42 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 9:47 AM by KillerBoy9 RSS

full parties should be illegal

dlundebjerg28

I  tend to play solo a large amount of the time, or with one or two other ppl. I partied up with CAPTAIN_JERK_OFF, some random kid we played with and a few of his friends and we went on an absolute tear. 33-0 for the night and apart from a few games we basically doubled the other teams score.

I now realize how some of you pull off these phenomenal W/L ratios. It is damn near impossible to lose when playing with a team who communicates against a team of noobs. I wish I caught onto this sooner

• Re: full parties should be illegal

Playing in a full party is literally just stat whoring at its best. IMO full parties (any parties of 3+) should not be allowed into game modes like TDM or KC, instead they should be playing DOM or other similar game types where the chances are big they will be matched agaisnt other full parties.

Alternatively, Mercenary should be the default playlist for anybody playing solo. No one seems to play this game type here in Australia and as a result I can never get into lobbies under 125ms ping forcing me to play against parties in regular game modes.

BLACKDOG

well i play with a full party because they are my friends and online gaming is about playing as a team is it not

I mostly play alone and I don't care about playing against a full party... as long as they're not using mics, cause you know they'll all be telling each other where you are all the time and it p!sses me off when you'll kill one or two of them and another couple will be hiding and waiting round the corner for you.

it is super easy mode i got two moabs yesterday playing with two people from the clan im in.

vims1990

I can see the frustration in playing against a full party (I've played against my clan solo) and it's difficult to win but I don't think it should be "illegal"

I play in a party of 6 because I enjoy playing with other players who like to be competitive but at the same time, have fun.

I use to play solo all the time in MW2 & for approx 3 months in Black Ops but after making a few friends, it's made the game enjoyable for me.

COD Elite is a tool to bring players together and form your own teams so those guys who get pub-stomp'd by clans can find other players to join in & form teams/clans. Reason why we have clan ops starting soon & different groups to be apart of.

I've never considered playing in a party hard. It's easy but less frustrating. It's requires no skill & there's alot of communication.

I play to have fun & why should I play something that get's me more frustrated because of bad teammates?

scumbaggah

You haven't really given a reason as to WHY parties should be banned, Because a party has better communication than a bunch of randoms with no mics? Stopping the ability to play with friends on an online game just so the casual randoms have fun is a terrible idea.

Also saying everyone who plays in parties has an awesome WLR isn't true at all.

On another note, If every team you're on is garbage have you thought that maybe it's just you?

Now playing in a party is OP huh?

Can't say how many years I've been telling people on the forums...

Wanna stop crying about people on your "team" not playing for the obj? Get some friends, party up, have fun..

And yeah, having a team of T95 akimbo FMG (which the OP has said is his favorite) and I'm sure you weren't gonna lose.

rlbl

If playing with parties was not allowed, then what would be the point of having a stat like W/L.

It is not possible to carry a team (as some say) if the team you are on has no clue what they are doing (like not moving out of spawn).

W/L only makes sense for teams (considering that most online game modes a team based); and if you ahve people that refuse to play as a team you are forked!

Side bar:

Dlun, I realized I removed youa s a friend because we never play together (my list is always full of people I play with, so when I add new ones, old ones get removed... sorry I did that just before we talked about playing together again!)

I will re-add you if you wish

Those are the green kids I want on my team. Keep them away from the action and let them just sit in the spawn plz. As long as they are gonna go 1-2 kills and  0-5 deaths the game is won. Its when I have to start shooting the airsupport they gave up when the "team" really suffers. If I cant kill and cap we are in trouble.

Funnyguy

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

So let me get this straight...you're complaining about something that has been around since the early days of CoD4?!? Why would they remove parties? I personally like parties, playing with other people I know, rather then being put on a team where the teammates don't do anything at all.

What's the point of this thread? You couldn't find any other gun that was OP? A perk that was OP? So you had to go after parties now!?

dlundebjerg28

Does anybody have a clue how to read? I was simply saying how easy it was to win with a full party, and how it basically felt like cheating.

I have no issues with playing against parties, I was just saying its easy mode winning when in a full party. You retards need to a) relax, not everyone complains in every post  b) read an entire post before responding, not just the title 

thebiindsniper

I'd rather be with a full party with friends, than be paired up with people who don't know what a controller is.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

rankismet

dlundebjerg28 wrote:

I  tend to play solo a large amount of the time, or with one or two other ppl. I partied up with CAPTAIN_JERK_OFF, some random kid we played with and a few of his friends and we went on an absolute tear. 33-0 for the night and apart from a few games we basically doubled the other teams score.

