30 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 9:17 PM by LuisDelgado RSS

What's up with founder status?

rwcgillam

I've read on the xbox forum that a lot of premium members are being bumped up to founder status, even though they bought it after deadline.

1.  Is it only xbox people who are getting this? I haven't heard of any PS3 people saying they've been bumped up to founder status.

2.  Who is entitled to it?

3.  Why is it being done?

It doesn't affect me, I bought premium elite in November, so I already had founder status, but it could affect some friends who are not active in this forum and may not know about it.

• Re: What's up with founder status?

My theory is I'm entitled to founder status because I originally bought it on the PS3, but Activision told me to jog on and buy it again for Xbox 360; mainly because the PS3 version sucks like hell due to lack of support from the developer.

rwcgillam

Upon further research, it appears it may be a glitch.  I have at least 2 people in my clan who were founders and now are not.

I urge you all to be careful, as Elite has a tendancy to give you something via glitch, then punish you for using it.  Much like the NFL commissioner...

Thanks for the heads up. We're currently looking into the issue. Any information we say regarding the issue should be treated as official. If another member of the forum sheds light on or has his own theory, please do not treat it as an official statement.

rwcgillam

Aware that you are looking into the issue.  I need some guidance regarding this. 

I had 2 people join my clan since the founder fiasco. I know they were premium, but can't tell if they are founders for real b/c of the issues currently going on. I have not been able to contact them because I am out of town and do not have access to PS3 to message them. 

Anyway, the clan got 500 points for each of them (1,000pts.) I have worked hard to keep my clan clean and honest, but this was beyond our control. I do not want to get my clan banned or whatever b/c of this. Once you guys get this sorted out, if it turns out they are not founders, but instead victims of the problems with elite,

1. will you automatically take the points back? or
      2. If the points will not be subtracted automatically, is there a way I can notify you and ask you to delete the 1,000 points from our clan xp?

Please answer as I am not sending anymore clan invites until I hear from someone.

codbig_boss

ya they tweeted this

@codbigboss Not everyone's getting Founder status. We're aware of a possible issue & investigating. We'll tweet as soon as we have an update

People found some way to trigger the glitch, this clan for example went from lvl 8 to 13 in 2 days... All of them appear to be founder all of the sudden.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/98704 (PS3)

RicardoK

I dont think they will take action, if u are premium and suddenly become founder and join a clan they will get 500 clan xp. Same if u are already in a clan , leave and rejoin u get the founder xp.

Its too much work to sort this out, not everyone has bad intentions.

Thats how it works, nothing to trigger.

gallp13

Great ! We are told nothing but the Community seem to have pieced together that;

1. BH appears to have made some sort of change.

2. This introduces an error where some but not all premium members get Founder Status.

3. Some Folks work out a glitch to get Founder and 500xp giving some clans a huge unfair advantage.

And all we get for 3 days is....we are looking into this.......!

This is getting out of hand.....someone at BH needs to explain;

1. What happened.

2. When it will be fixed

3. What will the fix will be

Do they;

1.Down grade new founders and take back xp and bring back a level playing field between the clans?

2. Or Up grade all premium to new Founder and hand out xp? How is fair to current clans who have not recruited Premiums?

3. What compensation is given to original and loyal or what some are calling True Founders? These Folk don't what xp or trinkets they feel duded because they will have lost a sense of exclusivity if Premium become new Founders. These guys will new GOLD FOUNDER status. Exclusive emblem and 500xp like new Founders.

4. What bans do IW and or XLB hand to glitches as ToC for both are potentially violated by glitchers by this type of glitching.

Xbl support will probably have an answer the gliitching part as they are normally sharper oncommunication, service and fixes for the CoD Community.

Not looking pretty....we will need a statement today!

codbig_boss

Ya we did the same They have no idea what is goin on

rwcgillam

I'm telling my clan members that we are not exploiting this.  If anyone in our clan got founder status because of whatever is going on and leave the clan, they will not get an invite back until either this is straightened out or there is an announcement that Activision did indeed reward founder status to these people.

I do have two people that I knew were premium when I sent the invite, which was sent the day before all this happened, but they didn't accept until the day it happened.  I don't know if they were founders or not before this because I didn't ask, but I did know they were premium and we did get points when they joined.  I haven't been able to get in touch with them to ask them, but even if I did ask them, there's nothing I can do to get rid of the points. 

codbig_boss

How is it our fault though. We did nothing to make this happen just sign on to Elite and BAM founder status.

rwcgillam

It's not our fault.  It's theirs.  But they don't take responsibility for anything, and I just don't trust Activision, Infinity Ward, Beachhead, or any of them after all that has happened. 

They won't tell us what is going on, they won't fix things, things keep screwing up and we are left totally and completely in the dark.  Every new thing they do causes problems.  Don't they have people who test these things?  That's what a "Test Environment" is used for.  Have you noticed that on the clan page they now have icons to tell you if someone is Premium and Premium Founder?  I'll bet you whatever they did to implement that feature caused the founder status problem.

What's even more frustrating is there are no news articles or reports or updates from anyone. Search the web and the only negatives you see are from users.  Developers, reporters, etc., are just reporting good things.  More drops, fixing lag, you asked for it so we are nerfing this.  

rwcgillam

Any update on this issue?

codbig_boss

Ya they not giving it to free members just premium.

Quite a few people in my clan did this. However, we did not know it was a glitch we thought it they were giving everyone a "bonus" because clan ops is such a failure. I would hate to see my clan punished for some sort of misunderstanding.

gallp13

Everybody knows that this issue was in play and so if they get fake Founder status they should not cash in 500xp and give their clans an unfair advantage. This is not right or fair!

I reckon clans who have done this by accident should own up like you have so they don't get punished for glitching.

Thanks for your honesty, I hope your clan does not suffer or get get punished.

codbig_boss

You have to sign in to COD elit. I had 20 people do it already.

I received founder status about a week ago and now it has vanished. Been elite since May2011 but didn't get premium till week after deadline.

Ho hum.

Easy come, easy go!!

someone explain this to me then because SOMETHING WEIRD happened to me. i bought MW3 i Nov when it came out (i didn't pre order) and i downloaded the free version of CoD elite on Nov 11, and i didn't actually buy the premium membership until jan 23rd. and the i signed on to MW3 an couple days ago (either Mar. 13-14) and i now have 2 hours of double XP( i didn't use a token) and 1 new title and 1 new emblem, the title was the word ELITE in green bordering and the emblem was a grey skull missing the top right portion of his skull. Intrigued by this i signed onto CoD Elite form my Xbox to find above the skull in the red circle i see THE GREEN SKULL with the word FOUNDER beside it. now i swear im not a hacker and i have NO IDEA how this happened,  i wouldn't be mad if they took it away from me becuase i didn't rightfully deserve it,  i got in by random when i signed on a few days ago,  would this have to do with this GLITCH you guys are talking about?

I only bought ELITE for my PS3 a week ago and for some reason I have founder status. Does anyone think it could be the reason my DLC content wont work even though I have tried absolutely everything?

I have not got my stuff from being a founder of elite member foe buying the harder mw3 gaame. whats up with that?? I want what i payed for.

LuisDelgado

My theory is that they wanted to give the title,emblen and winter camo to whoever got the premium membership before the maps came out, and the only way was making them founders