20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 6:06 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Accolades - How do I get this one...?

kastro187420

It's the only one I haven't been able to figure out how to earn. It's weird, I would've thought I'd have gotten it by now, given the fact that I have every other accolade on that page, almost all of them 50+ times.

 

It's on Page 1, 5 Over, and 2-down. It's between "Upriser" and "Executioner".

 

Anyone got any ideas?

  • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?

    I think you have to get the most headshots against people who are in Final Stand and Dead Man's Nuke.

    • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
      kastro187420

      DLSV2 wrote:

       

      I think you have to get the most headshots against people who are in Final Stand and Dead Man's Nuke.

      I'm pretty sure that's for Executioner (Most Execution Kills).

      • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?

        kastro187420 wrote:

         

        DLSV2 wrote:

         

        I think you have to get the most headshots against people who are in Final Stand and Dead Man's Nuke.

        I'm pretty sure that's for Executioner (Most Execution Kills).

        I just checkedthe list.

        5th column

        • Upriser – Most kills of higher rank
        • Revenge-Most final stand kills
        • Executioner – Most execution kills
        • Genocidal  - Most multikills
        • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
          kastro187420

          DLSV2 wrote:

          I just checkedthe list.

          5th column

          • Upriser – Most kills of higher rank
          • Revenge-Most final stand kills
          • Executioner – Most execution kills
          • Genocidal  - Most multikills

           

          Well, that would explain why I don't have that one then. I've never used Final Stand. Thanks for the info. Now I DON'T want that accolade, as a sign of pride.

  • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
    9blackguys

    Whats "steam roller"? I've gotten around 220 but I haven't earned a single one in over 2 months. It says "deal the most damage", so I guess that means be the guy with the Reaper, AC-130 and Osprey Gunner? Or something else?

  • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
    unicronhound

    Yeah they have a couple accolades I try and avoid at all costs, that's one of them, then the sickly green faced ones. Mainly just down to the CTF ones, and like two bomb ones.

    • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
      trialstardragon

      LOL pride in not having an accolade? Really? That is just silly really. It really does not mean your a better player by not having them. In fact getting them means you are a better player at being able to effectively use those traits of how the game can be played and should be feared more than those that do not have them.

       

      By not having those I know I would never have to worry about facing that sort of deathstreak with you. Making you and easy mark for a run-n-gun up close conflicts. Where if you had them I would be more cautious about getting to close to you and play a longer game to avoid the possible chance of dieing to those streaks.

      • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?

        Dumb written all over this post.

         

        Someone who doesn't have deathstreak accolades has all the reason to be proud of it. Why?

         

        They're doing something right. by not having those accolades it shows that they are a hard target to kill. What part of that went over your head? Ever stop to think that these people might kill you before you even get the chance to drop them? Of course not, because you're gods gift to CoD.

         

        I don't have any of the death related accolades and I'm going to keep it that way.

        • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
          trialstardragon

          Not haivng them does not mean they are hard to kill at all. It just means they never used those death streaks to get those accolades. So think before you type the next time eh?

           

          Having them does not make you a worse player just like not having them does not make you a better player you foolish little tool.

           

          As I stated anyone with out those accolades is easier to deal with because you no longer have to worry about those random factors in the game which makes it even easier at that point. I do not fear the players with out them for I know I will never die to that streak. I fear and respect the players with them because I know they take full advantage of what the game offers them.

           

          I use every deathstreak and use them well. I love trolling people that camp an area and I have dmh on. I love rushing an area in an obj game and having martyrdom and killing them pissing them offf. I love the random kills from final stand ending some poor noob rushers kill streak for foolishly running at me after they thought I was dead and that is what the streaks are for.

           

          Anyone that does not use them is just limiting themself on how they can play the game and not taking full advantage over everything that is being offered to be used and that is just dumb and foolish to do and nothing to have any sort of pride over at all.

           

          pride in how somoene plays a video game is just stupid to begin with, for this is not life or death, it is not real, it is not something taht should be take so serious as to need to worry about pride or vanity as so many players seem to do.

      • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
        kastro187420

        In the grand scheme of things? Sure, it's a little silly to have pride about that. But if we're talking just call of duty, I see it as a sign of respect if a player doesn't have to resort to using those kind of things for his kills. It means that instead of jumping on the first crutch presented to him/her, the player opted for improving their play style themselves.

         

        Yes, you would never have to worry about me suddenly exploding when I die, but at the same time, you would have to worry about what tactic I'm going to do next. Because I can't just rush at you and suicide bomb you, I have to try a different tactic. That means you're never going to know what to expect. If I can't get you at CQ, maybe I'll set-up an Ambush from a longer range with a sniper rifle. Maybe I'll start tossing Flash Bangs around corners. Or maybe I'll just avoid CQ areas altogether. You can see how not using those death streaks alters your thinking and tactics.

         

        That to me, is a far better strategy as opposed to knowing someone is just going to try to rush at you.

