22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 8:42 AM by Izjar11 RSS

On Domination and the C - Word

Izjar11

Morning COD,

I don't play much Domination (just not my thing) well I played yesterday for the Wicked dominator tourney, and I realized how bad I do against the defending objectives game play. Another thing I found curious was people calling each other (more than usual) campers because they were defending the flag points. How ironic is it, that you play a objective based game, which requires a defensive game style your called a camper. Its funny COD, that we use this word to excuse one's lack of getting the kill. My point is > I will continue to play KC, TDM you domination folks are all cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

• Re: On Domination and the C - Word
    wridtrvlr

Most people that play DOM are only going for the kills.  I can't count the number of YouTube videos up where a guy thinks he is super bad for getting a MOAB, yet they did it on an objective based game without capping any of the objectives...

Super easy to get a MOAB in a DOM match b/c if you cap 2 of the flags there is only one more spot the enemy can be coming from.

Anyway's, back to your point, if capping the objectives and then defending them is camping then I guess I am a camper as well.

Playing the game well doesn't make people campers in dom...

"Defending" the one flag your team owns while being content to lose as long as your kd doesn't suffer makes you a camper in dom.

Squatting at a flag that isn't yours when your team only has one flag to get kills, a killstreak, and proceed to still not cap a second flag makes you a dom camper.

..and so on..

TD or TDM = QS Wannabee's

KC = ^ see above.. with the accational AR

DOM-DEMO-HQ is great when playing with a good team/friends

i assumed the c word was c4 because i kill so many guys going for flags with it

rlbl

I find it too funny that people are ashamed/offended by being called a camper.

Call it defending

Call it patrolling

Call it what you want (even camping)

Who the Hell cares (if you do care, grow a pair).

opb81

I love being called a camper in dom or really any objective mode really, It gives me the chance to appolgize sarcastically to that person for not making the game easier for them, and making it tough for them to cap an objective. When I play with my group we dont cap 3 just hold our two favorite spots and then defend, makes for easy wins and provides the ability to killwhore a little bit without losing site of the objective. Demo was notorious for this before they screwed up the spawns, when we were defending the bombs equated to being called camper. Then when the sides flipped and we go on full rush mode they have no idea what hit them.

IMO it is all about adapting to game mode and who you are going against.

Now what I will never understand is the guy who hides in some random spot and does not move when his team is losing an objective game mode. I saw a dude lay prone in the waterfall on village an entire dom game when they were down 0-3 the whole match. He went 5-5 0 caps 0 defends. I sent a message and asked why he bothers playing the game? His response of course was u mad bro. No but welcome to my block list

Izjar11 wrote:

Morning COD,

I don't play much Domination (just not my thing) well I played yesterday for the Wicked dominator tourney, and I realized how bad I do against the defending objectives game play. Another thing I found curious was people calling each other (more than usual) campers because they were defending the flag points. How ironic is it, that you play a objective based game, which requires a defensive game style your called a camper. Its funny COD, that we use this word to excuse one's lack of getting the kill. My point is > I will continue to play KC, TDM you domination folks are all cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Look - the way I see it, there are two legitimate ways of playing Domination. The first is to hold flags and defend them and the other is to run around and continuously capture flags.

One is like molassas sliding down a gentle slope and the other is like the 1992 Dream Team.

The problem with Domination in MW3, lies in the layout of the maps. In Black Ops, the flags were in fairly level areas for the most part and defending yourself while capping meant looking out for people coming through entrances to the area. In MW3, there are so many vantage points to flags. For each flag, there are probably 3x the number of spots that a person can be killed from compared to Black Ops. That is why I look down upon people who sit in one location and "defend" the objective. This game is so stacked against offensive play that it's painful at times to play.

scumbaggah

@ sml That fact is what should drive people to cap flags asap,  it's no secret that defending is alot easier than capturing, so why let them get the flag in the first place? I am always skipping the easy first cap and go straight for B (depending on the map) and if I get it then it's pretty much GG  cos I ain't gonna let it go. I could care less whether i get called a camper for defending a flag, It's their own fault for letting me get it. Why should I be looked down on?

At the start of domination it says"capture and defend objectives" If you're running around continuously capturing then you're not playing Dom the right way.

scumbaggah wrote:

At the start of domination it says"capture and defend objectives" If you're running around continuously capturing then you're not playing Dom the right way.

Well I disagree with your statement that there's a "right" way to play Dom. Some would state that the proper way to play football is to grind down the other team and hold whatever lead one can manage to get. Others try and score as many points as possible. At the of the day, whatever playstyle leads to a win is the proper way to play.

Defending flags is a hell of a lot easier in MW3 than in previous CoDs. That's why there's complaining about objective camping. And a large part of that has to do with map design. There is only a small area from which one can cap a flag. In MW3, there's a massive area from which one can protect a flag and area that is larger than most CoDs due to multiple vantage points to the objective, several floors, etc..

i thought camping was generally ok or at least it felt ok in Black Ops.. in fact i enjoyed campong in Black Ops.. but in MW3 it just does'nt feel right.. yea i suppose if your close to a kill streak or if the LAG MONSTER is on your back you could try camping but i tend to have more fun running and gunning in MW3.. Modern Warfare always seems to have a nice run and gun feel to it as apposed to try(harder)arch ... in that cartoon graphical game i think camping was the norm.. Remember the days of the Silenced Galil with Ghost lol..

Izjar11

@ legend that is an interesting topic, has camping changed for the better or worse? Oh an personally the galil and M16 were my go to rifles when in a rut!

Izjar11 wrote:

@ legend that is an interesting topic, has camping changed for the better or worse? Oh an personally the galil and M16 were my go to rifles when in a rut!

i would say it depends on your game and how its playing out.. if your 2 kills away from a nuke or a high powered KS you would be a fool to run and gun in the open.. and to be honest there arnt many places to camp in MW3 if you want to just stay there.. defending is slightly different because you need to be in that area.. in the clan i play with we have started pushing the enemy back across the map so basically we hold a line.. this way its hard for the enemy to get out there area to push us back when playing domination.. we dont camp around the enemy base but we do hold a strong line just pass the B flag on most maps.. if the enemy want to win they need to capture either B or C and that is almost impossible when your holding a strong line.. plus your constantly getting out KS and sometimes MOABS.. you could class this as camping or just playing as a team covering each others back..

when i play on my own i tend to flank more but when i go up against a good team its almost impossible to win.. you either die alot trying to push forward or you just do your best and pick enemy off 1 by 1..

if your on about TDM and camping without having to mark an area or hold capture points etc.. i would say yea move around but even then TDM gives you more of an option to hang around and move slower.. i love to run and gun on my own but when im in a team i play for the team win and not only cover my wingman but also get the captures and hold them if possible..

the clan im in are finding there feet at the moment and we are only on level 10 but we are getting there and playing like we do im sure it wont take long to rank up..

as for camping in general i still say treyarch games had a more comon feel for this for some reason.. maybe its the vegitation maps etc.. where you could hide in a bush or something where as most of the MW3 maps are in some sort of built up street area..

gmir9

I was called a camper the other night playing domination on hardhat while holding down A flag I got 10 kills there before they got me with a nade.

But hey isn't it what we are supposed to do to hold your flags?