1 582 583 584 585 586 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,830. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II, I just noticed that the main post for this thread still has the wrong information about the shotgun patch in TU8 (striker nerf and buff to everything else, when the final report on the shotgun patch was that the striker, 1887 and AA-12 were not touched.)

Also, the "Hot Fix" section seems to be continually increasing.  Wasn't it said at one time that hotfixes would eventually be rolled into Title Updates?  If they have, then shouldn't be be moved to the appropriate TU?  If not, then why not?  Particularly as you've mentioned before that you only have so much room for hotfixes, as well as just simply keeping things neat (which in turn might help reduce future errors.)

• 5,831. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II the matchmaking playing solo is broken too. Last night i ended up playing with some people from EEUU. I live in Spain, Europe, so my guess is matchmaking isn´t working adequately...

I hope it helps.

• 5,832. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I was making a backhanded joke.  I'm assuming the reason he hasn't posted the note is because either; they can't fix, won't fix, or if he were to post the notes he might be revealing proprietary information that he doesn't want and/or can't let the public see.  Which means in the first place he should have never said he was going to share the notes with us.  Its pretty much looking like MW3 gets traded in for ME3 on Tuesday.  And trust me, I'm never coming back to this franchise if that happens.

• 5,833. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    primey0

Fix things that doesn't need fixing (LMGs), Ignore things (Spawns, lag comp) which needs fixing.

• 5,834. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iamesneky

I would guess it is more like: have someone fix the things that are easy to fix (ie. LMGs, can be done by one person), while at the same time have people working on the more complicated problems like spawns and connectivity.

These problems aren't like peoples friggin homework, they are extremely complex with many vairiables and a solution is not easily found.  The people coding the game are not stupid, if it was as easy as half the people in here make it out to be the problem would have been solved 3 months ago. 

GHANDI doesn't have to respond and it would seem that he has gotten tired of the useless complaining and implications that they don't know what they are doing.  Heres hoping he's using his time to help improve the game.

• 5,835. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Lol really? LMGs aren't ok. Please. And btw, the Devs are composed of multiple groups, so Spawn and Lag comp aren't handled by, for example, the Weapon rebalancing team.

@GHANDI

So, Ghandi, after reading through the weapon rebalancing thread (if you did), do you guys really don't plan to buff shotguns? Like, the ones that weren't buffed? Both Mr. Bowling and the patch notes say they all were rebalanced. Maybe it's time to actually tweek the rest? Thanks.

• 5,836. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

iamesneky wrote:

The people coding the game are not stupid, if it was as easy as half the people in here make it out to be the problem would have been solved 3 months ago. 

nerfing fmgs turns out to be a buff. ooops

adding slomo to theater after removing it. ooops

nerfing local matchmaking into global lobbies. ooops

I might continue proving IW/BHs sloppiness. But in order to add something constructive I would advise GHANDI to get some actual devs into this discussion because I'm afraid a lot of chinese whispers going on.

• 5,837. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

LMG rebalance will arrive with next TU, as will fixed Dead Silence/SR Pro functionality.

Other updates being worked on include (no ETA)

Stalker/SRP functionality.

Pistols in Akimbo that have uneven magazine counts.

Slow motion functionality in Theater.

Matchmaking for parties.

Further networking improvements.

and more...

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

@ G IH A IN ID II :

Are you guys trying to actually make progress? Or just show progress?

I seem to recall you committing to provide us with more information regarding more pressing issues - like the lag-related videos you asked for & customers delivered.

You can give a car a new paint job, replace the upholstery, slap on a fresh new set of tires, & hang a pine tree air freshener from the rear view mirror, but if the engine won't run, the car is useless for anything other than looking pretty in the showroom.

• 5,838. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    theswiz6

I think all that can be said has been.  Silently walk away.

• 5,839. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Hi @G IH A IN ID II. This is regarding the netcode for 3-4 bars vs. 1-2 bars based on the 1.10 Title Update for the PS3.

Yesterday, I was doing a Free-For-All on my new "for fun" account and ended up with 3 bars. And the Lag Compensation was perfect (as seen in the video) I was getting kills even though it looks like I am shooting no one in the theatre mode (hosts' view).

Mid way, there was a Host Migration and poof! There were a lot of 4 bar players and I ended up getting 1 bar and there's another player with 2 bars from what I remember. The experience after that was horrible. As seen in the video, I only noticed the enemy a few seconds later by my reaction followed by where I was shooting and how far the enemy has ran from my line of fire.

I hope this video could be of use to you to help you see the kind of timing needed for the 1-2 bar players. I still have the original full game in my vault if you ever need it. More explanation can be seen on the hardcoded captions in the video to explain the situation.

Regards,
    - someone who lives in a very low populated region for MW3 with a Premium Connection of 100Mbps Down and 40Mbps Up and 8ms ping locally.
    http://speedtest.net/result/1235265512.png