11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 5:20 PM by Splittinwiigs RSS

Why do people care so much about people who "*****" and "complain"?

People who complain help to expose problems to the developers. It helps them to develop a better game. And why are you attempting to censor what they have to say? There is such thing as freedom of speech. If they have something to say, let them say it. And honestly, if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it... *prepares flame war armor*

• Re: Why do people care so much about people who "*****" and "complain"?
    theatriks

This is relevant, and completely necessary to the forum it's been posted in. Thank you for your glorious contribution to this well maintained sub-forum.

...This is no better than the people that complain.

rankismet

MYNAMEWONTFIT wrote:

People who complain help to expose problems to the developers. It helps them to develop a better game. And why are you attempting to censor what they have to say? There is such thing as freedom of speech. If they have something to say, let them say it. And honestly, if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it... *prepares flame war armor*

Welcome to the forums.

Usually it takes more than two posts for newcomers to resoundingly insert their foot into their mouth.

You, sir, are above average. Well done.

starbuckfrack

MYNAMEWONTFIT wrote:

Activisions forum is a private entities forum, doesnt fall under government rules. You agree to the rules when you made your forum name.

Hence no free speech here. Constitution doesnt exist on private property. They can censor or remove or modify any post that they see fit. Says so in the rules.

The complaining IS the issue. Cursing out the moderators , developers, or the game is not going to get you a positive response even if you get one at all. They need to handle their issues in a more mature manner such as no caps and no cursing, etc. As well as they need to stop eggagerating their issues and stop spreading rumors. Months of repeating the same thing over and over when people should know the devs arent going to fix it isnt going to help. You also have people complaining about every minor little thing and every few days that person makes ANOTHER thread on the same dull topic. THAT is why most people here get negative feedback. Add to the fact they post a new topic when there already is 100 other of the same topics on the first page.

And the part about you saying "if you dont have anything good to say" goes both ways.

The way you present your thoughts on a forum are directly relevant to the response you are going to get. Like for example your post was pretty civil so your going to get a majority of civil responses. If you were to come in here acting like a child then you will get treated as one. If you want a proper response from the crowd then give a proper presentation. Dont just grab hold of the podium and start throwing crap around. Especially when you think that "every game has a hacker" for example.

That5What5Up

...lol okay everyone what do you all get out of these forums?

I rant, but I also laugh at people defending this game, telling complainers to shut up.  Its great watching how the threads go down.

starbuckfrack

That5What5Up wrote:

...lol okay everyone what do you all get out of these forums?

I rant, but I also laugh at people defending this game, telling complainers to shut up.  Its great watching how the threads go down.

I read them for the laughs but also read them for other peoples "technical insights".

I think its funny how some of the "kids" on this forum get caught in a lie within two or three total posts just because they either hate the game or want the attention. Like the one who said he got a full refund on the game in one post, then said he decided not to give a refund and gave it to a ten year old at Gamestop. What was funny was he posted both of those "hate topics" within a few hours of each other.

I dont come here to "defend the game" for example but at least try to put something more into perspective for them. Not that I am assuming your are pointing at me

To be honest I been playing more BF3 at this point. Something about MW3 right now just isnt as fun anymore. For example when you are playing Drop Zone and lose 2000 to 7500 because you are the only one who goes to the Drop Zone.

trialstardragon

As towards your freeedom of speach input. That does not exist here on the internet on forums. Moderators of forums have the right to censor anything that is decided not acceptable freedom of speach does not apply. As towards the reason why many here that are non mods do it; because most are tired of seeing the same rants and whines with nothing helpful in them.

Coming to a forum and saying "Your game sucks! Fix it Now! Give me What I want! Nerf this Weapon! Buff this Weapon!" or anything like that does not help the game at all. Especially when they do not give examples of what is wrong and just come here to whine about something.

Most rants are not very helpful at all to the developers. And are just a waste of space on the forums.

gallp13

Hello Myname,

Nice tag btw;) Wow, made a splash with your second post. Chin up, as they say only bad publicity is no publicity. This respondent has found that the advice of the experienced brothers above is golden (are a few sisters floating about as well but not today) and will steer you straight. Suggesting you have been given the gift of knowledge in these replies and be guided accordingly.

In addition, if suggest,  it's very handy to know your CoC. Foxhound (King o Mods in these here parts) has conveniently posted it on the thread home page for easy reference. CoC is your friend..abide by this and you will have the forum version of free speech.

Ooh, your respondent finds that patience and good manners is helpful.....the odd cheeky remark is fun when used sparingly.

Trust this is helpful;)

Yours in CoD

What most people complain about is problems that they have no the whole community...So all this complaining doesnt help at all...

Obviously you are placing troll bait...... I'll bite

Honetly, while complaining non-stop does let the devs know something is unliked by YOU, most of the COD community isn't online trolling forums with tears begging to nerf any gun that kills them.

YOU do not represent the majority. Every suggestion made here is made by a member of the minority of COD.

Seeing as that is the case, do you think it is right to allow the VOCAL minority to have more say so than the silent majority?

Everyone can give input, but the ones who do are ALWAYS the VOCAL MINORITY.

It is the same way with everything in life.

The loudest people are always the most known. Are they more deserving to be noticed?

No.

Should they be hated for sharing an opinon?

No.

Should they be able to spam crybaby threads until they get what they want?

No.

I have always thought they should have implemented in game polling options so that ALL of the community has input to give, not only those with the loudest e-voices.