15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 10:15 AM by CowboySr RSS

Boosters getting Xbox gamerscore reset!

CowboySr

This is funny. So someone on my friends list that I don't know very well told me they got the banhammer from IW. I asked him if it was for token glitching and he said no, he was boosting. I don't know him very well but from what I got out of him, it sounded like he was tac inserting or something. When I looked at his Elite profile all his kills and wins were reset to 0,but not his deaths and losses. Eww that would hurt I thought, and laughed. He kept playing and about a week later they reset all his numbers, and I thought, well that would still hurt, but will prob scare him away from doing that kinda stuff again.

Today I happened to look at his xbox gamer card and noticed in orange writing"gamer score reset due to cheating".LOL. I was like, thats new! never seen that before. Although his score didn't appear to be reset. It calls him a cheater on his card, from xbox!  Then there was a click on this link to learn more so I did-see here!!!http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Cheating

So those of you boosters tac inserting that think the worst thing you're gonna get is a slap on the wrist from IW, know that about a month later you will find

1.) Your gamer score reset to zero

2.)Be unable to regain all previously earned achievments, and

3.)Be labeled as a "cheater" for the community to view

LOL

Xbox Live is stepping it up!

• Re: Boosters getting Xbox gamerscore reset!

LOVE IT!

W7PSK

Now if we could just add one more step.  IW

has MS add that to boosters/Glitchers.

One step closer but this won´t hurt any true Ogamer...

Since when does a O gamer counts his gamerscore? I don´t know anyone that does

The highlighting as a cheater is really nice but the question is: how long keeps it standing there? Forever? One month?

I would like to see that something like boosting, cheating or whater results a one month ban or more!

thebiindsniper

Honestly, I thought when people are caught boosting in Call of Duty, the punishment resides within Call of Duty.  Meaning their stats get reset, but their gamerscore isn't touched.

I thought the only way for gamerscores to be reset, is if you hacked or illegally modified the Xbox, to earn the achievements illegitimately.

My best guess, is that your friend did something outside of Call of Duty's bounds.  That's what I think.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

CowboySr

First let me reiterate that calling him a friend would be a real stretch. Lets just say an acquaintance thru xboxlive. Cause I really dislike boosters. Thing is the guy was cool and up front in telling me what happened. He came to me and told me. I've spoken to him maybe twice since adding him as a friend in Black ops. We play diff game modes.

That said I do believe its from boosting(Tac Insert), as he was the first one I had heard of getting the hammer. And if he was the first, there's prob gonna be a whole lot more coming down the line. I think all this talk from IW working with MS to make these people take responsibility for their actions may have not all been hot air.

Only time will tell.

xbevz

You are right, the xbox devs don't get involved with boosting in COD. They'll not even issue a ban for it. I think they may get involved with glitching, etc though.

CowboySr

How can you be so sure? At best we are both speculating.  If you click on the link above I put in, it looks like a new page/clause xbox has created just for this kind of thing. They don't ban the guy from playing, just reset his gamerscore and wont allow him to gain more points from previously played games .Sounds like something new they are incorporating. I just sent the guy a msg thru xbox to see what he says happened. He was up front last time with me.So we'll see what he responds.

xbevz

CowboySr wrote:

How can you be so sure? At best we are both speculating.  If you click on the link above I put in, it looks like a new page/clause xbox has created just for this kind of thing. They don't ban the guy from playing, just reset his gamerscore and wont allow him to gain more points from previously played games .Sounds like something new they are incorporating. I just sent the guy a msg thru xbox to see what he says happened. He was up front last time with me.So we'll see what he responds.

The way they see it, A tactical insertion is part of the in game mechanics, if the devs didn't "intend" it to be there, they would have made it not possible at all. The xbox live policy enforcement team have stated this many times.

CowboySr

Link or its speculation.

stonculd

Now if they would only tag rapists on the forehead in the same way......

xbevz
              • Xbox live COC
              • Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.
              • Don't modify or hack game content to create cheats.
              • Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents.
              • Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.

Where it says "unauthorized software or methods"

A tactical insertion is by design in the game as a game mechanic,

Boosting(allowing someone to intentionally kill you) is built into the game itself, so they don't regard it as cheating due to it not being an "unauthorized method".

To be honest it probably cuts down their work load and passes the buck to the developers.

Message was edited by: xbevz

Moral of the story?

Stupid peopel do stupid things.

I visit MS's ban forums all teh time.

Know what seem to be the most popular mod lately? Modding your XBL Tenure. For some reason these asses think that the longer you have been a member of XBL, the cooler you are. Thing is that XBL has only been around for 8 yrs or so and these fools are modding thier tenure past 10+ years.

Seriously, WTF is so importnat about XBL tenure that you want to mod it? Same with GS, who cares what your GS is? I guess its those same immature idiots who dashboard out of games because they think it wont count toward thier precious K/D.

I really dont get this obsession with modding consoles. Maybe Im an old man, but I remember when hacking/modding meant attacking websites and bringing down "the man". It didnt mean "Im s0 proz 1v3 b33n x8L m3mb3r 4 9 yearz MLG!!!!o!!!ne!!!" or aim-bots in pub rooms. Not to mention it meant writing your own code which took actual knowlage and not just cut and pasta of some1 else's work.

CowboySr

Thats funny. My tenure is at 8 1/2 yrs, I have one friend at 9 yrs. My tag was created on original Xbox. I believe 9 or 10 must be the max. I've had people accuse me of this at 8 yrs though. People dont realize that xboxlive was around before the xbox 360! There was this thing called the xbox. used to play Rainbow 6 Black series on it all day.