21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 7:26 AM by ELITE_Help RSS

dlc crashes??

napalm warlord

does anyone out there know why every time i try to play elite playlists or it tries to load certain maps it crashes,i have to keep turning my x box off? i have just had my disc cleaned at game and that hasnt done a thing, and all my other games work fine?

• Re: dlc crashes??

I had this on Black Ops try clearing the cache on your xbox hard drive.  The worked for a short while for me then when MW3 came out my xbox would not load it at all even though other games were fine.

In the end I bought a new xbox as I still had the old type and now it runs great.

napalm warlord

thanks, i tried emptying the cache, still does the same, tried it with my sons account does it on that too, i have a 360s 250 gig, its doin my nut in, just hit prestige 8 level 43 an now cant play it, fml

You could try deleting the dlc maps and then downloading them again that might help.

Is it just the elite playlists that have problems? 

My guess is that it is an xbox problem rather than a game problem but you could try Activision support to help with the game, or also xbox support to maybe get a repair.

Activision

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home2.php

Xbox

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/repair/repair-process

Hope it helps.

napalm warlord

thanks a lot, im just in the middle of re downloading the dlc, at the moment it works on certain playlists, but on certain maps it starts to load then stops when the bar is 3 quarters loaded, overwatch and arkaden are the worst ones, everytime on them,ive cleared the cache, deleted most of the saved files downloaded the game to the hard drive. :/

napalm warlord

re downloading the dlc didnt do it either??? fml,

Ah that sucks!!

The last thing you could try is a different disc to see if you still get the problem, if you dont know anyone that has one you can borrow you could rent one from Blockbuster.

What you are saying is exactly what Black Ops did for me loaded about 3 quarters of the bar and then just stopped, the rest of the my party were in game and I had to turn off the xbox and on again.

I hate to say it but once I got a new xbox everything worked fine, I have played Black Ops since and never had the loading bar stop with the same disc and no problems with MW3.

Check if you have warranty on your xbox still and get on the phone to them for a repair.

napalm warlord

cheers, will try that,i dont think my warrenty is still going, had my x box since release date, the maps that seem to not work online work on survival and paivate match, but online it gives up :/ haha,doomed, thanks for all ya help though,will let ya know how i get on,

Hello Napalm Warlord,

If you are finding the game is crashing on maps that are local to the disc (Arkaden), this most likely is going to be an issue with;

1. Data on the console

2. The disc

3. The console itself

If you have already cleared the cache, I recommend that you go to Multiplayer > Local > Split-Screen and try those specific maps in offline mode.

Also, trying the disc on a different XBox 360 will allow you to figure out if the issue is the disc or the console.  If the disc has the exact same problem on another console, than there may be some damage to the disc.  However, if the game loads perfectly fine on a different XBox 360, then you may need to get your XBox 360 maintenanced.

If the disc is damaged, we can offer you a replacement, regardless of if you are in or out of the 90 day warranty.  Please see http://warranty.activision.com for more information.

napalm warlord

tried it on split screen online, it works fine, the minute i try to play online solo it crashes?????

napalm warlord

just tried my friends disc that does it too, so still dont know why its doing it, :/

Well i guess you have narrowed it down to the console, you could try deleting all MW3 data not just dlc but then you would have to do single player again but worth a try.

Since your xbox is in warranty i would get on the phone to Microsoft and get them to check and repair it.

Hopefully it does not take too long to get it fixed must be driving you mad not being able to play!!

napalm warlord

seems so, but still cant understand how most of the other maps work, but arkaden, and overwatch crash every single time? twistin ma melon man :/

Have you tried to install the disk on to the hard drive of your xbox 360? Follow the instructions on the link below.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/manage-game-library

Let us know what happens.

napalm warlord

yes i have tried installing it on the hard drive,the maps that dont work are now, arkaden, overwatch and downturn,all the others have no problems, and i never had any problems untill the last update,tried emptying the cashe, tried deleting all the data, tired of playing the same maps about now,

At this point, you're going to need to test your disc in another console. If you find that the same thing happens on that other console, then the issue would most definitely be the disc.

You also mentioned you have taken your disc somewhere to have it cleaned. Are there any circular marks on that disc?

napalm warlord

no there are no marks on the disc, i have spent the last 7 hours today online with microsoft trying to figure out whats happening,i have also just downloaded the new map pack black box an the spec ops missions, they work fine,i also tried my profile and the dlc on my friends console and it worked fine, to make the pain even harsher, it was my old style x box i gave him cause i got the new 360 s 250 gig, regretting that quitw a lot right now, :/ doomed,

going to try another friends h.d.d in my console tomorrow to see if that works, if it dont i will be man down!!!!!

Damn that sucks, did Microsoft say they would take it in for check and repair?  If not I would get back on to them and get them to do it, its under warrenty so they should!

hope you get it fixed man!

napalm warlord

my warrenty has run out as i got it on release day,so they wont do anything, they said i should buy a new hard drive, :/ but to just shell out between 50 and 90 pound for a new hard drive is not an option at the moment, and to top it all off now, wih all the deleting and resetting steps microsoft gave me i have now lost all my forza 4 cars credits and level, and all my fifa 12 be a pro data, feel like crying wounded,

napalm warlord

well, seems there is no answer to why my x box crashes on certain maps,or certain stages of forza 4, microsoft dont know, tried a different hard drive, it did the same,tried my disc and profile on a different box, worked fine,so thanks for nothing microsoft,and microsoft will only look at it if i pay, looks like im not playin mw3 anymore,

Man that really sucks sorry to hear that!  It is rubbish that you only get 1 year warranty on xbox as it is obviously a hardware problem and they should fix it for you.

dont give up MW3 just yet hopefully I will see you online sometime!

I don't mean to sound redundant, but have you tried running a disc lens cleaner on your console?  Perhaps it could just be some dust/debris on your laser lens?  Hopefully this could help?