1 16 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next 208 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 4:10 PM by adw1983 Go to original post RSS
  • 170. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

Gtfomybmw wrote:

Give the players a reason to use LMGS again. It's bad enough that all of the iron sights are difficult to use, but to make them slow moving MP7s is downright unbearable.

L86 --> Keep Fire Rate + Recoil, Increase damage to 38-33

MG36 --> Remove Grip Glitch (WTF Devs?), Keep Fire Rate, Keep Damage

PKP ---> Lower Fire Rate to SP speed, Increase damage to 49-35

MK46 ---> Good LMG, can't think of anything to buff. Maybe lower recoil slightly

M60E4 ---> Can't think of anything

With this, you'll  have LMGs capable of 3-4 shot kills at any range. I'm sure the days of 2 shot L86, RPD and AUG HBAR will never return to MW3, but at least make the LMGs plausible choices.

On the plus side, I've been having good fun with the M60E4. Assuming the devs never get to balance patches, I'll be rocking this thing till 2500 headshots.

They are buffing the stats for the LMGs in the upcoming DLC Drop (I think), so they will become better in some form. What that is (range? damage?) nobody knows, but we will find out shortly.

• 171. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

Gtfomybmw wrote:

Give the players a reason to use LMGS again. It's bad enough that all of the iron sights are difficult to use, but to make them slow moving MP7s is downright unbearable.

L86 --> Keep Fire Rate + Recoil, Increase damage to 38-33

MG36 --> Remove Grip Glitch (WTF Devs?), Keep Fire Rate, Keep Damage

PKP ---> Lower Fire Rate to SP speed, Increase damage to 49-35

MK46 ---> Good LMG, can't think of anything to buff. Maybe lower recoil slightly

M60E4 ---> Can't think of anything

With this, you'll  have LMGs capable of 3-4 shot kills at any range. I'm sure the days of 2 shot L86, RPD and AUG HBAR will never return to MW3, but at least make the LMGs plausible choices.

On the plus side, I've been having good fun with the M60E4. Assuming the devs never get to balance patches, I'll be rocking this thing till 2500 headshots.

I like the general direction you are going with your buff ideas, personally i still think that they should do the following:

- increase the range on every light machine gun by 50%

- increase the minimum damage on every light machine gun by 20%

and maybe add in the following as well:

- cut all the recoil that isn't viewkick in half (meaning reducing the gunkick) .

- change how rapid fire works on all guns by making the attachment increase the viewkick values in a similar proportion to how the kick proficiency reduces kick. This would have the positive side affect of making it easier to rebalance the M16, Type 95, and SMGs.

I'm hoping that the upcoming buff is at least an increase to minimum damage as well as range for all the LMGs.

• 172. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    adw1983

AK47, M16, CM901, MP5 and Dragunov -- the worst weapons in the game -- would like a word with you...

• 173. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

I can perform better with all of those weapons (excluding the druganov) than i can with the AA12, KSG 12, SPAS 12 and model 1887, and I have 15000 kills experience with those shotguns combined.

• 174. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    adw1983

Indeed.

USAS 12-- the fully automatic shotgun that fires much slower than the semi-automatic striker.

AA12 -- the fully automatic shotgun that practically cannot one-hit kill, firing at 400 RPM...

KSG12 -- completely overshadowed by SPAS 12,

which is slightly worse than the Model 1887 trumphing them both.

1887 has better range and is easier to kill with on all ranges than the other two (always requires the same or fewer pellets to kill on any given distance, with the same rate of fire as SPAS12, which fires faster than KSG12.)
    Shotgun statistics

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddFlNRk44SHkydC1ucE54YmV BS2FJT0E#gid=0

pulled from Den Kirson's forums and the scientific testing crowd over there.

ALL of them are completely / practically useless compared to akimbo FMG9s.

Today, I used akimbo FMG9s for the heck of it, after using XM25 as a shotgun set at explosion at 5 meters range, comparing it to using a shotgun.

1: FMG9 shotguns
    2: FMG9 shotguns
    3: FMG9 shotguns
    4: Type 95 hip-fired

5: FMG9 shotguns
    6: Striker

7: XM25 shotgun

The only advantage shotguns have is the ability to press the aim button to slow down and aim more accurately at heads while walking silently compared to akimbo FMG9s.

I killed uninjured targets on 25+ meters range with Akimbo FMG9s at several occations, gaining longshot award.

In one of the games, I actually switched to my USAS 12 to shoot down an enemy attack helicopter -- completely forgetting that I was raping the opposition on all distances WITH A SECONDARY WEAPON.

• 175. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    anoreo

That's weird, because I think a naked KSG trumps a Damage Model 1887! I used it last prestige and I wanted to cry, I was on the verge on taking a hammer to my skull, but as soon as I used the KSG it was all like "aaaah, that's better! One shot kills galore!"

Although that chart needs to be updated and axe the extended mag part of the chart

• 176. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

So has anyone figured out what the LMG buffs were yet?

• 177. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    anoreo

It better be a solid infinite range. I want a solid 40 damage across the chart with my M60! Or something like that. I don't want any "reduced recoil" or any of that nonsense.

• 178. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.

anoreo wrote:

It better be a solid infinite range. I want a solid 40 damage across the chart with my M60! Or something like that. I don't want any "reduced recoil" or any of that nonsense.

You mean how LMGs in CoD should be unless they have some outstanding stat? 

• 179. Re: Official Weapon Balance Feedback Thread.
    derpityderp

M60 irons are so batshit horrible it blows my mind.