1 578 579 580 581 582 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,790. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

Judging from the poll GHANDI posted on the PS3 forum, it seems to do the complete opposite of what the patch is intended to do.

If it was only to affect those with 1 bar/2 bar connections (negatively), how can it make the negatively impact those with 3 bar/4 bar connections?

• 5,791. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Zacharybinx34

Ghandi, read my PM please.

You really need to look into implementing my suggestion asap for the lag issue.

• 5,792. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    pulling69

vims1990 wrote:

Judging from the poll GHANDI posted on the PS3 forum, it seems to do the complete of what the patch is intended to do.

If it was only to affect those with 1 bar/2 bar connections (negatively), how can it make the negatively impact those with 3 bar/4 bar connections?

Well, as dumb as it sounds there have been multiple patches and hot fixes that have done the opposite of what they intended...Remember the rate of fire fix for Akimbos and how it actually increased the rate of fire. I would not be surprised if while trying to decrease the lag comp for the 1/2 bar players it actually inceased it for them and further hurting people like myself with really good connections.

Next they will "fix it" like the akimbos ROF and return things to how they were....then a month or two down the road when the next big patch comes out they will finally (hopefully) get the original intended fix in place. Honestly every time a patch drops I can hear the Benny Hill music going off in my brain because I just know things did not go as planned. It is very sad yet laughable how things tend to break rather than get fixed in this game, and this is with the Devs supposedly using user supplied videos to help them.

PS Still waiting on those video notes......

• 5,793. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

You bring up a good point here especially with the mess up from doubling the fire-rate of the Akimbo FMG 9's.

Do the devs really test these changes before submitting these title updates to Microsoft/Sony?

I'm no software engineer but I am currently studying Java & C++ at University for my degree.

But when changing a weapon's stats, isn't it just to do with changing a variable in the code?

The same goes for the lag compensation coding, variables & testing it in a in-house enviroment.

• 5,794. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Zacharybinx34

If the devs really wanted to fix this they would

a. revert he netcode back to MW2's.

b. improve matchmaking by grouping those together with better ping/connections

c. Improve/increase the updates per second between client/server. (DOUBLE IT)

Ghandi, your reason you pm'd me about this not being possible due to FPS drop on consoles is completely false. Look into it. People have done it on hacked consoles (not advocating this btw), but it is possible without a graphics drop. It does barely anything for CPU load.

Look for yourself. And the improvements are drastic!

• 5,795. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    BladesOut

Hmmm... Anyone else ever get hit markers with a damn throwing knife? I got 3 in one match before i dashboarded...

On every one of the three, the killcam NEVER SHOWS ME THROW IT. I then decide to look to see what the connections are like on the two guys that I "hit but missed" (hit one of them on two different occasions). Low and behold, their connection is bouncing from 2 to 4 bars while mine is a steady 4 bar connection.

Seriously IW?... Seriously?... Why should my solid connection in a low ping lobby be worse off than some a**hole with bad ping / an unstable connection? Has Obamanomics really extended to the gaming community now? Hand-outs for anyone not able or willing to pay up and get a decent connection?

I really just wish that Ghandi / some dev would just come out and say "Well, we totally effed this one up, and it will never be truly fixed."

At least that way I could quit hoping and move on...

BF3 or some Reach is starting to look much better right now.

• 5,796. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    thebiindsniper

Finally, flash bangs work with the Recon Perk.  What's next, is fixing the Ballistic Vest bug, where you cannot take the vests, if they are partially fused into a wall.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

• 5,797. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Lol.

Bowling just tweeted that he believes death streaks need to be changed, but apparently the only way to get them nerfed/altered in any way at this point is to get people to stop using the lethal ones first.

He also stated that death streaks encounters are rare? LOL... Does he even play MW3?

http://i41.tinypic.com/1fvjv8.jpg

Sorry, but that's just laughable.

• 5,798. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

hehedin wrote:

Lol.

Bowling just tweeted that he believes death streaks need to be changed, but apparently the only way to get them nerfed/altered in any way at this point is to get people to stop using the lethal ones first.

He also stated that death streaks encounters are rare? LOL... Does he even play MW3?

Stop using the lethal deathstreaks?...ha, that's a good one.

There are alternatives to balancing deathstreaks for both the experienced & new players. It just depends on if the developers will consider ideas to please both sides of the party.

Reduce the DMH's blast radius, give the player the full kill for placing the player in final stand or even the posibility of allowing the player who dies to a deathstreak to not reset his/her pointstreak,

• 5,799. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

hehedin wrote:

Lol.

Yeah, I was reading those tweets & shaking my head too...

...By that logic, the akimbo FMG9 wouldn't need proactive re-balancing either - instead, people would just need to stop using them first before the developers would re-balance them.