11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 6:43 AM by thebiindsniper RSS

New Point Streak reward system--SLAYER & OBJECTIVE (Updated Mar 21, 10:04pm Eastern)

thebiindsniper

Each class, now has the ability to switch the way you earn rewards via SLAYER or OBJECTIVE, similar to strike packages.

**SLAYER - Point Streaks, both Assault and Support, are earned much faster via kills, even in objective games.  However, dying will result in all points being reset to Zero.

--Points can still be earned via objective pursuit.

--Point Streak Kills, can add to the current point streak.

**OBJECTIVE - Point Streaks, both Assault and Support, are earned more towards objectives.  In addition, points do not reset upon death.

--Point Streak kills, do NOT add to the current point streak.

--If the gametype is Objective based (CTF, Domination, Demo, etc.), multiple points are only earned for objective pursuits (captures, defends, plants, defuses, etc.).  Points are not earned for simple kills that did not revolve around objectives.

--If the gametype is Deathmatch based (TDM, FFA, Team Defender), Support Rewards are only available, while Assault rewards require the player to equip the 'SLAYER' role.

So as a result, both players have equal benefit of earning the rewards they want, while maintaining balance as a result. 

I know that I always thought kills should not reward players.  But if that idea happened, nobody would play anymore.  But what do you think?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

• Re: New Point Streak reward system--SLAYER & OBJECTIVE (long read)

The killstreak system is better than point streaks. Just revert back to that.

• Re: New Point Streak reward system--SLAYER & OBJECTIVE (Updated Feb 21, 6:22pm Eastern)
    thebiindsniper

From the Treyarch forums:

kastro187420 wrote:

--If the gametype is Objective based (CTF, Domination, Demo, etc.), points are only earned for objective pursuits (captures, defends, plants, defuses, etc.).  Points are not earned for simple kills that did not revolve around objectives.

This is really the only part I have issue with. Now I'm sure you've followed my posts or seen them often enough to know that I'm not fan of kill-whoring in Objective game modes, but I do think kills should add to point streaks. Not quite the same as before however. Instead of purely objective-level kills, I propose a new system:

• Capturing the Objective/Planting the Bomb earns you two points towards your point streak
    • Killing a player who is currently capturing/planting/defusing an objective earns you one point towards your point streak
    • Kills outside of Objectives earn you 1/2 of a point towards your point streak

In this way, someone who is purely "slaying" in an objective game mode can still earn their point streaks, but at a rate of 50% slower than usual. If their kills benefit the team (IE Objective defends), then it'll be worth a full point towards their streaks. In this way, a simple UAV (3 points) would require 6 normal kills, as opposed to simply 3 kills at the objective, or capping an objective and earning 2 kills.

In this way, players such as myself who tend to post 25-30+ kill matches while actively pursuing the objective can still earn point streaks even if our teams objectives have already been secured, and the enemy simply lacks the capability to take them back. Albeit, it would be at a much slower rate (1/2 point per kill). So those 25-30 kill matches would only net 12-15 points total towards your streak.

When using the OBJECTIVE point streak system, you are rewarded for objective pursuits.  That includes Defends and Offensives.  There is also a point difference in terms of what is earned, depending on the point streak system you chose.  For example:

SLAYER - Earns only one point for any objective pursuit, and only one point for each kill earned (and half for assists via Hardline Pro)

If it's Kill Confirmed, kills only earn a point, and tags reward 0.

OBJECTIVE - Earns 2-3 points for major pursuits, like captures in CTF and Domination, destroyed bomb sites in Demolition.  2 points are earned for defense, and 1 point for offensive actions.

If it's Kill Confirmed, then collecting tags earn you a point, and denying kills offers half a point (0 points for collecting your own tags, to prevent exploitation).

However, despite the more points for objective play, 0 points are earned for kills that were no where near the objective.  The reason for this, is because the OBJECTIVE point streak system rewards Assault rewards like Helicopters.  It's not to be confused with the Support Strike Package in MW3.  If OBJECTIVE were to earn a point, even half, for those "simple" kills, it would become overpowered, because the points don't reset.

Now for Team Deathmatch, Free for All, and Team Defender, OBJECTIVE earns a point for every kill.  But the points required for each reward is doubled or more, so easily earned rewards are less spammed.

OR

In TDM, FFA, and TD only, OBJECTIVE point streak system, acts like the support strike package, by only rewarding the non-assault rewards.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior