29 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 7:41 AM by CowboySr RSS

Am I a hardscoping tryhard?

CowboySr

I am amazed and confused at the people that play this game. At what point did people decide that if you're not Quickscoping, you're a noob?  I personally do not have a huge problem with QSing, cause its rare, but after yesterday, Im lost for words.

After our group smashed yet another room, and ADULT started raging at us for being a bunch of tryhard, hardscoping B%^&&^^^.  Wants to argue the point that hardscoping is for noobs, and that we should be Quickscoping. We should 1v1 him QSing . This was an ADULT, which is why it bothered me.

I remember and miss the sniping battles I used to have in COD4 with the larger, well balanced maps. Once and awhile you'd meet your match and I loved the challenge. Was like out the movie Enemy at the Gates.  Today, the maps dont allow for that kind of experience as 80% of the maps you can throw a stone across, and the other 20% are not set up properly for sniper wars. 

But again I need to know, do today's players believe that if you're not QSing, you're bad?  This must be a sick joke.

• Re: Am I a hardscoping tryhard?

Ha. I would accept their challenge to 1v1, invite them to a private match, then just use a submachine gun til they quit.

CowboySr

1v1ing. So irritating. I get this challenge at least once a night. Im in a group of 6 people, usually with a couple people wating to get my spot, and Im gonna leave them and lose my spot in a room we just smashed to go play 1 guy on dome and QS even though I hate it. Then Im a chicken for not doing it. And I get messages like thats what I thought, after he just rage quit our room.  Whats wrong with these people...

scolia5044

I hear ya man i have no problem with Qscoping but there shouldn't be any hate toward hardscoping either too each is own i seem too always get hate mail or trash talk whenever i get a game winning kill by actually holding my breathe

W7PSK

Why in the heck do they call it Hard Scoping. Its called Sniping

and thats how you do it.  Hard Scoping,  they prolly call it that

cause its too hard for them.

Thesandman

Its ironic that the proper way that the weapon was intended for use,is now considered hardscoping tryhard??? The proper word as W7PSK says is Sniping, plain and simple.

The bigger youtubers and every rational human being, who use a lot of snipers tend to agree that hardscoping (sniping or whatever one likes to call it) is a good way to snipe, when you have time for that. Quickscoping in every single situation is lunacy. This adult you met, had to be a bit simple.

I assume you use the term "adult" loosely!

I just tell all of the douches who always challenge me to 1v1s to back out and send me an invite and I don't join. Gets the annoying kids out of the lobby.

Dicemann

Not one little bit,  small children call it hardscoping. Keep up the good work sniping and infuriating these children.

BuckNorris007

wow ive heard the term hardscoping before but i cant imagine why people would rage about it.  Only in COD i guess because thats normal in every other game LOL.   QSing only irritates me when I see the killcam and they never even actually looked through the scope and seen crosshairs yet. 

I'd much rather get HS than QS. Only just mind you!

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I get all kinds of crap for being an ACOG Sniper.(Can't see the normal crosshairs too well most of the time.) Plus thats how I set up my real world Hunting Rifle so it works for me (I am in total beast mode on the hunting games too). Take it as a compliment that you whooped him good and he could figure no way to beat you, so all he has left is weak insults.

CODNoob12

HARDscoping = takes skill, patience, and anticipation.

QUICKscoping = preferred choice for teenagers and usually leads to a negative KDR.

Hardscopers aren't campers. Hardscopers have to have an understanding of each advantageous spot on a given map and move to them throughout each match. If anything, they are MORE at risk than campers, being their game-style is so specialized, that is why whomever is good at it gets my respect.

I don't complain about QSers so much in TDM or even FFA (although I haven't run in to many of them on that game type). In objective games, I get annoyed at QSers because they are usually not even part of the game itself, just looking to get some highlight reel footage for their dumb YouTube accounts.

Hardscoping is looked down upon because it hardly takes any skill. Quickscoping, on the other hand, does and people tend to rage at you for using nooby tactics.

Just ignore them. I've been getting similar messages. In fact the other day I got a message from someone saying "Stop camping n hardscoping you f***in noob". I was using my version of the M21 in previous CoDs (MK14 w/Thermal Scope) which I was, ahem *hardscoping* with apparently. I replied with "who's the noob? snipers are supposed to camp/patrol dumbass. They provide long range support or is that a little too much for your little kiddy *quickscoping* brain to take in?" I never got a reply.

You play how you want to play. Why should you change your playstyle for idiots? I sure don't.

vims1990

You're using a sniper in the correct manner, not trying to use to use it as a shotgun or doing 360's off rooftops

Film_Not_Rated

But 360's are fun... Even with pistols.

=)

@CoDNoob(sorry if not right.) I don't see how it takes skill, you just aim in on one spot, and shoot, one shot anywhere = profit.

Not saying QSing has skill, which it doesn't anymore but I don't see regular sniping any harder. ;P

CODNoob12

I hear you. Staying in one spot for an entire match, while occasionally popping off a few rounds does NOT take skill. But truly being a sniper, taking it seriously does. Being a hardscoping sniper in MW3 means being patient in a game that does not really encourage patience. And few skilled snipers stay in one spot longer than necessary.

I was actually being over-the-top in my words about QS'ers. I actually think it's pretty cool what some of them can pull off. But in my experience, they are rarely positive, in fact most QS'ers I've come across per map, per game type, do not do extremely well statistically, which is why I think many question their motives (unless that's just the style of play they enjoy, in which case I say party on!).

50calmastr

I feel you bro, but who in the end gets a Moab? We do cause we dont scramble all over the map

Pballstarr

omg pipeline snipe matches were the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboySr

I guess I just miss the maps where you could have sniper battles and shut people down. My clan/group has 3 shut outs 7500-0 on Village with the majority of us "hardscoping" the choke points, a few with mid range supporting the snipers. There is nothing lke the feeling of sniping 20 people without dying and hearing them rage afterwards.   I really miss sniping war from the crossfire map. I used to get so PO'd when I got sniped from that one corner where you couldnt really see the guy, or hit him. Back then the concrete walls werent really made of paper.