         

        There are 2 kinds of players really. There's the player who constantly gets put into death streaks, and then there's the player who puts them into the death streaks. Those who learn to rely on the crutches will typically be the ones who are getting put into them by those of us who refuse to play that way.

        • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
          trialstardragon

          By not worrring about those tactics I could focus on the other possible tactics even easier in the game. It is those random death streaks that make the game unpredictable and chaotic at times. With out them the game is dull and boring and same as any other fps game out there.

           

          Your wrong about the two kinds of players there is three of them really.

           

          Those that foolishly think using deathstreaks make a person a worse player. Those that understand how and why the death streaks are in the game and use them correctly. And those who have mastered the art of the death streak trolling to annoy those that think they are better by not using them.

           

          It really does not change my thinking at all in how I play. I play both the long and short game and mix it up every match from life to life depending on the enemy I am facing. Someone camp/defends a builing or area, I will troll them with explosive and dmh or martyrdom. some one trys rushing all the time I will troll them with final stand killing them before I die.

           

          By knowing someone is not using those streaks I no longer have to worry about certain tactics which makes it even easier to focus on other tactics instead, not harder. It makes the game more predictable and less random or chaotic; which is less realistic and easier to deal with than a truly random event.

          • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
            kastro187420

            trialstardragon wrote:

             

            By not worrring about those tactics I could focus on the other possible tactics even easier in the game. It is those random death streaks that make the game unpredictable and chaotic at times. With out them the game is dull and boring and same as any other fps game out there.

             

            I disagree. Most of the FPS titles out there have something that keeps them different from the others. Take for example, 4 known titles:

             

            Call of Duty

            Battlefield

            Halo

            Killzone

             

            All of those games are so entirely different, that removing Death Streaks from the game wouldn't make it anything like the others. So that argument is kind of out the window.

             

            What makes the game chaotic and unpredictable is the small maps, spawn system, and kill streaks.

             

            Those that foolishly think using deathstreaks make a person a worse player. Those that understand how and why the death streaks are in the game and use them correctly. And those who have mastered the art of the death streak trolling to annoy those that think they are better by not using them.

             

            There's nothing foolish about that thought at all. If I could, I would avoid using any of the death streaks. You don't get better by becoming complacent and taking the easy way out. Those players who need the death streaks aren't challenging themselves to improve. They're thinking that the game will pick up their slack for them. That's why they're constantly dying enough to get put into Death Streaks.

             

            The good players know why Death Streaks are in the game. They're in the game to appease the terrible players who might otherwise quit if they don't get an easy kill once in a while. GHANDI himself has said as much.  Whether someone can use them to troll or not is irrelevent, their intended use is still to appease bad players.

            It really does not change my thinking at all in how I play. I play both the long and short game and mix it up every match from life to life depending on the enemy I am facing. Someone camp/defends a builing or area, I will troll them with explosive and dmh or martyrdom. some one trys rushing all the time I will troll them with final stand killing them before I die.

             

            And how is that going to work against someone such as myself who also adapts from life to life? You might see me with an SMG one life, and the next I could be toting a Sniper Rifle, and the very next walking around with a Riot Shield. That's the benefit of not using Death Streaks. If I end up dying, I can see what I did wrong and change my style on the fly, and not rely on the game to pick up my slack for me.

             

            Where as you might be content to rush into a room and hope that the game does the rest for you with Martyrdom or Dead Man's Hand, someone who doesn't need Death Streaks can rush that same room and take it without dying through the use of a slightly more tactical approach.

             

            Can you see the difference? Your approach on taking someone out relies on first dying 5+ times and hoping the game does the rest, where as my approach relies on my own capabilities and being an asset to the team I'm on.

            By knowing someone is not using those streaks I no longer have to worry about certain tactics which makes it even easier to focus on other tactics instead, not harder. It makes the game more predictable and less random or chaotic; which is less realistic and easier to deal with than a truly random event.

             

            The only tactic you don't have to worry about, is the player exploding on death, or taking an extra 5 bullets. Yes, that might help you out a little bit, but at the same time, you have to assume that the player who isn't using those death streaks, isn't using them for a reason. They simply might not need them and can overcome the situations without them.

             

            Also, if you're looking for Realism, you're barking up the wrong franchise. Try Battlefield 3 for a more realistic approach to combat. Call of Duty is more of an adventure/shooter these days.

            • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
              trialstardragon

              First off I have to say your wrong all of those titles are exactly the same at the core. they are shooters where you try to kill your opponet with a weapon of some sort. The weapns and how they work are irrelevant at this point. Removing death streaks from CoD would make it the same as all of the rest of them at the core of how the game is played. People only hate death streaks because of the random factor it adds to the game that is harder to predict and counter.

