1 2 3 Previous Next 78 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 9:19 AM by jjrocket RSS

Why punish players with good internet...

I think this lag comp crap needs to go, I cant help it if people are to cheap not to up grade from dail up. So throw the lag comp out the door and if some people cant afford 30-50 bucks a month for Internet, maybe they should get a real job or just deal with the lag from them crappy Internet.

• 1. Re: Why punish players with good internet...

This game doesn't just penalize people with high speed connections. It penalizes middle of the road connections and even some slow connections as well, believe it or not. There are also some people with fast connections that are pretty much unaffected by lag comp. It's kind of random.

• 2. Re: Why punish players with good internet...

I can assure you this will be the last COD game I ever buy.  How fun is it to play against people using either a ump, acr, or dual fmgs that kill you before you even see them.  Then you get revenge spawned right beside them, shoot the guy, then have him turn adound and kill you because he gets an extra second due to the lag compensator. 

Its so nice that they are helping out all the people with slow connections and boosting them.

Its also amazing that they turned a fun tatical game into one where the only way to play is to hide in a corner and squeek out a couple of kills, or run around in a circle spraying at everything.  Of course the latter only works if you have a slow internet connection.  Thanks so much for the fun game IW.  I hope the boosters and laggers support you well in the future.

• 3. Re: Why punish players with good internet...
    Rednecksniper39

Lag comp has been in every Call of Duty. They just turned it up in Black Ops and even more in MW3 to try to even the playing field. It you remove it it will be about 10 times worse. All they need to do is tone it back down to like it was in MW2.

• 4. Re: Why punish players with good internet...
    deucedouglas

I'd even settle for the way Black Ops played. I never lagged in Black Ops like I lag in MW3. I go back and play MW2 and Black Ops and they run soooo smooth compared to MW3. It's annoying because of how awesome MW3 would be if it was able to consistenly run that smooth.

• 5. Re: Why punish players with good internet...
    Rednecksniper39

MW2 and this game play the best for me. Not saying I'm on the good side of lag comp i just am one of the lucky ones with good Internet that doesn't get effected except at certain times. In Black Ops the Lag hit detection is the reason why I sold the game.

• 6. Re: Why punish players with good internet...

I am not arguing that lag compensation should be removed totally, but the game is unplayable as it stands now. 

• 7. Re: Why punish players with good internet...
    deucedouglas

The only time I would ever run into problems (besides lag switchers) on MW2 or Black Ops was when I would somehow manage to get into foreign lobbies. They both played great the vast majority of the time.

But MW3 is complete mixed bag for me. There will be times where everything runs fine and the game is fun. And then there are the times where it almost does become unplayable. And never knowing or having a clue on how it's going to play out is probably the most annoying factor in it all.

• 8. Re: Why punish players with good internet...
    Rednecksniper39

I will agree completely with that second part.

• 9. Re: Why punish players with good internet...

Yeah I dont htink its just good connections that are being over comped , I think the occurence is random.

It sure would be nice to find out why some of us are behind a second or two and why others never experience the lag overcomp at all.

1 2 3 Previous Next