28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 10:23 PM by iamhollywood5 RSS

Making people angry because I....Triple Cap??

thebiindsniper

Everytime I triple cap and secure all positions in Domination, my teammates start complaining very badly.  Why is that?  I'm pursuing the objectives aren't I?  We're winning the games right?  So what's the problem?

I'm so confused.

Pay attention to this  ^^^^^^

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

• Re: Making people angry because I....Triple Cap??
    jwaller123

The problem is this. They want to double cap then then kill farm. I myself like to triple cap as well. It does turn the spawning into a bit of a mess at times, but oh well. I have a "Gotta cap" addiction. Lol. I like to get as many kills as I can just like everyone else, but I would rather do it while holding 3 flags and ending the game 200-as low as I can keep them.

scumbaggah

I'm all for triple capping against randoms and scrubs, But if i'm playing maybe a clan that is organised and plays the objectives or even a bunch of randoms doing well and the game is tight then I would prefer holding 2 flags. Sometimes triple capping can completely flip spawns and actually turn the game against you. Especially with the one sided spawns on some maps, When I play Mission I demand that we hold B and C, Not for killwhoring purposes just because it's pretty much impossible to win when you're stuck at A.

Some guys are just selfish and will cap flags regardless of whether they're actually helping the team or not.

n3ckchoke

if you play with randoms do what you want because they sure as hell do what they want, but if you play in a full party of players that know how to actually play dom and you spawn flip, chances are your going to hear "whos in the fing spawns".

n3ckchoke

Dom in this game is designed to give the lesser skilled players a chance to come back with the super sensitive spawn flipping. In past cods in dom you could have 2-3 people in their spawns and just completely ****, in this game if one person crosses that invisible line then the enemy team flips behind you capping your flags and killing you.

Sensitive spawns coupled with map design makes for closer games vs lesser skilled players if your just rushing their spawns like 99% of cod players do. For instance mission, the power flags would be c-b, dome a-b, interchange b-c, arkaden a-b, resistance a-b, village b-c, hardhat a-b. those are just example of the power sides on those maps and if you flip them its harder to recapture those flags giving the other team a chance to come back.

In past cods you could hold b and either a or c and win, in this game there are power sides on every map, you flip you give up the power position (map control).

kastro187420

I feel like we've been through this once before....

Anyway, Triple Capping is fine IF you need to come back from a deficit of points when a double cap won't catch you up for a win. However, if you can double-cap and still win, you should be going for that.

Triple Capping leads to random spawns, and many times, it's not uncommon for the spawns to flip in favor of the enemy. Village is a great example. If you're holding the enemy at their A Flag spawn, and then decide to triple cap, it's possible to push them to C Flag, your team to A Flag.. and then it can get really bad if they're smart enough not to triple cap you in return.

So... it's best to avoid doing so unless you really need the extra points on your score.

i'm a capper, he's a capper, she's a capper, we're a capper, wouldn't you like to be a capper too?

i thought spawning was determined by your relation to enemy position not whether or not a flag is in your team's possession, but i'll defer to the experts

kastro187420

In Domination, your primary spawn location is determined by your flag possession. However, this can change if the enemy pushes into the spawn or caps the last flag. If either of those happens, the spawns can and will flip, spawning the enemy at your flag, and giving them a chance to turn the tide.

So if I have flags A and B, and the enemy has C flag, in most cases they will spawn at C Flag. However, if we push into their flag zone, or cap the C Flag, they will then begin spawning near the A flag.

This is why it's bad to triple cap unless necessary. A triple cap when it isn't needed, simply puts the match at risk for your team because you can end up spawn trapped very easily.

vims1990

Depends who you're up against and also the map.

Mission is possibly the worst map to triple cap on. It's smarter holding both C & B as allowing the team to capture C when you're capping A can turn the game around. It's happened to me on a couple of situations against good teams.

With the rest of the other maps, I'm always keen to triple cap but I'm cautious capturing the third flag. I can't trust IW's spawn system.

Controlling the enemy spawn is a good strategy.  When you triple cap you get shot in the back.

When i was playing on the new maps, we trip. capped all the time. As for getting shot in the back.. that just depends if your able to manage all possible directions of possible firefights.

i find it more of a challenge that way. Control everything, and see where they'll come from next instead of it being predictable.

I usually find it (based on black ops) they would control A & B or B & C and heavily defend their main Objective where they first respawned at. B is controlled so they have a way to get easy kills... "I'm guessing its because they want to get easy experience by getting easy kills the only way they know how to.."

