48 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 10:17 AM by Arcane Skywolfe RSS

Since when was spawn trapping bad? MY opinion is...

it takes skill to spawn trap  i dont see it as a bad thing people complain to much you suck period

it takes alot of skill to hold a whole entire team in their spawn the whole match it is not easy to do that

its skill and strategy . it takes NO type of skill whatsoever to kill an enemy and have him spawn right behind you or next to you

so that he can just turn and shoot or knife you in the back wheres the skill in that?

now i agree that the spawn death spawn death spawn death within 2 seconds of spawning is stupid i agree but if you have a chance to spawn run and shoot or hide then you shouldnt be complaining if your good enough you can get out of a spawn trap and if your team is stuck in a spawn trap the whole match then maybe you should just back out because you or your team sucks period or not even that just the other team is better then yours.

Do you guys see what all this complaining about the spawns done? it  Screwed up MW3  before the game even came out people were complaining about spawn trapping ITS A STRATEGY !!!! get over it  like robert bowling said he listend to the fans and now mw3 is screwed up they have people spawning all over the place next to you when they should be spawning far away from you as possible in the same spot the rest of your team is spawning in

DEMOLITION is now screwed up i never play that game mode anymore you used to be able to play that game on mw3 and not really worry about getting spawned behind  because they spawn in their spawn the whole time im on a 23point streak on my way to my MOAB  im comfortble watching the A bomb and the WHOLEEE 6 man team spawned right behind my and shot me in my back  i raged quit after that and never played it since

DOMINATION i dont get it my team would have A and B flag but  and the ENEMY would have C flag they should spawn at c flag like every other call of duty they should not be spawning in our spawn at A spawn where your flag is its common since

I've said it once and ill say it again mw3 spawns ruin it this game sucks black ops is wayy better then this game and black ops is a trash game aswell but atleast the spawns werent as bad as they are on here even mw2 spawns were pretty good they should of left the spawns alone  brought them from black ops or mw2 and put them in mw3

this game is garbage and its made for the garbage players good people that are actually good and have skill stand equally to a NOOB at this game im a 15th prestige and i see others and my self getting killed by level 41 , 32 ,or even 23 non prestiges because of the spawns

deathstreaks who the hell idea was it to bring that back ? reward a garbage player? are you serious? there should be a lobby for thoes kids who like to use deathstreaks because they suck and cant get kills  having 24 kills  and 1 more for a moab and dieng by somebody with dead mans hand on that blows up from a distance because deadman's hand actually has a big radius to it is the biggest and by far dumbest thing ever in this game  along with final stand ? get outta here if  anything deathstreaks should be just to support you not to pentalize another player  like juice thats a beautiful deathstreak  hollow points is goodaswell  but final stand and deadmans hand WTFFFFF where you guys thinking?

black ops 2.... is looking pretty good right about now im never playing mw3 ever again once BLACKOPS 2 comes out  and if the spawns or other bullcrap happends in that game then im done with call of duty activision you guys need to step it up sledge hammer games you guys didnt know what you guys were doing you messed  the game up with support packages  the spawns  aswell had no business adding that crap to the game unknown brand working on a big title like call of duty i already knew that was a bad idea idiots ! they tell us they will fix the spawns in this game  and they already did ( wich i dont see a diffrence )  but i doubt they will make any more changes to it they are just telling us they will to shut us up  im done just felt like talking smack about this horrible excuse of a game on their form and hopefully somebody see's it . =]

• Re: Since when was spawn trapping bad? MY opinion is...
    Rednecksniper39

Didn't read to many words. Spawn trapping is bad because it is a cowards tactic. You can't win you gun fights 1v1 so you make it so the other team doesn't have a chance to shoot back.

scolia5044

Rednecksniper39 wrote:

Didn't read to many words. Spawn trapping is bad because it is a cowards tactic. You can't win you gun fights 1v1 so you make it so the other team doesn't have a chance to shoot back.

