1 581 582 583 584 585 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,820. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Theatre Mode was added and Call of Duty games have not run smooth since.

• 5,821. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    kastro187420

To be fair though, that's not theater modes fault, but rather the developers handling of the net-code. The developers have said as much. They've manipulated the code too much to reduce the "host advantage", and through all these tweaks, they've simply screwed it all up.

Our only hope at this point, is to see if Treyarch can undo this mess. If not, this series is going to go down in a miserable way.

• 5,822. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

kastro187420 wrote:

Our only hope at this point, is to see if Treyarch can undo this mess. If not, this series is going to go down in a miserable way.

you seem to forgot that 3ARC introduced all this BS which IW copy&pasted in their game without understanding what it does and how to tune it. So Ghandi's comments about seeing the beta and think we might like it is just how it always goes. Leave the game in a miserable state so that people will put their hopes into the next title which will be BS again and so on and so on. I know that 3ARC put some nice features in BLOPS and will continue to do so in BLOPS2 but they won't go so far to put new or poorly equipped players into disadvantage in order to keep the hardcore players.

• 5,823. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    kastro187420

The only problem I had with Black Ops really was that it too had the anti-lag turned up, but not nearly as bad as mw3. With MW3, it's more than just lag. Just this week, I've experienced these problems and more:

• Severe Frame Rate drops, down to 1-2 fps
    • Really Loud buzzing noise
    • Bad Lag
    • Host Migration Issues (sometimes taking nearly 5 MINUTES to complete)
    • Theater Mode Stuttering (camera likes to shake around)

Now, while Black Ops had some frame rate problems, they were mostly cleared up after the first month or two, with the except of dropping Napalm Strikes on Summit, which occasionally cause some frame drops. other than that, and some anti-lag issues, it was mostly a good experience.

• 5,824. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

the concept was awesome, no doubt. still it gave me enough WTF moments to drop it after 3 months (3 months begging in the forums to get this issue dealt with) and return to MW2 and COD4. I still enjoy those games every now and then but you can't play them forever so I consider COD a thing of the past from now on because even if it wasn't for the technical flaws this is the lamest COD they rushed out ever.

• 5,825. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    asasa

Yes those noises need to be fixed. I've had it happen at least 3 times and they are deafeningly loud. Painful. It is the game.

• 5,826. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

LMG rebalance will arrive with next TU, as will fixed Dead Silence/SR Pro functionality.

Other updates being worked on include (no ETA)

Stalker/SRP functionality.

Pistols in Akimbo that have uneven magazine counts.

Slow motion functionality in Theater.

Matchmaking for parties.

Further networking improvements.

and more...

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 5,827. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

let me guess, it's going to be another month before you actually tell us what changes you made to the lmgs right?

• 5,828. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

LMG rebalance will arrive with next TU, as will fixed Dead Silence/SR Pro functionality.

Other updates being worked on include (no ETA)

Stalker/SRP functionality.

Pistols in Akimbo that have uneven magazine counts.

Slow motion functionality in Theater.

Matchmaking for parties.

Further networking improvements.

and more...

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

GHANDI!!! Long time no see!!! Great to have you back with an impressive list of fixes that we might expect in the undefined future. May I ask some questions regarding those fixes?

When will the next TU arrive and does it also your efforts to remove the incidents shown in our captured gameplay? I'm just asking because PS3 users feedback sounds like this didn't work out that well.

Isn't weapon balancing somthing that could be done with hotfixes. I mean changing values for accuracy, damage or adding/removing a single magazine to even out the odds can't be that complicated.

I'm glad theater mode is now capable of slow motion. Wait! It was capable of slow motion until TU9 (XBOX). Was this removed intentionally or is this just another case of sloppiness?

Matchmaking for parties sounds like a promising new feature. Could you give us some details about this one. Will this help parties to get into better matches or will they still connect us with high ping lobbies but just a lot of faster now? Maccabi made some suggestions and if these reflect how matchmaking was done in MW2, go for it.

Further networking improvement gives me the chills. Your efforts so far did in no way address the problems described by the majority of forumites but rather introduced new problems like client latency (delay between "I pressed LS" and "I start running"), framedrops and a genereal degradation of network quality. I'm sure lot's of customers "fixes" make this quite challenging since you can't just ban away 20-50% of the players without creating new problems.

The only way I see this thing working is some serious dialogue. Let's give those incidents some names (devs comments BTW). I know it's not lag-comp that's responsible for all the issues, so clarify things in a way that people can understand and that doesn't violate your NDA. If several incidents have different reasons, treat them one by one. Maybe select some trustworthy forumites for a closed discussion and test group. Also you have to do some PR for hosting. I guess this is a big problem now as lot's of possible good hosts close their ports and leave us at the mercy of not so good hosts. Give them some incentives to be avaiable while you are testing. Double XP or fancy titles might help. Sounds like a lot of extra work besides all your new map drops and new gamemodes that surely will introduce new problems and neccessary hours. Sound like a beta would have been smarter and maybe next time there will be one but maybe there will be no next time if the biggest COD ever is failing to get in shape.Will people still buy Black Ops2 and hope they get it right this time? And what if they also fail like they did with BLOPS? Will people forget MW3? I don't think so.

• 5,829. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

hehedin wrote:

Bowling just tweeted that he believes death streaks need to be changed, but apparently the only way to get them nerfed/altered in any way at this point is to get people to stop using the lethal ones first.

Wait...  If people stopped using lethal deathstreaks, wouldn't that be taken as evidence that lethal deathstreaks are underpowered?  After all, if most people stop using something, it isn't going to be because they don't like the concept of it, it is going to be because they think the alternatives give them a greater advantage.

If no one uses a weapon, you don't go "Oh my, that weapon must be horribly overpowered. We must make it weaker so that people will think it is fair, and will then use it."

Unfortunately, the MW3 devs seem to follow "Oh my, that is broken.  But as long as more people like it broken than loathe it, we can't afford to fix it."