiots call camping is someone 'moving slowly' in an area to be cautious.  In HC you can't run around with reckless abandon and expect to be successful.

6. Stealth Bombers: In Core, yahoos tee up the ole Stealth Bomber with total disregard for team mates, because there is no problem with launching a bay of bombs on your friends.  This is stupid.  In HC, you can't do that. If you drop on your team, you die.

7. Silencers: Silenced weapons work in HC without having to shoot a person 5 times.

I play HC almost exclusively.  When my clan mates take me back to a Core game I feel like I'm going back to kindergarton.  The game play and communication of the players is like a playground.  No thought, no strategy, just mindless running, spraying and gunning.

Hardcore is the best aspect of MW3. 

• 19. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    creaper21

vTc__Goose wrote:

creaper21 wrote:

How did I know someone would take "realistic" at face value. Yes, it's a video game, but when a grenade blows up 2ft. away from you and you don't die from it? Really? When C4 detonates 5ft. from you and you don't die from it? When a Barrett .50 hits you in the chest and you don't die from it? Okay, so I'm going astray from the whole explosion thing, but seriously...Core is like boxing with football pads on.

- vTc Goose

In real life, you won't fall 10 feet and die. In the game, you can.

In real life, you cannot get shot 4 times in the foot and keep walking. In the game, you can.

Hell, in real life, you know how much ammo you have!

These realism arguments are dumb. I don't care if it "makes sense" that a grenade should kill me. It is unbalanced and that's all that matters in a video game.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next