If that's the situation, I love pushing through and turning the tide and messing with the order of things.

Some people have a spawn preferance.  Some spawn are better than others.  If C is the better spawn, and we have B and C, why go and mess with than.  Triple caps are more a team tactic any way.  It has a tendency to back fire with randoms. 

triple capping on some maps is just asking for trouble because of how bad the spawns are on one side of the map.  Specifically on mission on village, you just want C and B and for them to keep A.  You taking A just increases the chances of them spawning at C, and they might not have someone on their team that is like "lol lets triple cap, it'll be funny" and then your team ends up stuck at the sucky A spawn

anoreo

WHy would you want 3 objectives? You spread yourself too thin. That means you need 2 people on each flag, whereas if you have 2 flags you can have 3 people on each flag. 2 flags means you can concentrate your attention on the last flag's direction, and not get shot from behind,

That5What5Up

Most times when my team triple caps, they wind up losing all three flags shortly afterwards.

opb81

My take on triple capping is this

1: If the other team really really sucks then fine triple cap.

2: If you need to come from behind to win triple cap ok

3: If the maps are easy to control all 3 points ala Seatown triple cap is ok

4: Unless aboslutley needed never ever triple cap Hardat or Village both those maps become a mess if you start spawn flipping and can turn an easy win into a loss very very quick. .

i hate triple capping flags in dom just because it throws the enermy spawns all over the map usually right behind me

thebiindsniper

Again, notice the confused troll face.  I ask, yet knowing full well what happens if I do Triple Cap.  I just do it anyway .

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

vileself

When Im playing objective games I go for the objective 100% of the time. I dont care about my KDR and I dont care about building killstreaks or kill farming. I run flags, capture flags, plant bombs and defuse bombs. In Domination I want all three flags because its the best way to increase your score margin against the other team.

I believe that anyone who sits and defends flags are cowards. Its basically the easiest way to win a match and in my opinion if you're taking the easiest route to victory then you're a coward. Show some balls and show some worth and capture all the flags. Let the spawns flip and show that your map awareness is greater than others.

Only once you have obtained ALL flags is it okay to defend them, if the enemy team is still gaining points off of a flag, you need to put a stop to that.

Spawns in domination are broken in this game anyway so it doesn't matter if you triple or double cap - they still spawn on your flags and in your spawn. For other games I get annoyed when people triple cap - sure the points move faster but the spawns get messed up and you have people spawning behind you and everywhere on the map - its easier to protect to flags when they have their spawn point then protecting 3 flags and them spawning everywhere.

creaper21

It causes enemies to spawn everywhere. Not only allowing them to simply take one of the other flags, but also killing us from behind. Usually making the triple cap pointless anyways. If you think you will win the game faster, then go for it. But I prefer keeping two flags just so I know where the enemy will always be coming from. Plus it makes the game last just a bit longer so I can get more XP in the end.

mojocu

I'd rather win 200-100 75% of my domination games.

Hold 2, let them have 1 = 200 to 100 = Win.

Triple capping is only possible on a few maps without it making your WL suffer.  The easiest map to hold a triple cap the entire game is Village.  I've won 200-9 before on that map. 

iamhollywood5

I've always had mixed feelings about triple capping.  Most people want the enemy to have one (and only one) flag simply so that they can spawn trap.  This is wrong, as I see it as just taking advantage of an inherant flaw in the Domination game type.  There's not much that can be done to fix it, otherwise it wouldn't be Domination anymore.  It just comes with the game type.  Still, if you are gamer that cares about gaming ethics, your goal shouldn't be spawn trapping as a result of taking advantage of a flaw.

However, if my team has 2 flags and a decent sized lead, and I'm near the 1 enemy flag, I will run past it, and let them keep it.  Main reason?  less rage quits, and by extension less chance of a host migration, or even a host migration failure.  I've been on teams where the score is 160-20 and there absolutely no incentive to stay in the game, unless you literally only care about kills.  I do care about winning, but I like to leave the enemy chance with a fighting chance, a hope that keeps them from rage quitting.  When you only need 2 flags to win, and you have a big lead, do you really need the third?

I guess both are ethical points.  Do you try to spawn trap?  Or do you just try to beat them so hard that they don't want to play?  Idk, it's a grey area.  But if the score is close, i'm all for triple capping.