Couldn't be said any better

ShmanKs

spawn trapping in demo or dom required certain people watching outside of spawns if you go close to a spawn point they would spawn in a different place you are still given a chance to kill the spawn killers since you know where they will be each time you spawn.... so your one on one comment is completely irrelevant....its just stupid that they made it team death match with a bomb...if you are on offense its an automatic win if you are playing with a team...you spawn by the objectives more than the people who are on defense.

I don't really spawn trap because i play with randoms all the time. If your playing with a good team though and it just happends are you telling me your gonna be like come on guys i feel bad for them lets move away so they can get out. No i doubt it and it doesn't mean that he is literally catching them as soon as they spawn. He probably means his team has them trapped in one section of the map. If it happends to me yeah i get pissed. I also feel dumb for letting it happend though and pissed at my team of randoms for not being able to work together to get out of it.

TehSpeagles

Actually to be able to initiate the spawn trap you have to be able to win almost every 1v1 gun fight you face.  It takes plenty of skill and coordination to successfully force a team into their spawn...  as long as you're not sitting there aimed directly at the spawn point and kill as soon as they appear, you're fine.  You've vastly outplayed your enemy and both sides deserve to be in their respective positions.

Rednecksniper39

My point I'm trying to get at is that it doesn't show a whole lot of skill if you aren't giving the other tem more than 20 seconds at most to spawn and figure out where everyone one is and kill them. You will lose alot of respect for spawn trapping and probly get you avoided as a player.

TehSpeagles

Like I said, both parties deserve to be in their respective positions.  If you get spawn trapped it's because I'm better than you...  don't expect me to let up on you just because you can't kill me.  Getting spawn trapped is the result of many poor decisions and/or successively lost gun fights.  If you don't like it, get better...  avoiding players that are better than you is the weak man's way out.

that6uy420

so you mean to tell me that those who spawn into the game after it has started and those who are stuck in the spawn trap leave... leaving the new ones in the same position... you mean to tell me that they deserve it?  Grade A Douchebag right here.  As for the op and his rant about spawn trapping and having the other team spawn behind him....  your spawn trap team sucks...  maybe if you all knew how to control the map a little better you wouldn't have that issue now would you?

deucedouglas

Manipulating a broken game mechanic doesn't make you better than anybody. How does shooting people as they spawn mean you're better then them? Just because your team kills a couple of guys doesn't mean you now earn the right to not allow the team to live for more than one second.

That's ridiculous you shouldn't have to give anyone 20 seconds to figure out whats going on not even 10 seconds. If they don't realize whats going on after being killed the 2nd time they probably aren't that good and its probably the reason why they got spawn trapped. I'm not talking about literally having them in your sights as soon as they spawn now that is a bit ridiculous. The game shouldn't let something like that happend though. Like i said before too this is coming from someone that doesn't even really spawn trap.

I pretty much agree with everything TehSpeagles said and it's the other teams fault for letting it happend. Your almost sounding like the guys i hear whine about getting shot in the back. They're like you noob you have to shoot me in the back your bad. It's like wtf you think i'm seriously supposed to let you turn around. I'm not saying your whining just the point your trying to get across doesn't really make sense to me like the kids who say about getting shot in the back.

I'll be honest I gave up reading your post part way through as you are of the same mind as myself.

The spawning system in MW3 is awful, quite possibly the worst in any game ever (quite possibly due to the poor map design), if anyone ever played halo3 for example it takes team work and skill the spawn trap and when it gets overun the spawn point relocates (at which point you automatically know the location of your enemies).

People seem to believe that the current system is right WTF!!! My friends and I have always been COD fans yet we are all goin the way of BF3 due to the poor maps and horrible spawn deaths in MW3.

Its a sad day when a game goes downhill in comparison to its predocesssors but alas the COD collection seems determines to go the way of the dinosaurs. I would say that I cannot wait for black ops 2 but lets be honest they ruined what was good in mw2 to crete this game so odds are they will do the same next time round!!

Yes i agree 100% with the demolition statement. Since they changed the spawn its no fun anymore. I remember in MW2 when you would set up to make sure you would win.

