22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 1:33 PM by CowboySr RSS

Scavenger

TehSpeagles

What causes an enemy to not drop an ammo pack when you're running scavenger?  Is it just a bug/glitch?

I ran out of ammo twice in one game tonight while running scavenger because nobody I killed was dropping ammo packs.  Most of the time it seems like I can't walk five feet without picking up more ammo, but not tonight.

• Re: Scavenger

Where you near Teammates?

I had similar situations I guess it´s the server connection.

packages disappear (like everyone knows) after a certain time that is set up by the servers.

If they have probs the time you have for picking up those packages is very small, sometimes impossible even if you are pretty close to the corps.

That´s what I saw maybe there are other reasons but this could be one

deucedouglas

I run into the same problem even without scavenger. It seems like whenever I don't need a gun the enemy always drops it. But all of a sudden when I kill the guy with the last bullet I have available to me nobody drops their weapon. I've noticed the same thing with scavenger too where whenever I don't need it they're everywhere but when I need it? No where to be found.

I think base scavenger should be like one extra mag and then pro is something like extra mags + resupply ammo and tacticals (or maybe just one extra tactical rather than resupply to avoid spam).

TehSpeagles

I also had the pleasure of being killed by a Pavelow while running Blind Eye last night.  I've seen other people complain about it, but that's the first time it happened to me.

Helltoy

i dont know, but it has happened to me sometimes.

its a shame that skavenger is not as good as it was before, refilling just ammo and no grenades or tacticals made its just useless as a main perk... you want more ammo? just use extended mags...

TehSpeagles

I routinely go on 15-20 kill streaks...  the extra ammo that comes with extended mags isn't always enough to get me through one life.

Yes, because spamming the living hell out of flashbangs and Semtex isn't bad enough.

I've been routinely flashed three times in a row from multiple people throwing all of their grenades into one room. Meaning two flashes/stuns and a semtex. Where would the challenge be if I could do that for every kill I needed? Just spam semtex, tube, refill, repeat.

They still refill Throwing Knives, which is good. Black Ops was nearly as bad as a nadefest as CoD4 was because of that, and I for one am glad they removed that part. There IS a reason they nerfed explosives, you know. Like, maybe excessive spam to the point where people quit in MW2 AND BO?

BTW: Try and use a M4A1-Suppressor without Scavenger and see how many kills/killstreaks you get. Go ahead, try it.

Helltoy

i understand that some people may need a lot of more ammo for whatever reason. Me... not that much as i usually go with USAS12 (plenity of ammo and i can control each shot) MK14 and TYPE95 (again same as the USAS) sniper rifles and the MP7 with extended mags.

My point is the same, skavenger is not as good as it was, just that.

I and a lot of poeple can do without the extra grenades. What i said is that for me the perk is not as good anymore, and not enough to sacrifice a 1st slot for just extra ammo. It was a good tool to flush out more than one corner camper (im NOT assuming you are one even if you say you are routinely flashed and stunned and naded inside of a room)

scolia5044

Stop hiding in a room then maybe it wouldn't happen

@Helltoy as well:

Yeah, not hide in a room where at least 2/3 of the team are camping in the centre of the map and if I go outside I'm gonna be gunned down by two T95s and ACRs. No thanks.

BTW if you still think I'm a room camper check my Vault somehow (or my YT... it's "Senarak") and see my MOABs. Both with average guns and not a single moment where I'm sitting in the same place for more than 30 seconds. 1.45 k/d run n gun with an M4A1 doesn't come easy you know.

relmayer

Been trying to figure that out for a while, why half the time the guy i just killed drops his pack go to pick it up and it disappears right away or doesn't drop at all. Something i've really wanted to know as well. other times there will be loads of left over packs from guys I never killed just laying in a nice big pile. Occasionally there will be a pack on the ground and I have to walk over it multiple times to pick it up. also curious on the wandering throwing knife you walk over it see the icon move back to the exact spot you saw the icon and it's moved like every time you walk over it you kick it with your feet lol. seems to constantly get shuffled unless it's stuck in the wall.

CowboySr

The missing fannie pack usually seems to be user error on my part. Back when I used to have a couple blind eye classes, Id occasionally switch to that class to take out a heli or whatever, and then forget I didnt have scav anymore.

I have noticed the missing gun one, more so in the past. Now that scav is all i run, i never see missing packs.

Guessing user error.

your opponents should drop prestige tokens so you can get 5+ days of double XP....oh wait, you just have your "little brother" do the token glitch for ya.

zvers

I don't get your gripe with My_Avenger's comment. You know there was a time in COD when you picked up ammo off downed enemies who used the same gun. Troll away Kiddie...

TehSpeagles

I think you still do if it's the exact same weapon setup (ie. same attachments).  There was in fact a time, though, where you would pick up ammo from every dead person....  a sniper rifle on the ground could refill your SMG ammo, a LMG could refill your shotgun ammo, etc.

thebiindsniper

I didn't like Scavenger in MW3.  Black Ops had it better by replenishing grenades.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

Two words: grenade spam. Check my post.

I dunno about you, but I don't like getting spawn killed or getting repeatedly killed by a bunch of noskill losers spamming nades because Scavenger's decided to cut them a break and give them infinite grenades. It's fine the way it is.