27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 11:36 AM by CowboySr RSS

Just put the new maps into rotation already.

CowboySr

You know I realize that the way in which theses maps are released is new this year. But its not making anyone happy. The point of making a separate elite play list over the years is so when a new map pack comes out, you go into a lobby and chose between the new maps. But these other maps have been out awhile, and if you're gonna string them out once a month to make it look like theres more DLC than there really is, at least dont make me play the old released ones.

TDM is my preference. In the past all these elite lists have been TDM. I always believed TDM was good for this if you couldnt do it for all the modes. Its just killing, which is part of all game modes in some respects. Now theyve changed it. We had to go in and out of 6 lobbys just to find the new map. Then when we found it it was KC. I despise this mode, but decided to play cause I just wanted to play the map. So no matter what now, because I hate KC and dont well running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to collect tags in the middle of the map, I leave the game with a bad gut feeling, and a general dislike of the new map. Which might not be justified.

So my point is that this Elite playlist is a thing of the past. It made more sense when it was 4-5 maps at once, cause you could cycle thru them, and they were all new. Now its one map. We've played the others.    Just get rid of the elite list and put the maps in rotation for all game modes, or do both, but dont force me to chose between pizza and liberation for 6 maps before I get to the one new map playing a mode I hate to play. This isnt rocket science here.

• Re: Just put the new maps into rotation already.
    Rednecksniper39

I don't think it would hurt to put them in since it would be doing exactly what they are doing next week. I love SnD and never get to play it because Elite Objectives is a joke.

stonculd

I know your frustration with the way this is set up. Sick of playing game modes I don't want to play. Domination in the Elite playlist is a kill farmers game. People not working as teams and not playing the objective really makes me not like any of the objective based game modes. The problem is not just in the Elite playlist either it is in all COD's I have played, and all playlists. Take K/D out of objective based games it has no purpose or reason for being there.

I agree.Ive had the maps since release but haven't played them.I like the Dom,KC and TD mode, but with under 2000 players at any time all the games I've entered have been laggy P.O.S.I Always get matched with players 1000's of miles away because of lack of numbers.This makes for bad gameplay.Most of the games are 100 - 125 ping and I always quit these even in the busy lists,prefering to wait for 50 ( cos there's lots of them) or the more usual 75 ping lobbys.

CowboySr

Well, I dont see how adding it to the normal rotation would benefit you in your situation.  The lack of numbers may change, but theyre not gonna get any closer.

I thought the monthly dlc was a cool idea. But not the way theyve changed the way you have to play them. Yet another poor decision.  

stonculd

Agreed Cowboy! I think the low numbers are because of the way they have the playlist setup not because no one is interested. People want a choice in the mode they are going to play. There are probably more people playing TDM than any other mode in this game so why would you throw it into a list with DOM or KC? I realize that they are out of lobbies or whatever, but they were doing it at first. So why did they change it? Before they changed it the only complaining I heard was from the HC crowd. Now neither the HC players or the Core players are happy. I find I don't play the new maps hardly at all now but I was playing them all the time the way they set it up at first.

CowboySr

Yep. And I get why the HC wouldnt want to play core. All the more reason to just put them in rotation.   I for one do not like any of the first 3 dlc maps, Which I was able to decide by playing them on tdm. This new map looks cool, but after how long it took to find it, and them being arm barred into playing KC, my whole group of 6 said eff it, and went back to TDM normal rotation. What a joke. 1 game on that map and I was sick of it cause of the mode.

stonculd

I do believe they changed the HC Elite playlists and that is why the Core options were taken out of the Elite lobbies. I think it's stupid to alienate the bulk of your customers to cater to a small group, but I guess IW is damned if they do damned if they don't. I know until they change it back I wont be on the Elite playlists nor will a lot of people. Pretty sad that something that seems so small could really mess up one of the top benefits of having Elite.

I always play TD, just thought ....the more players in the lobby the better chance of getting at least a closer match with <75 ping.I find 100 - 125 unplayable 99% of the time.

I gave up playing the elite playlist a  long time ago.

It's sad the new maps are out and I haven't downloaded them yet because I won't use the elite playlist so no great rush to download.

I can wait till the TDM playlist gets bumped with the new maps.

slap1i

I find myself unhappy about having to play gamemodes that I don't prefer.  I understand why they do it like that, and it's probably the most fair way for them to handle it.  The player pool is too small, and additional gamemode options would only water-down the matchmaking.

When the new maps drop, I find myself playing them for one day just to get familiar, then I lose interest as TDM and KC seem to be too campy for my taste.  The objective list is okay, but it's rare to get my gamemode and I'll usually play some other gametype that my equipment loadout isn't ideal for.

Rob12

So what if to play the new maps on hardcore you have to play other game modes. I hate Dom but play it to get to play the other game modes. I am not keen on TDM either due to camping but play it regardless. Besides it helps prevent boredom setting in with a bit of variety. When the maps get put into rotation i'll go back to SND and KC.

CowboySr

Well you can say what to anything I guess if nothing bothers you.  But playing modes that require me to act in ways I would never act in the game modes I prefer is enough to keep me from playing them at all. Not because I cant, but because I want to play TDM on the one map that just came out, but I cant. Instead I have to play KC on Liberation or PIzza. Hey heres the keys to the new car you purchased, just stay under 15 mph for the first 3 weeks. K?

zvers

They should just do a 24/7 TDM Liberation or Piazza or Overwatch Elite gametype (like nuketown in BLOPS). This would satisfy our need to play the heck out of the new maps. It's a win, win for everyone.

none of the new maps are good expt overwatch and black box.