36 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 6:20 AM by A_L_L_S_T_A_R_03 RSS

Campers always lose

We all like to hate on campers, esp when they kill you on a killstreak. But honestly a smart player will always win the game and destroy that camper. Now if you are a dumb@$$ that keeps running the same route and gets killed by that camper over and over, quit your complaining!!! It's your own fault!

• Re: Campers always lose

http://troll.me/images/yoda-senses/he-said-my-story-was-cool-and-he-called-me-bro.jpg

rankismet

A_L_L_S_T_A_R_03 wrote:

We all like to hate on campers, esp when they kill you on a killstreak. But honestly a smart player will always win the game and destroy that camper. Now if you are a dumb@$$ that keeps running the same route and gets killed by that camper over and over, quit your complaining!!! It's your own fault!

If that was true... there would be far fewer camper whines on these forums.

rlbl

It is true... the number of threads is proportional to the number of people who cannot beat a camper because they go the same way to kill them.

There is nothing funnier than seeing half a team trying to kill the same 1-2 people and getting destroyed over and over (both by the camper, and by the rest of the team flanking them while they are so fixated on killing the campers).

We all know it's true. Everyone has had that head-cramp revenge state:"I am gonna go and kill that guy"

ghamorra

Play interchange, there's a giant open space where the humvee and tank is turned over. Sit behind the small concrete wall and aim at the tunnel, people will pour through that like it's the only route to take. I've gotten 25 kills in a round simply scoping that spot out. Called my MOAB in and kept picking people off from that spot. Finally died from a rocket.

After the match the whole team threw hate at me for camping. Had they not kept going the same route every time I would have moved, but I found a winning strategy and stuck too it. Why would I go out of my way to make the game more difficult for me

Gerbera

Similar thing happened with me on Hardhat. Like usual, people were occupying the center area and I come in through the small room to the side and kill 3 of them in the immediate area while 1 was, as usual, camping by the tube exit in the ditch and one was camping prone in the middle. So after I kill them, I wait and see and, sure enough, the other 2 throw in (ineffective) Flashbangs/Concussions, then try to strafe run through the door and I pick them off.

I start to back out of the room, thinking that surely they wouldn't so stupid as to come from the front and try to flank from behind (or both), so best change locations, but just as I'm about to reach the door, 2 of them come right back and I kill them, making me quickly get back to where I was. For what felt like over half the match, they kept coming back, trying to run through the door or strafe by it shooting while (over)throwing (ineffective) Flashbangs, Concussions, and EMPs, and I kept killing them, each time their rage growing more and more.

I guess one finally got lucky against my teammates and had to resort to using a Predator Missile to get me. The most hilarious thing was them acting like they had won the match just because of my 1 Death there, talking smack, all cocky, and whatnot, lol.

Of course, plenty of hate mail from them after, calling me a camper and such. XD

That tunnel is just a automatic death for any genius thinking about going down it. I wished i didnt have my recording turned off, cause this one match i was able to quickly run around behind the other team and got a multi kill with my gun cause they where ALL laying down at the end of the tunnel!

Well... I once messaged a camper while sitting behind him, telling him i was behind him. Gave me the <3 callsign. How nice.

codbig_boss

Ya cant cap a point in the corner. I always say go play FFA of TDM

I couldnt tell you how many times after i get killed by one of them, that on my respawn i would just toss a grenade over in that location and kill the idiot that's still sitting there!! lol

ryno271

yea i im a rush player but when i run into someone thats camping i change my way of playing to match up with there style and ends up working very well for me like the old saying " if you can't beat em' join em" almost works everytime

Thesandman

I sometimes camp depending on, siutation,gametype,team mates skil etc etc. And i DO NOT LOSE as this thread's title would suggest. I never kill more than 2 people before moving again and i constantly frustrate the rusher/run and gun tyes. Every match im between 1.5 and 2.00 KDr. So again campers dont always lose.

twinkeeze

I agree with you Sandman.

I also camp with varying degrees and always move after 1 or 2 kills just enough to suprise the guy coming back after me and I win more often then I lose as well.

The Run N Gunners just want people to believe it takes more skill to hip fire a SMG while running blindly around. Mean while I love two placed shots center mass from my MK14 which imo takes more skill then what their doing.

I think he meant you ppl lose games cause you barely make a difference in a game. Sure if some idiot with no skill keeps going back for kills. But generally you idiots go 6-3 and think that having a 2kd is good while your team gets destroyed. I dont get how ppl think like that. I want the enemy to have to beat me to win the game not my teamates. Thats why I am everywhere around the map. Call it blind rushing or whatever. I call it a quick win. I do infact win all the time. 2600 win 195 loses. (give or take either way a few on both)

I agree. Usually they dont contribute much or manage to control their area effectively. Thats whats so frustrating about it. They are selfish players. They only care about KD and dont shoot down air support even though most of their classes are blind eye and assassin. I cant stand being 1 of their few kills cause I dont check every bush and nook in this game. Go control an area or a building at least. But stop laying in the back of maps where you know maybe 2 ppl will pass by during the game.

