43 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 10:26 AM by aPuppy RSS

The skill of quick scoping! (SARCASM)

According to some forum users, quick scoping takes "skill"... well here's some clips (short ones) of how easy quick scoping is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJNKduo2ds  -  zero recoil barrett 50.cal spraying through scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbrN0aLbp80     - spraying with a barrett 50.cal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCojGq3rQs   - zero recoil barrett 50,cal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjwX_d1ero   -  zero recoil MSR quick scoping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSxpIc_gzQ&feature=related   -  zero recoil L96... (fast ads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSxpIc_gzQ&feature=related    -   more zero recoil, fast ADS MSR quick scoping.

IT TAKES NO SKILL.

QUICK SCOPING = FAST ADS, FAST RELOAD, HIGH DAMAGE, AUTO AIM and NO RECOIL.

• Re: The skill of quick scoping! (SARCASM)

Lol your just a troll who gets owned by ppl who use a sniper when chances are your running around with rapid fire Get some skill bro.

And if its sooooo easy 1v1 me?

ghamorra

It seems that quickscoping is always a OHK. When I snipe the classic way it always takes 2-4 shots depending on how hit detection is working that day. But I accidentally panicscoped someone with a RSASS I found on the ground and killed him in one shot. Right after that I tried to hardscope someone and it took 3 to kill. Explain, please

I like how out of the six clips you pick the first 4 arent even ppl qscoping. Your so ignorant.

OMG. Look at this bs. Quickscoping and attack helicopters - gamers nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEBc-_WLms&context=C46291d0ADvjVQa1PpcFP--fgSlBx 5ebhZQNd_JYGQQzXa2E6uQHg=

Hyperbatong

to OP: are you implying it takes SKILLS to use shotguns like you do? or smgs or lmgs, AR's? NO doesnt take any more skill to use any of those guns, but if you miss ONE qs you are dead 90 % of the times bcause of all the smg sprayers. If you want to bash at a gun type, go bash at ANY full automatic gun in the game, because it takes WAY less skill to use any other gun than a sniper so gtfo noob

Disagree, Quick Scoping does take skill. People saying snipers are overpowered are wrong! It all depends on the person using the sniper. Quick Scoping is testing you accuracy, reflexes, & planning on Regular Gunners. Quick Scoping has gotten huge especially for the COD Community. And I think it takes I'd say 90% of the skill 10% of Luck (No Scoping, Timing, Trickshots etc.)

It hardly takes "hours/weeks of practice" like I see people claim though either.

Many times I picked up a sniper from a dead enemy and QSed people purely by accident. I do not practice it or plan to practice it, yet I've gotten several QS kills in a row doing so.

Reflexes maybe, but accuracy and planning? Eh...not really...

So your saying its easier to run around with a sniper then any assualt rifle or smg?because thats bs i would love to see ne 1 saying a sniper is op get a moab with 1 alot harder then any other gun? and just like any gun theres a certain degree of luck to it but not all luck.

Sure on a game to game basis you may not need to plan. But an overall good playstyle you will need to anticipate, plan and be accurate. Also we are not talking about those ppl that go 5 - 10 in a match that get their lucky qscopes but still go neg. When I was only using a sniper in the begining I was helping my team win with kills and obj play, and still maintaining a 1.85 kd while being very aggressive with the L118, AS50 and MSR. But I lost most of my montage clips to memory 9 loss so I gave up sniping and picked up guns that you ppl say use "skill". Im over a 2.2 since I gave up Sniping only.

Quick Scoping is lame!!!! No way can anyone run with a 30lb rifle, barely scope and be spot on accurate in real like. Get rid of it!!

Oh wow, some theater mode clips...how conclusive...

rlbl

Does quickscoping take skill? I dunno. I am a average player (stats say below-average). I get called a noob a lot, and low skills.

But I can quickscope. hmm...

This is a game, there is no skill in anything. The game mechanics make it so one can quickscope.  The game machanics also make the MP7 have no recoil, and get hitmarkers on HC with a pred missle.

It is a game: if you think anything takes skill, you have no life (or have yet to experience it) as true skill (of anything) cannot be displayed in a game

(that being said, some people are definitly better than others: that is hand-eye coordination and reflexes. You can call that skill I guess - but it has nothing to do with quickscoping.)

But my question RLBL is can you control a game when qscoping? If the person can hit a few but still gets owned then its no diff than a bad player spraying with anyother gun. Just remember charge snipers like you would run away from an alligator. In a zig zag fashion. If you charge then head on its your fault he got lucky.

rlbl

Did I not say that some people are better than others?

My age has affected my hand-eye coordination for sure!!!

But whether someone is good at it, it is still the game mechanics that make it easy for those "good players"

(In blops, qscoping was much harder - by definition it was not quickscoping, but that is besides the point... still, some people were better than others)

My point is: I have no (well little) skill, and in the MW series, I can quickscope.

Just saying.

WaW and B/Ops had the best sniping..

COD4 was ok

MW2 and MW3 is full of BS game mechanics that help the tryhards to LEET wannabee status by letting the scrubs think QS is good..

The fact of the matter is that quickscoping in this game with quickdraw is far too easy to do; even the big shot youtubers stated it.

I can decide, without ANY practice at it, to start quickscoping in this game, it really is that easy.

Get over your massive egos folks, you all know how easy it is.

BTW; don't ask me to 1v1 you like a 1337, I don't have to prove myself to anyone, certainly not some immature punk with an ego that makes him believe he is better than everyone else because he can exploit a game mechanic flaw (doesn't matter about IWs stance on it; it is still a flaw).

Shocking.

