1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 1:45 PM by draftd Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    half-megatron

    "1. Noobs:  Kids lobbing grenades, javelins and RPGs all over the map to get kills, never knowing where the enemy may be.  In Hardcore, a misplaced grenade or javelin gets you killed."

     

    thats weird...because I swear this is why I dont play HC on mw3....oh and don't forget xm25's

  • 21. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    creaper21 wrote:

     

    vTc__Goose wrote:

     

    creaper21 wrote:

     

    Realism has nothing to do with a video game. So no, I mean Explosives are overpowered.

    How did I know someone would take "realistic" at face value. Yes, it's a video game, but when a grenade blows up 2ft. away from you and you don't die from it? Really? When C4 detonates 5ft. from you and you don't die from it? When a Barrett .50 hits you in the chest and you don't die from it? Okay, so I'm going astray from the whole explosion thing, but seriously...Core is like boxing with football pads on.

     

    - vTc Goose

    In real life, you won't fall 10 feet and die. In the game, you can.

    In real life, you cannot get shot 4 times in the foot and keep walking. In the game, you can.

    Hell, in real life, you know how much ammo you have!

     

    These realism arguments are dumb. I don't care if it "makes sense" that a grenade should kill me. It is unbalanced and that's all that matters in a video game.

    Again, you're taking my "Realistic" a bit far here. I did not say that I am in fact comparing this to "Real Life" I simply said "realistic". Is this game not based on a "realistic" model? Are the characters, etc, fiction? Yes, but they aren't cartoon aliens or talking dogs. The "Game" is based on "Realism" to an extent. So for you to keep pushing your "It's a game" argument with Core which at this point has gone on some other tangent is rather silly. Are you arguing for the simple fact of, or do you have a point? I made a few, and you seem to be attacking my choice of words with your opinion, which you are in fact entitled as am I.

     

    That being said - I play both Core and Hard Core. I think Core can be cheesy at times. As I stated it's like boxing with football gear on. Sure you can get knocked out, but it takes a whole hell of a lot more. People complain about "campers" in HC and 'claim' that there's no such thing in Core. That's BS and we all know it. Not once did I deny that there are campers in Core, nor did I argue that tubes are abused and can be annoying. Sure, some explosives are a pain. I think that in Core they should get a bit of a buff. Not necessarily the 203 fired from an under barrel, or the ones from an XM25, but perhaps other explosives.

     

    re·al·is·tic

    [ree-uh-lis-tik] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html adjective

                1.interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real orpractical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.

    2.

    pertaining to, characterized by, or given to therepresentation in literature or art of things as they reallyare: a realistic novel.

    3.

    resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled atmaking realistic decoys.

    4.

    Philosophy . of or pertaining to realists or realism.

     

  • 22. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    creaper21

    Wow. Thanks for giving me the definition. I clearly did not know what realism means.

     

    Go back and read your first comment. You think explosives should be this powerful because it's more realistic. But like I said, this is a video game. And realism does not matter in a video game.

  • 23. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    creaper21 wrote:

     

    Wow. Thanks for giving me the definition. I clearly did not know what realism means.

     

    Go back and read your first comment. You think explosives should be this powerful because it's more realistic. But like I said, this is a video game. And realism does not matter in a video game.

    Ignorance is bliss...

     

    I'm done with this argument it's obviously going nowhere. Fall back on your only crutch, and keep copy / pasting it. It's my "GAME" that I paid for and I'll play it as I choose. Enough said. Thank you, come again.

     

    - vTc Goose.

     

    p.s. You're welcome. One last thought - Perhaps you should read what you wrote. Realism has a lot to do with THIS "Video Game" but its okay...

  • 24. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    creaper21

    I'm fine with the fact that you or anyone else thinks it's balanced. That's your opinion. But saying it's fine simply because it's more 'realistic' is dumb.

     

    MW3 is an arcade shooter. They go for balance first, realism second. They obviously skipped that part when it comes to Hardcore though.

  • 25. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    HC is a campfest. I will never play it again.

  • 26. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    you think it,s a camp fest cos you dont have a 5 sec replay of how you died stupidly.

     

    every one that has ever posted vid's on here about campers are core vids.

     

    you shout campfest, now post the vids to back it up cos i bet when you watch it back you'll realise that you got owned and have no skill

  • 27. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    Constant campers with the striker,

     

    id love to know how people know they have been killed by a camper with no kill cam to show them lol

  • 28. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?
    rankismet

    triiviium- wrote:

     

    I have been playing with some friends on Hard Core and I just wanted to know how can anyone stand to play it for very long. Constant campers with the striker, even if they dont have that they just spray bullets. Maybe im just to used to core but HC is just so horrible IMO. Its also annoying being killed constantly by being shot by your self because of a careless team member or a poorly planned Predator Missile.

     

    Translated:

     

    1. You played TDM. In TDM, loads of people camp... the goal is to die less than the other after all.

     

    2. You tried to play HC like Core. You can't... period.

     

    3. You don't know how to identify targets, communicate with your team, or pay attention to what is around you. You lack tactical awareness. You are use to the game doing it for you and never having any repercussion.

     

     

    A lot of players prefer HC because:

     

    1. No health fairy.

    2. Less screen clutter.

    3. Weapon balance.

    4. More tactical and intense.

     

     

    Try HC KC... fast paced and a lot of fun.

  • 29. Re: How can anyone stand Hard Core?

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

    I stopped playing Core long ago for many reasons:

     

    1. Noobs:  Kids lobbing grenades, javelins and RPGs all over the map to get kills, never knowing where the enemy may be.  In Hardcore, a misplaced grenade or javelin gets you killed.  So VERY little noobing in HC.

    You have only have 1 javelin and you can't shoot RPGs all over the map  without knowing where the enemy is.  Have you ever even shot an RPG in the game?  They fly all over the place and no one even uses RPGs in core because they all have FMG9s.  I've seen a few javelins maybe 1 every 10-15 games or so  but even then the person has to die to get another one.  Nades in core don't even usually kill you unless you are already damaged.  So the random lobbing doesn't even matter since scavenger can't resupply them.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

    2. KIDS: Whiney, mouthy ignorant 11 yr olds are far fewer on HC than Core.

    I play in party chat.  Can't hear anyone at all so it doesn't matter.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

    3. Realism:  Much closer to reality.  When I hit someone with a 7.62mm from a Mk14 in HC, they go down.  In Core it takes 3 shots.  In Core it can take 2 shots to kill with the Barret 50 caliber sniper rifle.  This is laughable.  In HC, one shot will do it.

    You obviously haven't played core much.  MK14 is a 1(headshot) to 2 shot kill most of the time.  Only 3 shot kill at extremely long distances.  Also the barret 50 cal is a 1 shot kill if you know how to aim.  Above the waist it's a 1 shot.  If you shoot him in the toe you may have to shoot one more time.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

     

    4. Map:  The map is a crutch for players without skill.  They can ALWAYS see where their players are, see where shots are fired from etc.  In HC, this is only available when a UAV is up making you have to pay attention where you are and LOOK for the enemy.

    That is 100% your opinion.  I am rarely looking at the map.  Most people are running assassin anyway so it doesn't matter.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

    5. Camping:  It's NO worse in HC than Core.  However, what many idiots call camping is someone 'moving slowly' in an area to be cautious.  In HC you can't run around with reckless abandon and expect to be successful.

    I never understand why people say this.  When people say there's too many campers they mean the game is too slow for them.  I agree 100%.  It's almost a snails pace and it makes me want to close my eyes and take a nap.  You can look at avg SPM between hardcore and core and figure that out easily.  That's opinion though.  Some people like that slower pace and some don't.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

     

    6. Stealth Bombers: In Core, yahoos tee up the ole Stealth Bomber with total disregard for team mates, because there is no problem with launching a bay of bombs on your friends.  This is stupid.  In HC, you can't do that. If you drop on your team, you die.

    I'll agree with this point but you shouldn't have said stealth bombers.  Just killstreaks in general.  However I don't think you should die because one of your teammates walks in front of your bullets though.  If i wanted to troll right now I would hop on hardcore and just get my teammates to kill themselves.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

    7. Silencers: Silenced weapons work in HC without having to shoot a person 5 times.

    Suppresors don't reduce damage, they reduce range.  I use suppressors on my SMGs all the time.  I'm already CQC shooting so supressor doesn't make me need to shoot 5 times.

     

     

    jdwildcat2003 wrote:

     

     

    I play HC almost exclusively.  When my clan mates take me back to a Core game I feel like I'm going back to kindergarton.  The game play and communication of the players is like a playground.  No thought, no strategy, just mindless running, spraying and gunning.

     

    Hardcore is the best aspect of MW3. 

    Yeah i'm sure there's no thought, strategy at all.  Why don't your clanmates play a game against my team in core since there's no thought or strategy.  In fact if I can get all of them to play mw3 again we can do hardcore.

     

     

    Hardcore is neither better nor worse than core.  It's just different.  How can you say that there is no thought or strategy when you rarely play it?

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next