But i dont agree with the DOM, its so easy to spawn trap in that. As long as you hold AB or BC and no body crosses the middle, the spawns should not change

Yes i agree 100% with the demolition statement. Since they changed the spawn its no fun anymore. I remember in MW2 when you would set up to make sure you would win.

But i dont agree with the DOM, its so easy to spawn trap in that. As long as you hold AB or BC and no body crosses the middle, the spawns should not change

I don't feel like re-typing stuff that i've posted in countless other topics about the same thing, so this recent post of mine will give you an idea of where I stand:

If the enemy is spawning close enough for you to knife them, then that spawn is obviously broken, which means that it's been glitched, which is agains the ToS. Everyone remembers Havana on Demo in Black Ops. They banned people for doing that, but not everyone else who spawn trapped in demo without being able to knife someone as soon as they spawned.

I'll give you some examples. In Dominaion on Dome, we cap C and B, so the enemy spawns at A. I camp at the stairs that lead to the dome and shoot people while they spawn inside and try to run out. That's perfectly fine, as they aren't continuosly spawning in my line of sight, or close enough to knife them, even though they spawn in an area with only 2 ways out, and me and my teammates are waiting right outside of those exits.

In Domination on Interchange, we cap C and B so the enemy has A. I lay prone and snipe at the hallway leading to A. I can't exactly see them spawn, but I know that they're spawning right around the corner.

I've racked up around 190 MOABs while I was 10th prestige doing stuff like this. People have reported me for boosting, cheating, and exploiting countless times, and I've never been banned or reset since I got this game at the midnight release. You know why? Because it's perfectly fine. By a lot of the whining bad kid's logic, they could call killing someone off of their tac insert boosting.

and that represents everything thats wrong with domination lol.

You'd rather play TDM and have the guy you just killed spawn 5 feet behind you?

Spawn trapping and a terrible spawn system aren't an either/or situation.

To me, spawn trapping itself is a sign of a flawed spawn system.  Spawn trapping should not be encouraged.  When you have a "capture locations for points" mode where people don't try to capture all the locations because it will actually make the game harder for them, then you have a bad spawn system (or a poorly designed game mode).  When you have modes where one team can pretty much just lock down the other team, and it is nearly impossible to fight back, then you have a bad spawn system.

But the alternative to spawn trapping isn't a messed up system where people spawn everywhere, including 5 feet behind you, right next to the spot they need to win a game, on top of their corpse, on top of two other players, or directly in the line of enemy fire.  You can make working spawn systems that avoid those failures without also encouraging spawn trapping.

As for MW3 specifically, it simply has a terrible spawn system.  Multiple aspects of map design (not just map size) combined with too few locations and the nature and speed of gameplay probably guarantees MW3's terrible spawn system.  Changing the spawn rules isn't going to make it work because it is fundamentally broken on multiple levels.

that6uy420

yes, I'd rather play a game instead of having twats sit and pick us off as we spawn.  If you know how to control the spawns in TDM.. you don't have them spawn behind you.  Back to what someone else said about skill being involved in spawn trapping... yeah, maybe the first few seconds of it.. after that skill is out the window and you are shooting fish in a barrel... no skill involved.

Back to your comment about moabs...  you've gotten 190 from picking people off right after they spawn...  pretty cheap if you ask me

Film_Not_Rated

MW2 spawn trap was a poor spawn system/exploting the spawns.

Its not bad, just frowned upon if you kill someone as soon as they spawn or within a few seconds, but if its just a spawn trap of keeping them looked down over a period of time I don't see it bad.

Didn't read your wall of text but I know for a fact that there are two different things being talked about here...one is obviously more legitimate than the other. What I think of is obviously the kind of spawn trapping where say in Dom you cap a certain two flags since enemies spawning at the other are easiest to hold down. Then there's the extremely cheap kind where you're literally aiming down the sights where they spawn. Either way spawn logic in this game is pretty terrible.

Rednecksniper39

I believe you are right. The spawn trapping I was talking about is the type where the other team literally has no chance to do anything. In the objective modes where you are holding a point is different from what I meant.

