33 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 2:43 PM by senger40 RSS

New maps already a Campfest

Thesandman

Having played both these maps all day, ive noticed that the camping is just as bad as ever. I expected camping in Liberation but ive been killed by campers a few times in piazza in the middle of the map hiding behind cars and low walls.

Good thing is that i already know the camping spots.

• Re: New maps already a Campfest

Welcome to the wonderful world of online gaming.

I've been playing online FPS now for 11 years and every single game over the years contained campers.

Yes they are annoying but I've found most on this game completely thick and they always go back to the same spot.

TheBeastlyDude

This is how it always is with new maps. Most are afraid to go out and learn the maps so they can see where the camp spots and good spots are. They find a place, think "Gee, everyone is going to run by me here" and just wait so they can get a high score on the new maps because it's the only way their friends will ever think they are cool.

Izjar11

Expected reaction from new maps. Its actually a good thing that spots are being used now, exposing these spots is the only way to avoid getting killed by a camper.

tallowby

Until the players get comfortable with the new maps this is a fact of life.

Look at it this way, all the spots they are "camping" in will be the same places that most of the hoard "camp" when the general map pack is released. Find the best way to maximize your kills now so you can decimate when the general map pack is released.

Consider it extra time to study that they don't have.

Snipingdbag

So basically they get new maps, so that they have more of a surprise element to kill someone laying / hiding in a new corner, waiting for someone to walk by, someone who is actually trying to play the game and exploring the new map...

Camping is pretty common at map release.  The campers know that most of your rushers and flankers are going to be busy trying to learn all the best routes and backways etc. to move around the map. They aren't going to check every corner and shady spot. So they finally get a chance to kill them and think they are somebody.

Look on the bright side though you are learning thier spots now so when the general public comes on you can basically own all of their no talent camping asses.

crossfire-roadster

Camping has been pretty common in every COD since MW2.  Not sure new maps have much to do with it.  People are going to move around the map a little slower due to learning them but the campers are gonna camp no matter what. 

I think maybe somebody should call the WAAAAAAmbulance. What you call camping, I call guile. Please, continue to run around though, it makes it so much easier for me to pick you off with my MK-14.

gzowner1

Guile? Really so no skills to sit in one spot and hope that somebody that is studing the map and picking them off. Lucky i walk around with snipers class witih out the sniper and shot them with my m16 with acoge and a tube to finish them off. Betty for your tac's..

r8edtripx

mushiro wrote:

I think maybe somebody should call the WAAAAAAmbulance. What you call camping, I call guile. Please, continue to run around though, it makes it so much easier for me to pick you off with my MK-14.

I guess "guile" doesn't mean what it used to.

Guile! hahahaha! Well I'm glad you're having so much fun guiling around a fire making S'mores. Crazy skills. LOL!

You guys act like it's going to stop once the maps aren't "new" anymore

Yeah cuz no one camps between their claymore and trophy system starting ADS on the stock maps, right?

Oh no I totally agree with you there.  It just always seems to be on an increase with new maps.  Or maybe it's just we have learned all their little spots on the stock maps so we just notice it more now. Either way it don't matter.

ghamorra

I explore the maps on my own in a private match so that I can learn map before going into a public match. Some people arent that smart so when start to play they get scared and hide in corners. Just have tubes, flashes, and grenades on the ready. It should be like Christmas all over again

Izjar11

Just played my first Piazza TDM and wow, the map it self is very complex and difficult. Allot of players are playing mostly defensive ( I was as well). I started with my AK47 and switched to my cm901 as soon as I realized how the fighting would continue. Good map though.

vims1990

It's normally like that when new DLC maps come out.

If I'm learning about the map, I use Survival Mode & Private Matches before I get into the public playlists

r8edtripx

Thesandman wrote:

Having played both these maps all day, ive noticed that the camping is just as bad as ever. I expected camping in Liberation but ive been killed by campers a few times in piazza in the middle of the map hiding behind cars and low walls.

Good thing is that i already know the camping spots.

Yeah, there are still lots of spots for campers in Piazza, but like you said, camping is expected in Liberation; It's pretty much built for camping and snipers.

I've been playing these maps on my Xbox, so I know that Liberation is a map I want to stay away from as much as possible. I feel "Liberation" sucks soooo bad, that I only downloaded "Piazza" to my PS3.

r8edtripx

I was feeling great about not downloading "Liberation" so I would NEVER have it show up as a choice of maps and then...Screwed!!

If I try to choose Elite Playlists so that I can play the map "Piazza" it requires me to download "DLC 2," which is "Liberation." LAME!!

I think I could get away with this if I waited until these maps became available to non-premium members, but I don't feel like waiting.

Oh well.

aaces101

There's a fine line mush, a fine line.

Its funny that people who find a good spot to hold down a section of the map are now called campers to try and make them feel like they shouldnt do it anymore,, when in reality, those getting killed should learn to adopt and flank or stop spamming all their grenades at the very start of the game and each time they spawn, so they can at least have one left to throw at the guy you say is camping, when he runs to avoid beiong blown up, FLASH or STUN, and close in and kill him.

They have invested as much money as you into the game (seeing as they're playing the new maps now, they must have bought elite), so no one has any right to tell anyone else how to play the game.

So are you gonna call me a camper since Im apparently defending them?

r8edtripx

It's funny how so many campers like to call what they do, "Holding down an area" or "Patrolling an area."

Anyone who bought the game does have the right to play like a little biatch all they want.

Everyone has the right to tell someone else how to play. Everyone has the right to not listen; it happens in the forums every day.

It gets old, but we all still seem to chime in when it comes to the subject of b!tch-a55 campers, no matter how many times we've all seen these back-and-forths in a million different threads.

I'm sure, one day, our grand kids will be barking at each other over the same things. Of course, I'll have to disown my future grand kids if I ever see them camp!!!

Thesandman

EMW it really depends on each persons definition of camping. For me it is lying down ADS waiting for an easy kill,whilst not contributing to the objective of the game. But i do think that when you have capped 2 flags in Dom that it is ok to patrol between the 2 ,taking out any enemy players trying to cap them.

people tend to camp more on the new maps until they learn them. After that camping/sniping tends to drop.

rwcgillam

I've noticed that on MW3, campers don't really need corners and the like anymore.  They just lay down wherever and wait for someone to walk by.  If they can find a dead body or cow to lay beside they are even more content.  

One of the new maps is more "leafy" and it's easier to hide on the ground. 

Gotta learn to flank and come up behind them.

dlundebjerg28

You act like this is shocking news, when this is pretty much expected.

When anything new comes out, either the game or maps, there are two types of people. Those who camp, and those who explore. Those who camp are beasts for maybe a week, but the guys who run around figure out the maps, traffic patterns and camping spots start to be beasts and the campers suck. This is pretty natural and nothing out of the ordinary for any CoD.

I explore all the time. mainly a womens bottom!

But yes, you are right!!!! just played liberation and found 3 campers in one spot!

the bit where the tunnle stars at there Russian end.

So i just keeped going back and mashing em up!

Triple kill in one hit

So how long will it take em to learn????

Now back to SHOUTTING at the TV

Colin

U.K.