1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 2:55 AM by Jus_call_me_J Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

I'm not suggesting the entire game be catered to casual players, just make some lobbies for people who only play a couple hours a week. There is absolutely a learning curve in this game. If you can't tell it then you're probably one of the people who has played this entire series. That isn't meant as a dig or insult in any way, just a statement. MW3 is my first console shooter but I've been around gaming long enough to know when something is broken. What cheap mechanics? If you can't see akimbos (which have NO accuracy penalty and yet twice the fire rate) and qsing as cheap mechanics then no amount of explaining will ever convince you. How would you propose a casual player get better at the game when you can barely round a single corner in the game without being instantly killed by someone with akimbos or qsing? I really would like an answer to that question. As for me being  a bad player making excuses, I've never claimed to be a good player.

• 61. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

If you dashboard, you're bad.

• 62. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!
    Bester1976

The only time I dash-quit, and will continue to do so, is when I get dropped into a game where you're seconds from defeat.

The argument is that you're just as likely to jump into a game on the winning side as the losing one but that's simply not true. Are people likely to leave the game on the verge of getting the win? Or are they far more likely to pull out at the end to avoid the defeat?

As long as the game carries on doing this then I'll continue to dash-quit the games.

• 63. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

MikeG66 wrote:

I'm not suggesting the entire game be catered to casual players, just make some lobbies for people who only play a couple hours a week. There is absolutely a learning curve in this game. If you can't tell it then you're probably one of the people who has played this entire series. That isn't meant as a dig or insult in any way, just a statement. MW3 is my first console shooter but I've been around gaming long enough to know when something is broken. What cheap mechanics? If you can't see akimbos (which have NO accuracy penalty and yet twice the fire rate) and qsing as cheap mechanics then no amount of explaining will ever convince you. How would you propose a casual player get better at the game when you can barely round a single corner in the game without being instantly killed by someone with akimbos or qsing? I really would like an answer to that question. As for me being  a bad player making excuses, I've never claimed to be a good player.

This game is catered to casuals.  MW2 was where I first started COD.  I have ~ a 1.5 k/d in that game.  The fact that I can hold a 1.5 in my first cod game says something about the learning curve.  If you pick up a game like halo or gears of war you get your face pounded in for a good bit before you start being able to cope.

I rarely get killed by quickscopers.  Most of  them suck so much that they are free kills for me.  Machine pistols can be annoying but they aren't a reason to dashboard.  You act as if they aren't available to you too...

• 64. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

Go to Battlefield then. if they take out quickscoping then you might aswell take out snipers cause they cant have a good game anymore. Akimbos provide a short range secondary for snipers, LMGs and even AR. Late game joins: get a party. Dropshooting and halo jumps, why dont you fight fire with fire. Revenge spawns.... yup bullshit. As with spanw traps... yup bs.

• 65. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

he wont reveal his gamertag , no use in asking, he doesnt want people seeing he has more game play time than the rest of us

• 66. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!

I would try to re explain things to you in more simple terms if at all possible, but seeing as you never bothered to respond to my last post I'll just say this;

DASHBOARDING IS CHEATING, DON'T DO IT...

• 67. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!
    gallp13

Love v hate threads ha

• 68. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!
    MLGTWISTED

Other games like halo allow for host migration even if the host quits, I don't see why cod games don't have it.

• 69. Re: Dashboarding and why I LOVE it!
    deftonicdamian

i agree with J, dashboarding is cheating, err boosting actually. If garbage players like yourself didn't dashboard I'd probably have only 36 losses on my record and one of the highest win ratios on the game. oh boo hoo you cant deal with n00bs and their n00b guns. everything has a counter, learn to use it. If youre not consistently ending the game with a 2 or 3 ratio then guess what...that isnt the overall kd you deserve. So why should you cheat the system and dash everytime you go negative? Everyone has bad games, if we didn't have bad games and consistently went 30-2 all the time there would be a lot more 10+ k/ds. Get some skill, you said you like playing this game and keeping track of your progress to make sure you're doing better. Well it sounds to me like youre a huge raging n00b, my guess is you have a 1.30 k/d but you deserve a 0.68. Your win ratio is probably not even at a 1.00 so I'll do you the favor and  won't even touch that one

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next