1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 564 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 11:54 AM by uberNoobs Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: This is Lag Compensation

@ Capp00 : Thanks for making the effort to create & share this video.

As you mentioned, the problem is often far worse than what footage like this shows, and it occurs:

• whether we're host or not

• whether we're in a party or solo

• no matter how optimized our gaming & network setups are

• no matter how fast our ping to host is

• no matter what time of day (or night) we play

• no matter what playlist we're in

• no matter how many times we switch lobbies

...etc.

(I've also had these same issues in every MW3 private match I've played in, whether I'm hosting or not, no matter how many or how few participants there are - even when everyone in the private lobby has Theater recording turned off.)

I hope noticeable improvements are made soon.

• 61. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    Jinx484

Great work.  Very well thought out and clear explaination of whats going on.  I've wanted to put up side by side footage for so long, but I just couldn't justify spending $150 for a PVR. 

This happens to me every game.  In 4 days of playing time, I have had the advantage 3 times.  It's hilarious how easy it is to kill people.

I wanted to add that I only play HC.  In core, you die instantly, or the other person gets off 5 shots before you can shoot 1.  Imagine if all it took was 1 bullet for you to die. 

Its easy to tell you're out of synch when your aim gets pulled out from a corner before the enemy comes around.  You are shooting at where he was 0.5-1 seconds ago.  So frustrating.

Hope this continues gets the attention it deserves.  Well done.

• 62. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

Best video ever made concerning the lag compensation issue. Great job! Should be in next years academy award nominations for best documentary. Hopefully you have turned the tides for the "disbelievers". It's amazing how some of the people responding to your post (and agreeing with you), only a month ago would have told you "you have no idea what your talking about" or "it's your connection" or "all games have lag compensation so that can't be what's causing the issue".  A lot of us have been aware of this problem from day 1 and have had to endure being called ignorant, stupid, cretin etc........on the forums just for bringing up the issue. So glad you made this video. Thank you!

• 63. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    smug

Excellent video. They should sticky this thread.

• 64. Re: This is Lag Compensation

If they wont sticky it, we'll all just have to keep bumpin it tough to keep it at the top.

• 65. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Bump,

Excellent video bro and represents a huge issue. I feel your pain daily.

• 66. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Great vid, I hope IW puts this in thier pipe and smokes it.

• 67. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

I will bump this post till my finger bleeds if necessary.

• 68. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    xmman

BUMMMMMPPPPP.... I have been having the same problem since TU7/8(Can't really remember)... At this point the game is pretty much unplayable for me...http://www.speedtest.net/result/1801105893.png

• 69. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    vims1990

xmman wrote:

BUMMMMMPPPPP.... I have been having the same problem since TU7/8(Can't really remember)... At this point the game is pretty much unplayable for me...http://www.speedtest.net/result/1801105893.png

Overpowered connection is overpowered

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next