24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2012 7:17 AM by blb128 RSS

dont´t want to be host what can I do?

If you are Host the game is the biggest piece of sh. I have ever seen.

I have a very good connection and have an asus n56u Router.

I pay much money for a very fast Internet every month - only to get Host on this game ALL the time and get an dissadvatage !

What can I do that I will never be Host again with that Router?

• Re: dont´t want to be host what can I do?
    smokesdope

Try puting on your PC and going on the net or any other device that uses your router.

Anything you do to nerf it is technically cheating according to the terms of service or whatever.

Whenever you get host just leave if you're so certain it's you...there are ways to nerf your connection such that you don't get host but saying so on these boards is frowned upon because it is cheating.

r8edtripx

There's a lot of good info in the following thread that should help you:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205331707#205331707

vims1990

- Access your router settings on your PC

- Remove any ports forwarded to your XBOX 360

- Disable UPNP (Universal Plug & Play) - if this is available

- Your NAT Type should show up as "Moderate" or "Strict"

Dont do this. It will make it next to impossible to get a match, as well as this is just going to make any match you get into play worse.

vims1990

deadestllama wrote:

Dont do this. It will make it next to impossible to get a match, as well as this is just going to make any match you get into play worse.

When I use to avoid host, I never have a problem with finding a match even with matches less than 50 ping.

What annoyed me was that it ended up a number of host dashboarding or multiple host migrations which ended up "no capable host found"

So I've stuck with being host despite how much b.s. there is in being host.

ghorman

I just limit my upload to avoid host; that way your NAT is still open.  Sorry IW you just lost a host with a 27 ping, 0 packet loss with 1 jitter to anywhere across North America; along with 50Mb down and 5 Mb up.  Let someone else host this game until they get it fix.

gallp13

Get your iPhone 4

Turn on hot spot

Connect to Xbox

Win due to excessive over comp

Next/

mdub

Mat2202 wrote:

If you are Host the game is the biggest piece of sh. I have ever seen.

I have a very good connection and have an asus n56u Router.

I pay much money for a very fast Internet every month - only to get Host on this game ALL the time and get an dissadvatage !

What can I do that I will never be Host again with that Router?

Router QOS=Limit the upload bandwidth to your XBOX to .75= problem solved.

ghorman

Its not cheating if you download, stream or upload while you are playing.  Yes, the current model by IW rewards for a piss poor connection but they can't tell you how to use your internet.  IMO they (IW) needs to change their model so players would look for ways to increase their network performance instead of degrading it.

fantasmo

Make your NAT moderate through router settings. I had to resort to this, I couldn't take the host **** anymore. Occassionaly though this POS game sometimes picks me as host on a moderate and only the few with Open NATs can stay in the lobby.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Lag_compe nsation

Ok for the record there is no lag overcompensation. Now you took pride in getting the top of the line internet for speed but some people don't invest that much so yes you will get host and yes there will be lag. If everyone made there NAT moderate to strict then matchmaking will become even worse please stop spreading this as a solution. The more people that are strict and moderate means that the less people they can connect with and now matchmaking puts them in the best availible lobby that they can connect to and now this screws the lobby over. This is the reason matchmaking doesnt work worth a damn is because people are purposely making the internet look like crap just to "gain a advantage".

Ok you did everything to have great internet so why do you want to pay all that money just to kill your connection? Now your best option is to call your isp and possibly downgrade a tier or 2 until everyone else in the area catches up. This will save you money and fustrastion while not being against the ToS.

ghorman

I don't think anyone here is paying for their internet connection so other can benefit from it.  If it takes half the community to limit their connection to get IW to wake up so be it.  Players should be rewarded for hosting their game.  Without hosts the game is dead and right now NO one wants to be host.

stonculd

You can do whatever you want to your home connection to "manage bandwidth" to devices and it is not against the TOS it is called managing your home network. People that tell you different probably have bandwidth issues and would normally lag because of inferior internet access, and are worried that the rest of the community with good connectivity are going to figure out how to get back in this game. So they tell you it's cheating. How is leveling the playing field cheating? Avoiding host shouldn't be cheating either because if the game worked the way it was supposed too it wouldn't matter if you were host or not.

Being host does not automatically screw you over but it does not mean you are going to get a clear cut advantage either. I have been host and have had no lag at all in some cases and some cases it was horrible lag but it depended on the lobby. Closer the ping range to host equals less lag play and simple. Apperantly if you see a huge differance in lag usually it is because the range in pings is too much. Now if player A does everything to ensure he has a great connection and ping but everyone else either has bad connection or gimps there connection then yes the host will have a problem but it has nothing to do with what IW/Activision/SH or whoever else. It takes one person to spread a lie and takes a major disaster for people to realize the truth. More unopen NATS and people hosting by default even thou they are not the perfect host but the only one that hid from being host is going to be the start of required internet connection and open NATS just to play online games.

blb128

Finally someone with more than half a brain around here. I pull host alot. I am party leader alot which I believe helps me pull host alot. Sometimes its bad and sometimes its good. Blame bad matchmaking if there is bad lag comp. One thing that is always good when Im host is that I dont have to worry about the losers on the other team dashboarding. Nothing worse than getting a loss you didn't earn. I care about my win/loss so I like to be host. 1822-107 94% win percentage.

stonculd

If you set your NAT type to strict or moderate all this will accomplish is getting you disconnects all the time. Set your QOS lower for your xbox there should be tutorials on youtube for your router type, and the values will differ from one type of router too another.

If there's a host migration you can still be chosen as next host even with a capped upload. Once this happens the game will run problematically with you as host and it will eventually boot you. This has been happening since TU9. I dont bother with capping upload anymore tbh I found it didn't make much difference. But this probably has more to do with other factors such as my location etc. Others may genuinely benefit more.