44 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 10:56 PM by Tick7 RSS

Just lost a customer ...I feel cheated!

I am angry that I am somrtimes placed in a game on an already losing team. I leave the game and accept the loss, however, when I try to enter into another game I am thrown back into the same losing game again I leave and am given another loss. And on occasion, it is repeated a third time.  This is totally unfair and I am outraged that I can subsequently be given three losses in a row for one losing game.  Although it doesn't affect my KD, it does however directly affect my win/loss statistic. Again this is unfair and I feel cheated. I have lost approximately 60 - 70 games before I actually caught what was happening. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? Also, I only play Hardcore TDM and am angry that as a Gold member I can't play the game that I love without having to run the gammut of moshpit only to be out voted with DOM or Cap which are games I don't even play. Am I the only one feeling this?

• Re: Just lost a customer ...I feel cheated!

Well, instead leaving that game three times, stay, play it out, then the next game will be a new one. 

Zolite

I suppose it depends on what you believe about win/loss, technically you are correct it "should" not go against you, especially repeated ( which btw is even worse now with the new update, there is no such thing as leaving a game and trying to get in a new one, 4 -6 times you get returned to the same game or the same lobby... ( in canada anyways )

Is it happening? Yes, is it technically right? No, does win/loss matter to you? if so, this is not the game to care about it in.

Save your care for black Ops 2 or whatever it will be called and HOPE it will not share these issues MW3 and everyone can learn from what happened here.

Win loss is the most garbage statistic.

Let's be realistic, the average player is going to have a w/l below one if they mostly run solo. It's really an indicator of how much you play in a party.

The thing is, if w/l didn't exist, everyone would quit all the time. The problem is, the people who frequently quit probably don't care about w/l at all.

dedicatedserversplease

Esy wrote:

Win loss is the most garbage statistic.

Let's be realistic, the average player is going to have a w/l below one if they mostly run solo. It's really an indicator of how much you play in a party.

The thing is, if w/l didn't exist, everyone would quit all the time. The problem is, the people who frequently quit probably don't care about w/l at all.

I happen to disagree with you. If you are a new player to COD or a player without friends, W/L is a stat that probably will not bode well for you.  If you play a game type such as SnD, and have been playing awhile, W/L shows alot.  If you have a 2.5k/d but your W/L is .98, you most likely are a garbage player who plays selfishly, and probably pulls the plug when you are about to lose or when you have a negative K/D.  Also these types of players will not attempt to get a defuse on the bomb if they are the last ones alive on their team and are facing multiple players on the other team.  Normally players with high k/d's have friends and play in parties, so w/l should be high.  In this effect, W/L shows alot about what type of player you are.  I have played COD since 2003, if someone cant maintain a W/L over 1.0 even while playing by themselves, that isnt very good.

The excuse for garnering multiple losses just means you keep trying to find lobbies that you can do well in instead of getting in a lobby and trying to run a lobby by yourself.  I play about 4 hours a night when I play, and when I play, the only time I leave a lobby is if I am picking someone up or someone drops out.  Other than that, there are nights where I am in the same lobby for 4 hours straight, no need to keep backing out like a kid with ADD.

I play DOM solo all the time. My w/l is 1.10 i think and my k/d is 1.17. So i like to think i can def be a game changer. There's times where i completely hold up my team ill have like 4-5k score and the second highest person on my team will have something like 1.5-2k. Sometimes you do get them completely trash teams though and even with scores like that you still lose.

Theres times i've had like 40-50 kills and ill get the accolades for the most points captured, highest k/d, longest killstreak, and most kills but my team still ends up losing. It makes me so pissed especially when i see a kid with almost as many kills as me and he has half my score. I'd take a kid going 10-25 with 5-10 caps any day over kill whores who think they're good.

@ OP sorry for going off topic a lil bit

Yes this happens very very often. as for just staying in the game there is about a 1 in 4 chance of getting sent to a party/clan lobby were the enemy team is going to win every game because you’re stuck with the non party players who get 1/15 or 3/32. Leaving a lobby because you got sent into a losing match is completely reasonable, getting thrown back in as many as 3 times (my record) is bs. It goes to show that no matter how good you and your team are you will never have a X/0 W/L. i may not be a great player, above avrage at times but not great, but i think it would be fair to allow great players the opertunity to have a fighting chance at a perfect W/L

A nice change would be an option to only join out of game lobbies, games that are in intermission. Tones of players would not care but tones of players would love this.