I now realize how some of you pull off these phenomenal W/L ratios. It is damn near impossible to lose when playing with a team who communicates against a team of noobs. I wish I caught onto this sooner

You've been on these forums a long time to just notice this... LMFAO.

The biggest benefit is to fun, however.

Wins will happen like you said but the game becomes a time for socializing and catching up with friends. I game witha group of people that I have known for years. When you're winning, the laughs flow... and if it's lagging... you got someone to P.B.M. with.

dlundebjerg28

I guess I just never realized how easy it actually is. Like I said, I never played in full parties much, mostly for the reason thisguygotcha said, cuts down on my kills big time. My kill total probably got cut in half, but winning was just so freaking easy, I was shocked. Guess I should've caught onto it earlier when guys come on here and brag about their 40+ W/L ratios lol

rankismet

dlundebjerg28 wrote:

I guess I just never realized how easy it actually is. Like I said, I never played in full parties much, mostly for the reason thisguygotcha said, cuts down on my kills big time. My kill total probably got cut in half, but winning was just so freaking easy, I was shocked. Guess I should've caught onto it earlier when guys come on here and brag about their 40+ W/L ratios lol

Your KDR when you run a full group of good players will suffer for sure... there are just fewer people alive to shoot!

Your WLR... goes up and up. Mine's 73% (~2.71) with an 86 game streak in HC KC.

Good times.

This is useless topic, i personally just go with 6 guys from my clan or 8 fellows for ground war and just pwn the **** out of enemies. I know your mad, I used to play alot solo, that's why my k/d is so bad. Now when i play solo just take a shotgun USAS 12 or Striker get damage to it and just run around and kill. I get +2 kd from each game when soloing..

TexasVic74

HA! I knew you would get a kick our of playing with Cpt JO and the boys. On Sunday when I invited you into our party and we played a few rounds (and won them all), my daughter was camped out next to me (she plays MW3 also) and she was in amazement on how easy it was that we won all the matches. She just kept telling me "That's crazy Dad!" LOL

I F'n fell asleep last night, now I am kicking myself for not staying up and partying up with you guys.
    DANG! lol

TexasVic74

But I do have to agree, it does seem too easy when (everyone is communicating) to win. Does sorta feel like cheating. I guess maybe because the maps are small. If they were twice as big, or bigger, that would not be the case.

I wasn't partied up with anyone the other night and everyone in the room was solo, was playing KC, BUT my team had mics (their team had only a few with mics), we talked quite a bit and ended up winning 65-7. After the match, nobody called anyone a cheater, but everyone was shocked that it happened like that. Communication, I guess is the true key?

See I find that funny when you hear a party communicating like that when we play them. "oh man he killed me here, or there is 2 of them coming orwhatever else" I can only imagine what the enemy is thinking when they do  get lucky enough to kill a clan member or me. Usually we are just talking about some random crap that has nothing to do with the game or trying to figure out, out of which one of us has the most homosexual tendancies, or there are even times we break out in some of the most random songs like bel biv devo's poison or even some regulators. Also making fun of my amazing boston accent comes up from time to time.

ghamorra

The Cpt. and Thisguygotcha have incredible teams they play with. I usually have to have to put on the jetpack to keep up with them. Like you said, my kills were cut in half and probably more. The other team was quiting faster than the spots were being filled. In BO, with the party I ran with we had more wins from a forfeit than legit start to finish wins. There was alway a Blackbird AND Dogs out in the second round of CTF, always. It was no contest

Bleak5170

All I can say is thank God for Mercenary. Mind you, sometimes there are FAR worse players in normal modes, but at least there's no parties. I was in a Dom match on Mission last night where the other team had non-stop AC-130s and Pave Lows. I'm not kidding either - they went up one after the other.

But yeah, if you want insane stats play in a full party. I played with a party in Black Ops and win streaks in the hundreds were not out of the question. And it did wonders for everyone's KDR. I play solo in MW 3 100% of the time and on one account I actually try to have a good kill/death ratio, and it still pales in comparison to what I did in Black Ops.