Another thread from gamehub crying about qs'ing

Personally, I'd rather face a team of people trying to qs and trickshot me over a team of head glitching, crouch walking, overly cautious, players shitting their pants while spraying all over the screen at anything they see (somehow still securing a kill).

Tired of getting qs'd?? Go play BOPS again; you know you miss your famas and galil.

It's not skill for the simple fact is, it doesn't require precision or proper aiming like ACTUAL sniping aka (the 12 year olds saying) "Hardscoping".

Thesandman

Try and cheap scope in Hardcore if you cheap scopers are so good

rlbl

I think this is the point right here Sandman, you hit a good point.

Game Mechanics or not, the bottom line is you can OHK with a sniper when you should have been killed. In HC, most people fail at quickscoping because if you get shot 1st, you are dead (almost no matter what gun you use)

In CORE:

I shoot you once, you still live

I shoot you twice, you still live

You draw a sniper quick with quickdraw and I am in your cross-hairs... I die!?

Game is flawed.  You can argue that, but you know it is true

If you get the 1st shot on me, quickscope or not, and I die: great! That is how it should be. But in the scenario above, sorry... that should not happen.

rlbl wrote:

I think this is the point right here Sandman, you hit a good point.

Game Mechanics or not, the bottom line is you can OHK with a sniper when you should have been killed. In HC, most people fail at quickscoping because if you get shot 1st, you are dead (almost no matter what gun you use)

In CORE:

I shoot you once, you still live

I shoot you twice, you still live

You draw a sniper quick with quickdraw and I am in your cross-hairs... I die!?

Game is flawed.  You can argue that, but you know it is true

If you get the 1st shot on me, quickscope or not, and I die: great! That is how it should be. But in the scenario above, sorry... that should not happen.

That scenario plays out with any guns though.. I can't tell you the amount of times in core where I'll put a shot upper center mass on someone at point blank range with a Model (1st) and I die from their ACR/MP7 spray..

Thesandman wrote:

Try and cheap scope in Hardcore if you cheap scopers are so good

I "cheap scope" and no scope in hardcore every time I play hardcore. I have NO problem hitting shots without the HUD.

It's the only way hardcore is fun; otherwise it's a total snore fest full of wannabe virtual soldiers probably laying prone behind their overturned coffee table staring at the screen waiting for a target to come to them.

So yeah... according to your criteria, I AM "so good".

Thesandman

Thats correct el2kay, if thats the case then you are "so good".

The meaning of my point was that because of the lack of crosshairs in HC,that not so many QSprs play that game mode. If you are that good in HC then well done, but i would say that you are in the minority.

derpityderp

I'll agree MW2/MW3 QSing doesnt take that much skill, but it still takes more than anything other than pump action shotguns with steady aim.

It's really not auto aim. And no gun in this game.. well, almost no gun in this game has recoil.

We know their talentless noob cakes who can't snipe to save their lives, but we have to live with their shitness and just move on, one day IW/Treyarch will make it that the snipers are correct to their real life counter parts, till that day, like the glitchscopers be the noobs they where born to be.

Bring back the Gernade launcher

thebigb59 wrote:

We know their talentless noob cakes who can't snipe to save their lives, but we have to live with their shitness and just move on, one day IW/Treyarch will make it that the snipers are correct to their real life counter parts, till that day, like the glitchscopers be the noobs they where born to be.

How do we know that? If you have a tendency to play agressive with a sniper (and occasionally quickscope), you are a bad hardscoper (sniper)? That does not sound logical.

People tend to hate quickscopers, because qser apparently think they are so much better than players who prefer other type of weaponry. You on the other hand seem to think you are much better than all the quickscopers and I fail to understand why.

aPuppy wrote:

thebigb59 wrote:

How do we know that? If you have a tendency to play agressive with a sniper (and occasionally quickscope), you are a bad hardscoper (sniper)? That does not sound logical.

People tend to hate quickscopers, because qser apparently think they are so much better than players who prefer other type of weaponry. You on the other hand seem to think you are much better than all the quickscopers and I fail to understand why.

Because I can snipe, if my position is compromised which is very unlikely I use my secondary weapon, normally the MP9, I never use my sniper rifle because its not designed to be used like that.

I am alot better at sniping than a quickscoper because I use the weapon as its intended, not like an assault rifle. I never use the Acog scope.

thebigb59 wrote:

I am alot better at sniping than a quickscoper because I use the weapon as its intended, not like an assault rifle. I never use the Acog scope.

Who intended snipers to be used in a certain way in MW3? And if a quickscoper desides to use his sniper like snipers are used in real life, why do you think he could not pull it off? That's what you meant, when you called every quickscoper talentless, right?

Pretty much every sniper (quickscopers included) seems to run with regular/variable scope and only few use Acog-scope. This is my perception of the scope-usage anyway.

Boozehound

I think we all agree that this is 'just a game' but surely the aim from developers, and the desire from the majority of gamers, is for it to be as realistic as possible?

LMGs are not ideal for Arkaden, Shotguns are tough to do well with on Interchange, a Bouncing Betty will have more success in Piazza than Liberation. These are accepted and realistic facts.

Why are Sniper Rifles the exception?

People traditionally give 'campers' a bad press but if I get taken out by someone from across the map, laying in the grass, waiting for the opposition to enter their Sniper Rifle sights then fair enough. That's what Sniper Rifles are designed for.

What is not realistic, whether or not it requires skill, is seeing someone wearing a 50lb leaf-suit sprinting through a dusty Dome, one-shot killing everything in their path!

My own view (as a non-sniper), is that it does take some skill to Quickscope well, just as it does to do really well with any weapon, but unfortunately it's the realism that's missing.

The Quickscoping issue should be addressed, but not in isolation as surely anything that veers away from realistic is detrimental to the game.