43 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 2:51 PM by sml7285 RSS

Yet another sniper exploit.

No - it's not quickscoping... I don't even know what to call it. IW needs to stop doing worthless patches like releasing 5 more prestiges and such and hurry up and patch **** like this.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_PCNNcb7w

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    ghamorra

    I got quickscoped last week by I guy I had shot a good 5-6 times. He flinched quickscoped headshoted me. It was final kill and when you watched it in slow motion he was aiming so far up into the sky you couldn't even see me on the screen. After that match he appologized, not really sure why but it proves all the more that the hit detection in this game sucks

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    SalemInChains

    I wish there was a facepalm emoticon on this site.....

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

    Gonna make a video and cry that bad about someone landing a lucky flick shot on you??

    • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

      el2kay wrote:

       

      Gonna make a video and cry that bad about someone landing a lucky flick shot on you??

       

      I don't care that he killed me with a sniper shot. What I do care about is that he's using some sort of glitch to not make any noise when he shoots off his sniper.

       

      My video series is dedicated to showing fails on my part as well and general, overall BS in the game. You don't think it's wrong that some kid is running around shooting off a sniper rifle without making any noise or showing up on the radar?

      • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

        I said something the other day about this and they told me it wasn't a glitch because it was left in from a previous COD because people liked it.

         

        I wish you could slap people through your screen...and these kids are our future...

      • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

        So you're saying he didn't make any noise the WHOLE match with his rifle? Why not show that video... oh I know why. It's because it didn't happen the whole match; it's just a fluke and IT'S NOT HIS FAULT.

         

        The glitch you're showing is called MW3. It seems like a coding/processing problem more than a glitch. This has happened IN EVERY COD (btw).

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

    This is called a silent shot. It has been in the prev 2 cods as well. It really isnt an exploit unless making something harder to do is an exploit. This isnt really anything to b!tch about except you came across a better player. QSing is not an exploit either it does not abuse the aim assist function. Nor does aim assist even work properly in this game. Everyone needs to stop crying about getting one shotted with an inferior weapon. Sure there are thos instances when someone turns and gets a lucky no scope but hit your first 3 shots and it wont be a problem.

     

    I just luv the arguments for snipers though. You either are terrible and cost the game for your team. Or you are abusing and not even playing fair. I just want to know what it is?

    • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

      thisguygotcha wrote:

       

      This is called a silent shot. It has been in the prev 2 cods as well. It really isnt an exploit unless making something harder to do is an exploit. This isnt really anything to b!tch about except you came across a better player.

       

      This is priceless!!!!!

       

      So let me get this straight....IF I throw a knife at the same time as I fire a .50 rifle the rifle will be silent? and this ISN'T an exploit?


      So if I lay down at a spot in the map where my body sinks so only 1/4 of me shows isn't an exploit because it is easy to do....gotch ya!

      • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

        It was placed in the game for trick shotters . Guess what they have a bigger community on youtube than this forum does. An exploit was combining OMA DC and Tubes. It made getting kills easier. Another one was using Marathon LW Commando and Tact Knife. It made getting kills easier. This makes getting kills harder and you still show up on the radar as last I saw. So no this is not an exploit. Unless an exploit is making something harder. Now the L118 shot is an exploit, my sentry gun glitch is an exploit yet Ive heard nothing back from @402 on those issue I sent to him.

        • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
          SalemInChains

          thisguygotcha wrote:

           

          It was placed in the game for trick shotters . Guess what they have a bigger community on youtube than this forum does. An exploit was combining OMA DC and Tubes. It made getting kills easier. Another one was using Marathon LW Commando and Tact Knife. It made getting kills easier.

          So sticky aim (Auto-aim) is an exploit by the definition you just used. It makes it easier to get kills.

           

          Do you ride the short bus to school by any chance?

           

          Ohh and using "youtube community" as a basis for backing up your terrible opinion? HAHAHAHAHAHA

          • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

            Im sorry so every kill is now an exploit as every gun uses aim assist the same way.  Congrats dumb sh!t for making the stupidest post of the day BTW what is you and JT psn?

            • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

              SHANE523

               

              Think about how this sounds...they left it in because the You Tube community is greater than this forums community...I will counter that the legit COD community is larger than the You Tube community. LOL Pretty stupid argument, don't you think?

               

              Did you ever think that IW is to stupid to fix it? Because obviously they are to stupid to fix a lot of the issues in this series!

               

              It is an exploit!

               

              The trick shotters like doing 360s before taking the shot. So if a modded controller has a macro to do a 360 in an instant, would that not be a glitch? Or a cheat? But that person is in the You Tube community so it is ok.

              • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

                Well first off it was not intended 3arc would have done something about it. But how is it an exploit. You can still hear the shot, it still shows a dot when he fires and the shot is harder to hit than a reg quick scope. And yes this community isnt that bit. I can name all the regulars on here in about 2 min. The are over 600,000 subscribers to FaZe. Do you think there has been 600,000 ppl on these forums. Maybe but I rarely see anyone on here other than the regs which are not over 60 of us.

                • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

                  thisguygotcha wrote:

                   

                  Well first off it was not intended 3arc would have done something about it. But how is it an exploit. You can still hear the shot, it still shows a dot when he fires and the shot is harder to hit than a reg quick scope. And yes this community isnt that bit. I can name all the regulars on here in about 2 min. The are over 600,000 subscribers to FaZe. Do you think there has been 600,000 ppl on these forums. Maybe but I rarely see anyone on here other than the regs which are not over 60 of us.

                  What does the size of the community have ANYTHING to do with what is an exploit or not!!!? So if there are 200k playing and 150k get in to the truck on Outpost does that now mean it is not an exploit? NO. It has nothing to do with the size of the community.

                   

                  Does that sniper rifle have a silencer? If not, then doing something to make that gun act as if it has a silencer is an exploit! How about this, add this in to your logic. When I add a silencer to ANY AR it reduces the damage, correct? Does this action do the same? NO! The reason you do it is so people don't hear you, not for a trick shot, so you don't give your position away. It IS AN EXPLOIT!

                   

                  As bad as IW is Treyarch isn't much better. There are still SEVERAL basic issues that have not been fixed since MW.

                  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

                    Because it was asked by them to have it stay in. It doesnt effect the gameplay other than make the killcam silent. During the game it still shoots correctly and still shows up on the radar. All it does is look different in the killcam. AGAIN IT SOES NOT MAKE THE GUN SILENT DURING THE GAME NOR DOES IT KEEP YOU OFF THE RADAR.

                    • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

                      In the Kill cam it is dead silent..in the live action it is not as loud as what that rifle normally sounds like. I am going by SML's video and yes I hear the sniper rifle but it is clearly not as loud as that rifle normally is.

                       

                      So if it doesn't make any difference why do it? According to you it only makes a difference in the kill cam.. so why do it? Justify this action. There has to be a reason. To me that reason is to make the gun sound like it has a suppressor, lower the volume of the weapon so you don't give away your position.

                      • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

                        Because ppl think it looks 1337. Cause ppl like going for montages including snipers. Making a silent shot and then landing the throwing knife from the silent shot is prtty hard to do and its rare to get a quad feed with those 2 kills in it.

                         

                        It sounds like it sounds to me in game and I use the snipers alot but use c4 over the knife so I can get c4 shots. The L118 silenced pistol is an exploit. All you need to do is line up your shot straffe slightly to the left or right. As soon as the crosshairs open fire and move the crosshairs up and to the right. Its a new take on the G shot.

            • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
              SalemInChains

              thisguygotcha wrote:

               

              Im sorry so every kill is now an exploit as every gun uses aim assist the same way.  Congrats dumb sh!t for making the stupidest post of the day BTW what is you and JT psn?

              Ohh u mad cuz I used your (lack of) logic to prove your point wrong?

               

              Instead of getting mad bro, think before you type next time.

        • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

          thisguygotcha wrote:

           

          It was placed in the game for trick shotters . Guess what they have a bigger community on youtube than this forum does.

           

          ...FACEPALM...

          That is your argument? It was left in the game for trick shotters and because You Tube has a bigger community than these forums....I think I have just heard it all.

          • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

            I see you have a grand total of 2 hours on this game so Im glad you have an opinion on something you dont play. Try learning how to play the game. Maybe start going positive or heck go even then we can start taking things you say into consideration.

            • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

              thisguygotcha wrote:

               

              I see you have a grand total of 2 hours on this game so Im glad you have an opinion on something you dont play. Try learning how to play the game. Maybe start going positive or heck go even then we can start taking things you say into consideration.

               

              Hey dumba55 did you stop to think that maybe I had to create another account on the forums because IW cannot marry accounts? BTW the time on my normal account has been stuck at 133 for over a month now...just goes to show how good at developing IW is! But hey keeping using stupid arguments, like having 2 hours experience invalidates someone's opinion, because they make you sound so intelligent!

      • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
        SalemInChains

        JT when a person says, "QSing isnt expoliting auto-aim", they lose all chance of having a logic and sensable conversation as its obvious that they lack the mental fortitude to carry a civi conversation.

         

        In other words, dont bother...

         

        Its obviously a glitch/exploit that he cant defend as its blatently obvious to eveyr1 else that its not intended to be in the game.

        • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

          Explain to me HOW qsing abuses aim assist not auto aim you dumb f*ck.

          • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
            SalemInChains

            You spin, sticky aim stops you on a pplayer, you fire, kill player = exploit sticky aim.

             

            No sticky aim? you turn, go completely past player, fire and miss.

             

            Want me to write that in drool on the school bus window so you can press your face up against it to read it cause the chin strap on your helmet that mommy makes you wear on the bus is in the way?

            • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

              Lol sticky aim doesnt stick on a player at high sensativity. It only sticks if you move a t 2 sensativity. BTW its not aim assist that gets ppl to hit no scopes on a reg basis. Again learn the facts before you speak. If you want to know how to hit no scopes look up how to do a g shot or the L118 silenced pistol glitch. Now those are exploits.

    • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

      thisguygotcha wrote:

       

      QSing is not an exploit either it does not abuse the aim assist function. Nor does aim assist even work properly in this game. Everyone needs to stop crying about getting one shotted with an inferior weapon.

       

      Here's the thing: personally I don't care about QSing. I think that it's an exploit of a mechanic of the game that has become ingrained into the culture of the franchise, just like flag juggling has in Halo. The only time I ever used a quickscoping clip in my series is that one where the guy does it about five times in a row and I only posted that up becuase I thought it was funny as hell.

       

      Here's a secret - I'm a troll. I love to get a rise out of people and honestly, that's the only reason I continue to post that video on QS threads that pop up every few days. There are so many new members that pop up every now and then and I love to mess with people.

       

      That being said - this isn't quickscoping; this is exploiting a glitch that allows one to run around and get shots off without making any noise.

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    sexytuan

    That is not an exploit it is called, "Silent Shot." It is when you shoot your sniper than instanly clicking the R2 button right afterwards which makes the shot silence.(must have a throwing knife)

     

    BTW that has been in the game since Mw2 lol

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    dlundebjerg28

    I think people mentioned this on the actual video, but this was in MW2 and Black Ops. No idea why, and its basically giving snipers a free silencer on their gun, but whatever. I've never come across this in a game, I've only seen it on YouTube, but I'd be pissed if this happened to me lol

     

    I think the biggest fail of that video is the guy was nowhere near on target and got the kill

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

    This has been around since mw2.  

     

    It's called a silent shot.  All you do you shoot then press R2 quickly after. 

     

    It provides no advantage.  Infact it is a disadvantage because of the timing needed  to pull it off.  It only makes the killcam silent.  If you listen to the video you can still hear the shot.  ( from your perspective).

     

    You probably already knew all this and only pretended not to, to get a rise out of people.  So this is mainly geared towards people who are going to start reported people who do this.

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    sexytuan

    I don't see why people complain about this it has been in the previous CoD and it is really hard to pull it off. They have to be a better than average quickscopper to knock this shot down constanly.   

     

    Btw you can do this trick on any gun that is single fire.

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    e-l-m-e-r-_-

    lol thats a silent shot all you have to do is press the throwing knife button after you shoot and in killcams it wont show as a shot it doesnt give you anything watch this video hes trying to get sniper feeds with this trickshot. it actually makes it harder to kill multiple people with a sniper. (you can also doit with a shotgun)

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjA2WUXgsJk&feature=plcp&context=C3b420fbUDOEgsTo PDskJ6EYZr7kZ95PD64hPBzKQ0

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    SalemInChains

    thisguygotcha said - Explain how QSing abuses sticky-aim???

     

     

    You spin, sticky aim stops you on a player, you fire, kill player = exploit sticky aim.

     

    No sticky aim? you turn, go completely past player, fire and miss.

     

    Want me to write that in drool on the school bus window so you can press your face up against it to read it cause the chin strap on your helmet that mommy makes you wear on the bus is in the way?

    • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.

      But that isnt what happens. If you just say random bs it doesnt make it an so. The no scope is completely random and even if you did line up the shot perfectly it doesnt mean your even gonna hit the shot.I can hit almost 75% of my no scopes and it is from an exploit. But its not sticky aim. Like I said you can use the g shot to increase your chances or you can use the L118 silenced pistol EXPLOIT and never miss a no scope again.

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    Snipingdbag

    They should add a qs gun game, they clearly can't balance the sniper rifle online (prove see these maps & qdraw smg ads speed on ohk rifles), such a playlist should reduce the amount of qsing trolls by half at least & improve objective games like dom.

  • Re: Yet another sniper exploit.
    scratch_1_more

    sml7285 wrote:

     

    No - it's not quickscoping... I don't even know what to call it. IW needs to stop doing worthless patches like releasing 5 more prestiges and such and hurry up and patch **** like this.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_PCNNcb7w

     

    Let the games begin XD