Arcane Skywolfe

and posts like the one ranting and raving a few posts up are the reason people that don't get high kills or are just beginning to go even get treated like they are nothing but garbage simply because they don't go 35-0 every match. spawn trapping happens. modern warfare 2 had it, Black ops had it and I am sure Cod4 had its share of it as well. all it takes to be able to do that in TDM is knowing where they might be coming out of. which deals with knowing the maps and being familiar with the routes and the spawns in general. where you start off may not always be where you end up spawning the next time around but it can be a pretty good indication unless the spawn is flipped. it isn't that hard to understand just takes a bit of time.

JetEye

Let me guess... you and your whole team use tactical insertions? So even if I do manage to kill one of you, you just respawn exactly where you need to to reinitiate the spawn trap?

Garbage.

Arcane Skywolfe

personaly? I don't use tactical insertion. it is called watching the minimap. a true "spawn trap" is sitting in a spawn and waiting for someone to respawn. if you look at how things are playes out. wherever you spawn there is always a particular way you HAVE to go through in order to get to where you need to go. on some game modes it is set, sometimes its not. TDM is really easy to tell where people are going to come out of. like I said, there is a such thing as not running around like a chicken with your head cut off and learning the routes which come from time on the game and knowing where people are going to likely come through. players for the most part are predictible. and there are ALWAYS places on every map no matter the map where someone is always gonna flood through. again. take the time to learn the maps and don't complain about them. things vary from gametype so what works in TDM won;t exactly work in kill confirmed. with Domination teams will spawn according to what flags they hold. there are usualy teo types of players in call of duty. those who are just good no matter what they do. and those who are good because they know how to outsmart their opponents. why should they have to be pentalised because they get the jump on you? you get better by getting beaten by people that are better than you are. plain and simple.

rlbl

I stopped reading the OP after the 1st 3 words were "It takes skill".  Totally useless argument

Back on topic:

Spawn trapping is fine, when it is a question of map control.  You do have to work to get that position.

Spawn killing (killing people as soon as they spawn) is exploiting a (bad) game mechanic and is a terrible way to play.  But too be honest, if someone spawned right in front of me... oyh yea I am gonna kill him...

At least that isn't spawn-camping in any way. Just the "wonderful" spawn system at work as usual. Was running through the long hallway in Underground and about to head up the steps to the open area and a guy spawns right in front of me when I'm about halfway up the bottom set of stairs and knife him just as I get up. Spawn-camping? Hardly. Wasn't expecting a guy to pop up in front of me and had no intention of waiting to see.

slap1i

Sitting in the spawn, ADS on a spot where they appear = BAD

Holding down the routes leaving the spawn area, and preventing the enemies from making their way back into the battle = Legit Tactic

I didn't feel like the Demo spawns were bad to begin with, and they didn't need to make such a drastic change.  Almost every game goes to overtime now, even when one team is clearly better than the other.  The bad team will eventually be given the objective through the new spawn system.

Arcane Skywolfe

slap1i wrote:

Sitting in the spawn, ADS on a spot where they appear = BAD

Holding down the routes leaving the spawn area, and preventing the enemies from making their way back into the battle = Legit Tactic

I didn't feel like the Demo spawns were bad to begin with, and they didn't need to make such a drastic change.  Almost every game goes to overtime now, even when one team is clearly better than the other.  The bad team will eventually be given the objective through the new spawn system.

Exactly. and holding down areas requires knowing the maps and routes. when you play long enough you know where peoiple are going to most likely come out of. if you spawn in one area. more than likely the chances are. the other team is going to spawn on the other side. it even says that in the maps. those are starting spawn points. honestly if you want to just have a specific set spawn point and have an "announcement" when the spawns change, go to gears of war 3. and if anyone would look at how often I actually go even in games. you would know that I don't very often. personaly I am a mover not a camper in one spot. but at the same time. I usualy know what areas to avoid and be able to get reasonable kills. if you can;t figure that out. go play something else.

W7PSK

If you want to be a spawn trapping kill whore go for it.

Just quit sending me pissy messages  about my leaving

Because My idea of fun isnt continually respawning to

pad your stats.