I played that Vengeful Beast or whatever lone wolf elite op on saturday (most kills TDM) and placed 106th, got Gold of course avg 28 kills a game with about a 4.00 kdr and all I did was use that run n gun class of mine. Obviously my team won every game I played in. Those who camped probaly either didn't even place or got bronze.

Thesandman

Contrary to the waiting for 2 kill notion being put forward, i usually go 38-10 or 26-4 or 31-7 etc etc. I adopt a camp/patrol and move tactic and it works just fine in objective and tdm type matches. And i also shoot down every enemy air support i can. After all each shootdown is another point on a killstreak. Im not an out and out camper, but not a headless dumb rushing chicken either. Is there an inbetween way of playing?

I don't like when people hate on campers. It's illogical. Play however you want, and if you find something that works then more power to ya.

When you stay in one spot for a long duration, the enemy catches on and knows where you are without UAV and whether or not you have assassin. At this point it takes a decent amount of strategy to play defensive. It's so easy to kill a camper once you know their position... especially once a whole team knows. You have multiple flashbangs, semtex, rockets, flanks, etc. If a camper can hold off his spot long enough to get a MOAB or high streaks, then I'd say he's earned it. The only ones who get mad at this point are the ones who mindlessly run after the camper without thinking how to take 'em out.

It's the campers who move around from point to point, holding their ground amidst the action that do the real damage. And at that point you can't call them a camper since they move. They use strategy and defense. If someone uses strategy to win, they've definitely earned it. Any arguement against them at this point is pure jealousy.

You realize its never just one person, its whole teams who will sit in one specific area and camp it to ****. Take the hallway with the pipe in Hardhat, literally the ONLY spot in the map where action takes places because babies HAVE to hold that spot for some reason and refuse to use any other parts of the map.

Same with Seatown, that hallway by the bridge that overlooks the market area. People will continuously flood that area and camp the **** out of it. It's not fun being forced to continuously attack the same spot over and over again when they have the advantage since they are camping holding down one spot.

I use extreme conditioning to get around to the back of that pipe quickly on hardhat and I constantly get triple or multi kills from it!

zvers

In Seatown, you simply go to the camp building across the market and pick them off. Simple as that. There are countermeasures for everything.

It is not that simple, you make it seem like these campers are facing a wall and do not pay attention to their surroundings. Whole teams will cover entrances and exits to where they are and will pick off anyone making their way to them. Say you do happen to make it in sure you could kill one or two but then you will be killed by the other four camping in the same spot.

Not to mention that you will always have idiots on your team unless you are running with a full group that will continuously rush to the same spot feeding them kill streaks over and over.

zvers

Point taken. I was just trying to give an example of what I do to counter "obvious" camp/travel locations by the enemy, depending on your spawn. If a whole team is doing that and your teamates are just rushing in then you are f'd. Ive had that happen to me pleanty of times. Not much you can do about it.

All I know its impossible to camp against me and win. My SPM will be higher than all those campers and I will win the game. You can stay in your corner as long as you want. Ill just butt fck your team and take the free win. Thank you.

There's a reason why flash/concussion grenades are in the game . I've wiped out many a camper by tossin one out and run in quick enough before the effects wear off.

So how do you counter them on FFA?  If you go into a lobby where everyone camps except you?  I have been in those lobbies and usually rage quit as it's me getting butt ******.  I did one on resistence earlier and ended up dying 22 times I got about 14 kills or something.  I check one corner and they'll be in another.  And now they have found new corners it's frustrating as hell.  one or two is not too bad but a whole lobby is just too much.

Camping rules !! Beats all those noobs exploiting the game through lag compensation !!

I was comparing my in game stats to a friend of mine who is a big camper, we have basically the same play time (about 10days), but my score is twice as much as his, i'm 12th prestige and i think he is on maybe 5 or 6 now. Kinda shows that camping does not pay off.

primus71

In all of the COD I've been a Run & Gunner. But in MW2 everyone was Quickscoping or running around with Akimbo 1887"s and lightweight. Run & gunners didn't have a chance. So I decided to camp. To me, the lesser of the evils. I got good. I won almost every FFA I entered. Nukes came by the dozens k/d went off the roof.. Once had three nukes in a row. I became a pro camper. I figured out that there was always 2 or 3 Ragers that wouldn't let it go. They would come back over and over. All you had to do was start a **** storm in a area. The kills came to me= fast easy win. So yes campers do win if your a smart player. I'm back to Run & Gun and a way better player for it. I know how to beat a camper now, swallow your pride and DON'T GO BACK! They can't get fat if you starve them.