Snipingdbag

If it's not challenging to win the game gets boring imo, but each to his own. Nothing more fun than beating a clan flying solo, but the randoms need to be at least decent. Thus I say remove splitscreeners and give low lvls a boot camp playlist like in waw, until they reach at least lvl 50 none prestige, this should also be the only playlist with deathstreaks.

well, many of the posters here have brought up good points...

now personally.. i think infinity ward would have been better off separating the matches as gears of war has done with the ranked and unranked matches...

i tend to believe that having it done this way leads people who are in parties / clans to go play in ranked matches and people who usually game solo would tend to play in unranked / social / player matches (at least that's what i would do)...

i believe this solution would just about completely solve the unfair party up advantage...

because people in clans and parties would realise in unranked, there is no challenge for them to be had, unless they go the ranked route...

and for solo players / casual gamers, unranked is really the way to go, unless your playing in ranked deathmatch, mercenaries or some other official solo game..

because honestly, i've tried a couple of gears of war ranked matches by myself in the past and let me tell u, that was a big mistake!!.. i've never been so slaughtered in any other game my entire life.. as the 3-4 games i tried out were either all clans or all buddies partied up communicating.. at least i learned my lesson to never play ranked (unless you've got a full team or are forced to play it)...

that's just my 2 cent's on it

Bleak5170

Interesting thought on the the unranked matches. I know I'm in a very small minority but I would gladly play unranked where stats meant nothing. Don't keep track of anything - I don't care. I just want to play the game without everyone obssessing over kill/death ratio.

@ Bleak5170

yeah, gears of war 2 (after the big patch that fixed everything) and gears of war 3... really have the best paradigm out of every online console game that i've ever played...

i just love how their ranked matches and unranked matches function...

ranked match...

- can party up before matches (most games can do this)

- always go into a lobby to vote on the map to be played, before every match (important for ranked)

- always go to a lobby after every match to reconnect with new opponents (which is good)

- no joining of a game in progress (a very nice feature to have)

- bots replace dropped players (which is a hell of a lot better than being outnumbered!)

- stats are tracked (their official)

unranked match...

- can party up

- all maps are played in a neverending map rotation cycle (which i personally love)

- can join games in progress (actually a plus and not a big deal for unranked matches, but sucks for ranked matches of any kind and should never happen)

- no lobbies (a plus, since it's not a serious game)

- bots fill empty player slots and become replaced by players who join (which is great)

- stats are still tracked on the official developer website (only their unnofficial)

i think that if mw:3 (and every console game for that matter) took this approach, it would be awesome!..

i am also really hoping that this is the approach that the upcoming counter strike: global offensive will take with their "competitive (ranked) and casual (unranked)" gaming setups, would totally rock!.. and work out well...

because as of right now, infinity ward seems to have features from both gow ranked and unranked matches combined and forced, which isn't really the ideal way to go... but i guess it's one of those to each company their own, sort of deal

crossfire-roadster

The only problem I have with playing against clans/teams is it screws up the connections.  You have people in a party that may have some pretty large pings to the host.  The outcome is some pretty laggy gameplay and if I get chosen to host which is the majority of the time its just unplayable. 

Mercenary isn't too bad except I don't care too much for tdm and it seems to get voted for most of the time.  The other problem with mercenary is there aren't as many people playing the mode so getting into a decent lobby can take a while.

I actually went back to playing FFA this weekend and got to say the lag is not bad unless I'm the host.

haysus83

ONE THING I'VE NOTICED AND HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF IS THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU GET A FULL PARTY YOU HAVE A WAY BETTER CHANCE OF HOSTING THE LOBBY... HOST IS EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME...SO IF YOUR GETTING CRUSHED BY FULL PARTIES ITS MOST LIKELY CAUSE YOUR CONNECTION TO THE HOST...HIT DETECTION ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE BETTER WHEN I'M PLAYING WITH FRIENDS...BTW COMMUNICATION IS KEY IN A TEAM GAME...YOU SHOULD TRY MICS AND FULL PARTIES...

My only issue with parties/Clans is when they come up against a group of lone wolfs/random's then they somehow think they are the best clan EVER when they beat them, the sad thing is they actualluy think they are good regardless of the advantages. It's such a massive advantage if you're in a clan so you can

1. Spawn trap

2. Talk to each other about location of enemy

3. Ensure you're all running different or complementary kill streaks

the list goes on.

My point is that clans are at such an advantage it's almost not worth playing them, if my team is a bunch of noobs then I drop out, but I have to admit beating a clan with all the advantages they have is certainly some sweet Schadenfreude...

running in parties makes winning so much easier i partied up many times with friends who hav artio of above 2. and one of them is ranked 54 in the world in kills, when we play theres always an ac130 reaper pavlow, osprey gunner in the air, we beat the sh*t out of the other team lol most ppl on the other team end wth 30+ deaths