               

              Small maps do not make it nearly as chaotic as you think, A good team on a small map can easily hold it regardless what the other team tries to do. Used to do this on noobtown all the time when played wiht friends. No offending team could ever get to where we were if we worked well. Kill streaks only at a limited from of chaos when you have perks that can protect you from them. I do not fear any of them because I am basicly immune to any non player controlled kill streak when I play. So that bit of randomness is negated and easily dealt with. So no impact in how I play from those. The spawns are only hard to handle if you team has rushers moving around the map too much. If everyone has a set area they guard and patrol/camp the spawns are very easy to handle and do not add in any additional chaos as people like to claim.

               

              I am not complacent by my use of them in fact I understand them and the benefits they give to all players from new players to the experiences players that artfully use them thwart an enemy team easily. Yes they may help some bad players get easy kills, but for those players that do not need them for kills they are a great way to end a so called better players kill streak randomly and this is why they are hated so much. Because kill streaks have been made over important in the game series.

               

              As for you adapting as well that it where the true challenge and fun comes from, someone that is not stuck in rut playing only one playstyle all the time like so many others do in this game and then cry when someone beat them at their own game and way of playing.

               

              I do not just rush in letting the game do it for me. I sitll do my part but yes I will let the streak help me out for that is what it is there for fundementally, refusing to use it out of some sense of vanity or pride is just foolish and poor strategy and is another reason people hate them, for those taht know how to use them to help get the job done and end an enemies streak.

               

              My approach is not just letitng the game get the kill for me, it is using the streak and both defensive and offensive back up further enhancing my total destructive power and not just relying on a weapon alone. A true warrior uses everything around them, not just what they have to kill the enemy. Something so many games have forgotten over time as things like k/dr and kill streaks were made more important and key points in the game.

               

              I do not have to assume they are not using them because they do not need them. That is foolish way to think. They chose to not use them and that is all I need to know, for it now has removed several vectors of unpredictable playstyles from the equation. And each vector removed makes the game even easier to play and requiring less over all skill or ability to do so.

               

              Even if they try to be as random as me, those removed factors make a big difference in what is worried about, more so than what has not been removed. By them limiting themself then it also opens up other door ways to approach them that they may not be ready for or able to handle such as the suicide nade rusher cooking a frag as they run into a heavily guarded area. I play more than just TDM so my K/Dr means little to me. In the end it is the entire round and how it went and not just my k/dr or the w/r that makes the game fun or not for me, nor is how many deathstreaks or kill streaks I managed to get either. It is the sum total of the entire round and everything learned and experienced both good and bad that makes the match and game interesting, not just a simple stat.

               

              Though battlefield may seem a little more realistic it is still basicly the same as this game at its core. CoD is only an adventure shooter if you chose to see it such. Strategy and tactics can still play a very large part in the outcome of a match, even in a game like Halo it did which is about the same as BF but set in the future.

               

              I have joined matches where the team was loosing because all they cared about was camping for kills and ksr and I rushed the rest of time getting objectives and lead the game to a win instead of loss. I died alot and used my ds well though; but my willingness to sacrifice a stat improved another stat instead. So k/dr is not always nearly as important as some make it seem to be at times in every game mode.

              • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
                kastro187420

                First off I have to say your wrong all of those titles are exactly the same at the core. they are shooters where you try to kill your opponet with a weapon of some sort. The weapns and how they work are irrelevant at this point. Removing death streaks from CoD would make it the same as all of the rest of them at the core of how the game is played. People only hate death streaks because of the random factor it adds to the game that is harder to predict and counter.

                 

                Did you really just say all of those shooters were the same because you "try to kill someone"? Honestly, for a while there, I was starting to respect your opinion, but I have to figure you're trolling at this point. After a statement like that, I just can't take anything else you say on a level that makes me believe that you're actually being serious. I'm just going to end this back and forth here after that one.

                • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
                  trialstardragon

                  Regardless of the time period or the weapons being usesd yes the are bascily the same. Cod has perks and different weapon attachments, so does BF, Halo was more about weapons but in Reach that was all changed and it became even more like CoD and BF. Never played killzone so not much to say about that game.

                   

                  But yes at the fundemental core each of those games is nothing more than a first person shooter where the task is to kill the other player with a weapon of some sort. All the other little frills such as kills streaks and deaths streaks do not change the core fundementals of the game. Both Halo and BF has vehicles, so they are no different othern than the time period and weapons.

                   

                  The same basic strategy and skills from Halo, work in Cod, they work in BF and the same goes for each other game working the same. The little extras like AL in Reach or FS in MW3 do not chane the core mechanics of how the game is played or meant to be played.

                   

                  The only diffrence in some of them is the map size, where both Halo and BF have larger maps than CoD. But that still does not change the core tactics and skills being used in any form, just the additioanl skills needed to adjust to the small diffrences in each game.

                   

                  This is going to be another one of those times where we will have to just agree to disagree, which is fine by me.

  • Re: Accolades - How do I get this one...?
    kastro187420

    Yeah, there are certain ones where not having is a sign of pride. Anything relating to Final Stand, Dead Man's Hand, and Martyrdom, I'm going to avoid earning. None of those accolades/emblems/titles are worth showing off.