14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2012 3:36 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Thank you for HCHQ! But....

Its a lil short there IW. Thank you very much for adding more HC, eternally grateful ra ra ra....

But HQ is too short, hate to complain about something when we spent months asking for it, but the fact is, score limit 200 with each capture being worth over 100 points (at 10 a tic) makes for a potentially quick game. As in, 2 captures for max and its over. So, please increase the score limit. Thanks.

Edit - also 4 person is max party size? Why?

• Re: Thank you for HCHQ! But....
    tjmoore365

I agree... the score needs to be adjusted to 400 points to win, and points need to be given to all who help capture and destroy the HQ. Credit should not be given to just the first person on the HQ, but to all who help cap and destroy.

Definitly not worth IW taking down DOM in ELITE, had twice the playser that HC HQ has

trialstardragon

LOL.. they give something and still people are not happy.. Just proves that they never will be able to make everyone happy, nor should they try.

the short game is to make it so less people try and camp. You have be more agressive to play and not just set and hide and wait for easy kills like what happens in most hardcore game modes. It makes people have to play the objective more.

Thats a pretty terrible post, but its what I've come to expect from you, seeing as how you have always spoken out against more HC.

Thats a nice assumption on your part, but the low score cap doesn't make people do anything different. People still camp, and people can still farm kills, even with the low score cap. There is no incentive to play the objective, only one person gets points for the capture, and there are no points awarded while the HQ is captured. I've been playing for hours, and most games I don't even get 1500 points. So yeah, there is no incentive to play the objective as of now.

trialstardragon

Say what you will but your still whining more about something that was given because it was not give as you wanted it to be given. Just proves how entitlement minded some players are at times.

And it was probably a simple oversight on how they added them and can be changed; but why should they with some of the comments that was made on this thread by other posters insulting them.

You really think that with that sort of comments you deserve anything else at all? You should feel lucky to have gotten as much as you did really. For it really was suprising that they gave as much as they did.

tjmoore365

the core version goes up to 400 points, so why not the hardcore version?

trialstardragon wrote:

You have be more agressive to play and not just set and hide and wait for easy kills like what happens in most hardcore game modes. It makes people have to play the objective more.

You do realize that in HC HQ with a 20 minute timer a good group can hold down the HQ, but not cap it and just roll-face to an insane amount of kills right? I only know this, cause when it was in Team Tac my clan would do this, and don't even get me started on how we used to be in the BOps days...

That being said, I for one am happy that it's in the HC playlist, but would like the score upped the teams bumped to 6 man, and the time dropped to say 10 minutes? 20 will just drive non-HQ players crazy and this will lead to "Cry Cry, HQ.." threads here.

My two pennies,

- vTc Goose

I am very happy to see that HC HQ is finally an option but I think the best way to fix this are 3 things:

1.implement the ability for everyone capping/destroying to get credit.

2.be able to take a 6 man group but I understand this was probably b/c its the exact coding for the HC HQ already in the game

3.I'm okay with it being a 200 point game because it promotes playing the objective. However, due to this games are ending in less than 4 minutes. If that is the case I would like to see the intermission timer be changed to 30 seconds. Its a drag when its rush rush dominate then sit in a lobby for almost half the time you actually spent playing.

However, thank you IW for finally giving HC HQ its own playlist!

I too am very happy they finally added HCHQ, but they are playing with fire with the current setup. Trialstar thinks a short game means people will play the objective, and I disagree.

I just played a match on village, went 35-15, 1 capture, total score = 1800 points. Same match on Black Ops would have read like this: 35-15, 3 captures, around 4000 points. I think there are 2 reasons to play the objective in HQ: get loads of points towards prestiging, and W/L. Right now, you can't do that in an average game. You can win, but plan on watching your prestige progress slow to a crawl.

So, what I think is going to be the result is, a team gets a capture, proceeds to farm kills. I saw a game like that already, 150-0, the other team wasn't trying to capture the HQ, they were just killfarming. Their kills were in the 50s and 60s, and my team (including me) was just backing out by the droves. Is that a good thing?

Get it together IW, thank you for adding more HC, now restore HQ to what its been in every other CoD.

bo2000

they just copy and pasted the settings from team tactical and forgot to make adjustments from a four to a six player game. can't understand what took them so long making such a rushed move?

TL_Bare_B_V2

there updating HCHQ this morning so hopefuly the score limit shoud be increased to 400