23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 4:35 PM by iWALLBANGu RSS

Clan Ops-IW please read!

CowboySr

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks, but now as the time approaches for the first Clan Op tomorrow, I really think this process needs an overhaul. The method in which the points are to be achieved are going to be anything but by good teamwork. See if you and your clan go in and defend flags to the best of your ability, its only gonna be done by letting people in the flag area in the first place...which seems silly. Cause its not a defend unless they're in the lil circle contesting.  Secondly if you and your clan buddies are trading off kills to get these defends, its not optimal cause they're only taking the best  people from the clans total score. Its like you gotta make sure only one person from each flag gets all the kills. In fact, to get the best chance of getting gold, you should really all be in separate rooms all together. This to me defeats the purpose of what clan teamwork and points should be based on. Instead for a game like Domination, it should be based on total points spread, or wins, or total time with flags. These to me would make you want to get your clan together and Dominate.

In a clan op like CTF, it should not be Flags based on individual captures, rather team captures.Otherwise you gotta split up so everyone can make your best team of 6.

In a clan Op like TDM, it should be based on Final point spread, making you dominate the other team. As it stands now, its gonna take your best 6 people based on kills only. Well then you shouldn't even be in the same match cause not everyone can get 20+ kills a round in a game to 75 kills. So again to win, the clan cant play together.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, but if I'm right, can this be changed, was this thought out on this at all, Is there any Op that will be best suited for you to actually play with your clan? Otherwise what's the point?

• Re: Clan Ops-distorting the point
    CowboySr

Before this thread is pushed off to page 6 because of all of the multiple I hate lag threads, can anyone confirm as to if this is the way they are calculting points for these "Clan Ops"? Im not looking to make this a 10 page thread, but am I wrong about the scoring for these seeming kinda mental?

I agree with you on this completely.

MaxChaos

Yeah I agree with you. There will probably only be 1, maybe 2 Clan Op challenges that will work by playing as a team.

The first Challenge (Capture Objectives in Domination) is one of those. As long as your in the flag area when its captured, you get points for it. They dont just go to only 1 person in the area.

CowboySr

True, flag captures, if youre all together at the same place, same time. But Again, I challenge whether this is form of teamwork that wins the game for you. Cause to be optimal and to win in this "operation", you have to purposely lose the flags as fast as possible so you can attempt to recapture them. Again I feel total time with flags, wins, or point spread would be a better meaasure of a clan based Operation.

MaxChaos

Yeah, that is true. You might get alot of captures during the game, but your chance at actually winning the game is low. I guess people have to choose, win the match, or try to win EXP for the clan. It doesnt seem like its setup to do both.

risensei

A type of forced boosting. No point in defending the flag. And it is better to give it up, so it can quickly be recaptured. I foresee entire games of mixed clan members running by the other team just to take the flag and run to the next.

CowboySr

I really didnt even want to get into all the boosting. Im sure the clan the wins the single big prize will be reviewed somehow. We will always have boosters. Im more concerned on the fact that these are clan ops that you should want to be able to play,WITH YOUR CLAN! But the way theyre set up, you should be soloing somewhere defeating the purpose of its own name.

Kind of a huge oversight dont you think?

MaxChaos

Yeah, it is. There should be different objectives to win that are based off of teamwork. Like you had suggested, total time of flags held or something like that. Or maybe, most matches won. Something where every person on that team gets a "Point" for doing whatever it is, not just the 1 person getting a point and the rest of the team doesnt.

A lot of the clan teamwork could be accomplished if they would release the clan challenges they spoke about before.  Seems like they have removed that idea altogether.

CowboySr

What were these challenges? I dont recall. Prob cause it was like 4 months ago.

Maybe someone else can add to this, or correct me if I'm wrong, but initially challenges were supposed to be released.  Challenges similar to those you have individually (Basic Training, Finishing Moves, Prestige, etc...), but for your clan.  I recall reading one of the FAQ's and it listed some of the challenges.  You could get clan xp for wins as a clan (with at least 4-6 of your clan members in each game), length of time spent as a clan, points captured as a clan, and so on.  I have tried to find these again unsuccessfully.

• Re: Clan Ops-IW please read!

Agreed.

There's going to be some very strange Dom games this weekend, non-clan players are going to be pretty confused about what's going on.

True true...

I don't like how they lied about being able to earn clan xp even if you not premium...

They said even non premium members could earn xp from clan ops, now it says only premium.

Good job with another lie!

risensei

By forced boosting, I don't mean cheating. I mean..... Running to make a capture, ignoring enemies. Because the capture is all that matters. The rules of this event mean you waste time defending. It's going to be a 3 hour cluster f&%k.

CowboySr

Completly true. And I wouldnt blame people for doing this, since thats what the challenge forces you to do. After all, when a lone wolf vengeance challenge comes out, the headline says on it something like"ok troops, forget those K/D ratios". So its like theyre almost telling people, forget the objectives everyone! Which should be to win. Why not have it so points are awarded to clans who win more dominantly? Shouldnt be to individuals that have to be in separate rooms from their respective clans that arent playing the objective. I have to guess that someone at IW knew this would be an issue, and someone was telling them this would come up, and be an issue with the fanbase. No?

AsmodeousNZ87

What your saying is spot on

Once again they havent thought it through, i will play to thier rules no mater how ignorant they have made themselves look, would it be that hard for a dev to have come on a month ago and say, hey we are working on clan ops now and we would like to know how you would like to see them scored.

We play thew game the most, we can forsee the problems and once you get past the little kiddies you find genuine logical thinking like that of the OP.

Completly agree with your point but fear there is nothing we can do other than conform

CowboySr

I really dont even play these other modes that much, but it isnt difficult to play out in your head, that none of this makes sense to track. People are going to be mindlessly running around or baiting people in for defends just to make clan points, and not even caring about playing with their clans or even WINNING.  Im wondering now if this is part of the reason they were delayed so long. Like maybe someone there thought, why are we tracking this stuff when it should be this instead. And they just couldnt track what they should so they said ferrrrrrrgedit, just throw it out there. The people are restless.

Few observations.... 1. Let say you have a clan of 8 and only 2 have premium, what is the point of having the other six playing for? I mean if they get any defends it doesn't count so it is kinda pointless. 2. If this is the only way to get xp for your clan then it is going to screw alot of people over. So if your team usually never plays core dom then your clan is at a disadvantage. 3. Boosting will happen. I mean some clans maxed out there xp just by only inviting premium members. 4. I foresee certain game modes unplayable at time of these operations due to the 6 man parties all trying to get a spot in a lobby . Wait time is probably going to suck.

I am going to try it in the first run but depending on the experience I may not try again

Dude clans and Elite are like the little cheap toys you buy at the Dollar store. They have no value and they just created it to keep us idiots interested in the game. I see no point. I don't need a cheap little Made in China toy.

guys i have a question!! can u do these clan ops by urself?? i dont recruit anyone except ppl i know in person. and im the only one with premium so i wanna do these ops by myself. ive actually done this one before and got gold sooo yea. please answer me someone