22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 2:55 PM by GsyReaper7 RSS

why no one uses pistols.

No one uses pistols simpliy because they have such low ammo after the first clip. Of course im talking about akimbo pistols because no one uses regular pistols by themselves seeing as they dont do enough dmg. THere is a very simple solution to the machine pistol and pistol problems though, simpily increast the reserve ammo for the pistols and decrease the reserve ammo for the machine pistols simple.

• Re: why no one uses pistols.

it would make them more usable. but the secondaries are dominated by fmg/any machine pistols. there is really no need for them in mw3.

I use Handguns on all of my classes except my Anti air class and they are far from useless. Last night i went 25-7 on Bakara using just a USP.45 Tactical Knife just earned the 500 kills title with it too. The only pointless Handgun is the Desert Eagle apart from that they all have their uses.

The Five-Seven is the fastest drawing weapon in the game perfect for when you need a quick drawing backup

Both the .44 Magnum and MP412 are capable of faster kills than any Machine pistol.

Handguns take more skill to use than Machine pistols but they are far from outclassed you just need to know how to use them

Agreed, well said

beg to differ i could kill you quicker with the fmg"s than you could with the say MP412. just saying.

but it does take alot more skill to use a hangun. for obvious reasons.

i just recently decided to max out all the pistols so i could test them out and dont get me wrong i could do fairly well by just using a pistol but you have to realize that pistols are by far the weakest gun class in the game even with considerable skill.

The FMG9 need 3 hits at incredibly short range the MP412 needs 2 out to a longer range anyone with a quick trigger finger can easily get 2 shots off before an FMG user can land 3 hits even with 1034 RPM.
        If your talking akimbo however the magnums still win 1 press on each trigger = dead theres no delay for the 3rd hit unlike the FMG9. Add the fact that i can kill you in 2 shots at a range where the FMG9 will need 4 or maybe even 5 hits and well sorry but i can drop you faster over a longer distance. As an added bonus the Magnums are still good at Medium range the FMG9 however becomes pretty pathetic outside of CQC

Edit - Forgot to mention the P99 it also kills in 3 hits ( or 2 Headshots) but its capable of a faster fire rate with much lower recoil ( Fire cap is 1200 RPM) meaning it can also kill faster than the Machine pistols although its unlikely without the use of a rapid fire controller

the fmg are only good for cqc. you obviously havent played this game alot. anyone will tell you that the fmgs would easily win.

Im Prestige 10/80 played roughly 7-1/2 days and have the proficiency title with every machine pistol and handgun. I think that shows i have plenty of experience to draw from the FMG has heavy recoil and when used akimbo you cant aim. That means Short range is all its good for an accurate player with a handgun will have no problem taking out a target at medium or in the case of the .44 Magnum maybe even long range. In comparison since they got nerfed i have never been killed by an FMG outside of Shotgun range

ragnarokchi

I like how there are about 7 different pistols, and nobody uses any of them.

I'd argue that they are ignored because they're difficult to use effectively (semi-auto, no optics, low damage, poor range), not because there's not enough ammo provided.

dastealth

I use the Five Seven silenced on my LMG & Shotgun classes because it makes a good backup weapon. Very fast draw time and the larger ammon capacity of the Five Seven means my trigger finger can go happy until I see the kill

kylet345

If I have a class without Sleight of Hand on it then there are only two other things to put on besides Machine Pistols; Handguns or Launchers. I use all handguns efficiently when I have them equipped. Usually I'll have them equipped to something like an SMG or sometimes an Assault Rifle (without SoH). The Desert Eagle is favorite of mine, 2 shot kills and a good magazine capacity are the upsides to it while the heavy recoil is the only downside. The .44 Magnum is another sidearm that I like. The MP412 is my least favorite. Out of the low powered pistols my favorite is either the P99 or Five Seven. I like the USP.45 sometimes, comes in handy when put with a gun that is already good at CQC. The P99 is the stealth tacticians best friend and the Five Seven goes well with the Sniper Rifles because of the faster swap time.

just get scavanger pro, and use scavenger alot more till you get akimbo, you only need something like 10 kills to get it on some of them

u fail to realizw what i am trying to say. they need to start off with more reseve ammo period beacuse even if you can use them well they run out fast where as you can kill the entire team twice with an machine pistols bullets

I use pistols. Sorry I don't have to turn to the automatics to kill someone like the rest of you noobs.

I laugh when someone tries to kill me with a pistol.