1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 7:05 AM by CowboySr RSS

Blaming the right people?

yovlud

I believe the death of the Call of Duty franchise will not be the developers or publisher...it's the community who has too much input on what goes in to the game.  And when it gets implimented, and they realize how bad of an idea it was, they cry about it being put in the game.

• 1. Re: Blaming the right people?
    Rednecksniper39

That is a big problem with COD. Its the community not the game that is broken.

• 2. Re: Blaming the right people?
    rankismet

yovlud wrote:

I believe the death of the Call of Duty franchise will not be the developers or publisher...it's the community who has too much input on what goes in to the game.  And when it gets implimented, and they realize how bad of an idea it was, they cry about it being put in the game.

There's a certain truth to that.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

• 3. Re: Blaming the right people?
    NotablePie

like what ?

i didn't ask for deadman's hand

i didn't ask for final stand back

i didn't ask for martyrdom

i didn't ask for support(or for it to include the stealth bomber and EMP)

i didn't ask for the fmg9's

and i can go on a while....

better yet, we all have been asking to nerf or just remove it

you should get me some of that stuff you smoke bro

• 4. Re: Blaming the right people?
    ghorman

I don't remember the community asking for extra lag compensation, but I do remember seeing several request for dedicated servers.

• 5. Re: Blaming the right people?
    Rednecksniper39

Lag comp has always been in COD and is in every online game.

• 6. Re: Blaming the right people?
    ghorman

Yes, I know.  But we didn't ask for it to be changed.  You missed a key word there "Extra".

• 7. Re: Blaming the right people?
    CowboySr

Gonna respectfully disagree with this comment entirely. I dont believe they listen to much of anything we say. There'd be bigger maps so people can snipe, therefor better spawns, no deathstreaks, an actual clan system that was based on clans battling each other and for clan ops that promoted teamwork and were based on team point spreads, not individual accomplishments thrown in to a group of 6. There would be an Elite system that worked from day one and someone designated to communicate with the people on its forums. Much much more. These are things we've asked for.

• 8. Re: Blaming the right people?
    yovlud

Yes...the older more mature crowd want those things...but the little kids who are the whiniest and loudest get the most accomplished.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• 9. Re: Blaming the right people?
    CowboySr

Seems like the stuff I mentioned are the squeaky wheels, along with Quick scoping, which I think people are over dramatic about. Its in the game, but those people never go positive in a match. Not in mine at least. All the other stuff is all over these forums, and not addressed....at all.

1 2 3 Previous Next