You're taking advantage of an already poor spawn system and allowing the enemies no chance to move.  You're just another one of the people using a cheap tactic that thinks they're a great player for doing so.  Gtfo, people like you ruin this game.

"It Takes Skill" . . . . . . . . hahahahahaha thank you I needed that one today.

atiredoldguy

So let me get this straight ........

Its ok for you to watch a spawn and kill the guy who has no clue where you are ............

But if someone spawns where you arent watching and kills you its bad?

LOLZAGANOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Please, what a load of crap. I don't care how you try and spin it, ANY form of spawn killing is just absolutely lame. Especially with MW3's totally broken spawning system. As a matter of fact, there should be 5 seconds of immunity when you spawn. That would put a stop to idiots like the OP.

I mean really, why play the game if that's all you want to do? It's just as bad, or worse, than using aimbot/hacks because you leave no chance to the victim. You just camp over a spawn point and open fire the second someone spawns? Between lag compensation and the normal delay before you even have control, the victim doesn't even have a chance. And you call that SKILL? ROFL. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just plain retarded.

Now, HOLDING positions, or DOMINATING flags, etc. That's a different thing. When your team work's together to hold down an area, AWAY from the spawn points, NOW that's skill and well played. But to just go around to all the spawn points and hold them, LAME as hell, period.

Val

thehunan

he did say how it was bad that you kill someone and they spawn behind you and kill you..... what the hell, he is the one that in a corner behind a spawn point so when you spawn in front of him he kills you and there is nothing you can do. just shows how good of a player he is. like he said it is hard to sit behind a spawn point and wait.

atiredoldguy

The only thing I think would really work well (and I'm sure if there is something I havent thought of ) is if you spawned in a dmz on each side of the map. No one could see in or out of the dmz, you couldnt fire in or out, you had say 8 seconds to get out or you die, and you could not get back in. ....... but you could get out of the dmz at any point along your one side ( or maybe 2 sides on small maps)

atiredoldguy

The only thing I think would really work well (and I'm sure if there is something I havent thought of ) is if you spawned in a dmz on each side of the map (each team has own side). No one could see in or out of the dmz, you couldnt fire in or out, you had say 8 seconds to get out or you die, and you could not get back in. ....... but you could get out of the dmz at any point along your one side ( or maybe 2 sides on small maps)

Mini map, killstreaks, radar, etc would not function until you stepped outside.

Arcane Skywolfe

and everytime a complaint is made about the way the game should be in one persons eyes, it ruins it for everyone else. if you would learn to play the game and learn what can be used to your advantage there wouldn't be a problem. getting killed by air support alot? use blind eye. want to become invisible to UAV, thermal etc? use assassin. if you can;t get consecutive kills all the time then use support as a killstreak package. honestly, everything is there if people would just stop complaining about every little thing and just learn to play the game the way it was meant to be played. while spawns can be fixed, you can also learn to use things to your advantage. doing so will result in a lot less complaints and alot happier gamers. if you play legit in the first place there shouldn't be a problem.

Spawn trapping is a skill and those who cant do it will bash and those who can will continue to. Its just like how quickscoping is a skill those who can do it will and those who cant wont. end of story.

Arcane Skywolfe

yup exactly. and complaints tend to happen like that gun is so overpowered because people continuiously get killed by it. Type 95, and striker are a prime example of that. although type 95 can be agreed on because the damage is so high for a three round burst weapon. but the striker? the striker in all honesty is no different than any other shotgun. its not a sniper rifle and not an assualt rifle. hell, even an SMG if someone is right in front of you is going to kill you enough said. there are always ways out of being trapped if you have a team good enough to work with. and if you aren't well, rely on hardcore then. now while the game does have its own set of flaws, there are things that can be worked around. the main problem that I see with modern warfare 3 isn't dealing with spawn trapping but people running lag switches. as far as quickscoping, it isn't that hard to do. I can do that with a Barrett 50.

Why is Spawn trapping bad? 

I think alot of people confuse the term spawn trapping, there's controlling spawns, so you no where your enemy is going too spawn and there's abusing a spawn system too boost your score / KD  .

On a game of Sabotage on the map mission a team of guys locked down the spawn spots.

They sat directly next too the spawn spots with Tactical Insertions under them so they wouldnt loose there spawn trap . As soon as some one spawned they were killed. Yes they worked this out well . But this cant be legal .

the Bomb sat idle in the middle of the map, they had NO intention of planting it.

It was Spawn , die , Spawn , die, Spawn , die. With out even a chance too fire a shot, move or even look around. I watched the kill cam, i saw 2- 3 players spawn and be instantly killed. You literally just moved from spawn too spawn dieing .  Every now and again id break free , but my team mates where still trapped with in this boost fest so i had little support and soon ended back with in the boost trap.  The guys doing the trap where playing for score .

At first i thought id try stick it out, so i could  at least capture this in my theater and ask BC if this was the right way too play .

But then i realised there was still some thing like 12 mins left, and at already 10-40 realised this would get very very ugly if i did as my deaths where litterally going up every couple of seconeds

And as soon as the MOAB went off we all backed out. Why let them then Cheat there way too double points !

So for the last few days ive watched this group of players Via Elite. Every day they have a big session on  Sabotage, on the map Mission . they dont play any thing else .

Why? because they no exactly where players spawn and can trap them, kill the game and boost there scores.

ive looked into the score boards, on nearly every occasion every one backs out.

Now 2 of the guys in the Spawn trapping team ive actually caught Boosting in HCKC , this i did manage too get on Vid . So there obviously into that sort of thing already.

I sent BC the details of the game in SAB, hopefully they can retrieve and view the game

If any one saw the Black Ops Havana Demolition Vid on you tube , this is what they where doing. Ok it probably does take skill too trap players in this way, that dosent make it right tho as your not giving the other team any chance what so every too fight back. Your Doing it too boost your score, get your MOAB as its the only way you would acheve it.

Thats in my opinion any way, and if BC can retreve that Sab game ill be astounded if they say thats OK

trialstardragon

Whaaa!!!! I can't spawn trap and be a demo god anymore!!! Its not fair!!! Change it back!!! let me be a demo god again!!! Let me be a spawn trapping kill farming demo god!!!111!! I cant play any other way!!!! I can be arsed to look behind me!!!111 I only want to look in front and kill those I have trapped!!11!!! Its funner this way for me!!!!! Make it fun for ME!!!! DO ITZ NOWZ!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

Pretty much that is all I got out of your post.

idc when i get spawn trapped cos 9/10 i get out of it, the issue is no one else on my team ever does, so though i try to stop it happening, if i get killed in that process it starts again. its next to impossible to do team ghames with randomers anymore.

Funniest comments in this thread ........

"spawn trapping takes skill ..... just like quickscoping"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breath*

bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Proof absolute that large parts of the CoD community are complete clueless cheap idiots that dont have a clue about gaming etiquette and fair play and common decency!!

And these people are the future of our planet? Welcome to Extinction, population - Earth!!

spkTKay

I think they should add a point to the game´s coc as long as the spawn system isn´t changed....

Arcane Skywolfe

angrymeerkat wrote:

Funniest comments in this thread ........

"spawn trapping takes skill ..... just like quickscoping"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breath*

bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Proof absolute that large parts of the CoD community are complete clueless cheap idiots that dont have a clue about gaming etiquette and fair play and common decency!!

And these people are the future of our planet? Welcome to Extinction, population - Earth!!

lmao. Quick scoping isn;t hard.never has been. as for spawn trapping effectively. it does take a bit of skill in a way but tac inserts? lol just deny the insert. there have been numerous times I have been in games where I have seen enemy inserts that I just smash em. my favorite gametype is kill confirmed but I can play just about anything. although I will say this to all who choose to complain about game mechanics etc. how many of you actually play hardcore? or do you just stick to core and complain about what you could see if you would A just look at the minimap to see where team mates locations are. and B open the full thing up to see where enemies are coming out of. try playing hardcore a few times where you have to rely on yourself and nothing else to help you. it will make you more aware of your surroundings guaranteed.