For some reason, I keep being kicked from games. I don't know why or how. I'll play a game, or two, and all of a sudden I not only get disconnected from the lobby, but from Xbox live. Is this happening to anyone else. First, being unable to find matches, now when I find a game, I am kicked from it.

josh1073

ive had the best one i was looking for a game of sabo put me in a game on highrise the enemy planted there was 10 seconds on the clock. I quit then looked again put me in favela 10 seconds on the clock i looked for another game put me in afghan 6 seconds on the clock and this happend another 4 times. there needs to be a point were no one can join.

Dashboard

I hate this too. I noticed the game groups together all the players with the most xp after a match. So you either end up on the crappy side if you didn't play a match or if you came in late and have low xp you're automatically placed on the losing team.

Only way to change this is to play yet another losing match because of your crappy team mates so you can finally score high enough xp to make it on the good team (on the current lobby) The fun starts allover if you leave the lobby.

This is the most idiotic match making scheme ever. Instead of really balancing out the teams 1 by 1 by player stats/kdr the teams are put together in a lazy and unfair way. It also makes people leave early/fast once they see their team mates suck.

I realize people can be in groups of up to 6 or more people in a private party and they can drag a whole group like this and make it 1 team basically that never changes, whether they are good or bad. Overall matchmaking should be made more fair and balance teams by actual stats and not previous match xp earned.

starbuckfrack

RAWJEEP wrote:

I am angry that I am somrtimes placed in a game on an already losing team. I leave the game and accept the loss, however, when I try to enter into another game I am thrown back into the same losing game again I leave and am given another loss. And on occasion, it is repeated a third time.  This is totally unfair and I am outraged that I can subsequently be given three losses in a row for one losing game.  Although it doesn't affect my KD, it does however directly affect my win/loss statistic. Again this is unfair and I feel cheated. I have lost approximately 60 - 70 games before I actually caught what was happening. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? Also, I only play Hardcore TDM and am angry that as a Gold member I can't play the game that I love without having to run the gammut of moshpit only to be out voted with DOM or Cap which are games I don't even play. Am I the only one feeling this?

You make the choice of leaving the game. YOU roll the dice . so if it comes up snake eyes most of the time then you shouldnt roll the dice.

You getting in three losing games, even if they are the same game is because YOU left a game three times.

You are causing your own problems. You are adding to the problem that you created when you quit a game OR leave a lobby.

I am outraged that people leave a game or a lobby.

Lobbies or game with fewer people get filled first because people like you leave them and try to go elsewhere. Its a constant cycle that only YOU can prevent.

Games companies like Activision and Microsoft dont WANT people like you in their games. Thats why they give you a loss for leaving and thats why MS has the AVOID button for people that quit a game.

so now you are going to quit the series just like you quit the game. All for the action that YOU decided to do.

Too many quitters in this world. People just need to man up and at least attempt something instead of just walking out the door.

You are obviously a poor reader much like my typing skills (lack thereof). You missed where I said I only play hardcore tdm as well as the part that said I am placed in a game (on an already losing team)? first of all i dont play DOM, CTF, or HDQ. Did you catch it that time? so when i am placed in one of those games, i leave.i accept that loss (even though i dont agree with it), but my complaint centered around being placed back (repeatedly) into the same game and receiving subsequent losses. There is nothing fair about that..PERIOD! When I win, I don't get three wins for it.  It would seem to me to apply one win or loss per game PERIOD.  Now if you didn't understand that, then u are either dense or have an unfair mentality within, in either case u probably don't see anything wrong with cheating either and probably do so.  My complaint was posted in the hopes of receiving a response from an intelligent reader with a similar situation and conviction for fairness.  Although I realize that I opened myself up to the public at large, I totally didn't want the response of an idiot, particularly one with a superiority complex thinking he is God's gift to XBOX. In the future if you have something positive to say that may possibly help others then browse around and find you another idiot who knows...u two guys may even get married later.

starbuckfrack

RAWJEEP wrote:

You are obviously a poor reader much like my typing skills (lack thereof). You missed where I said I only play hardcore tdm as well as the part that said I am placed in a game (on an already losing team)? first of all i dont play DOM, CTF, or HDQ. Did you catch it that time? so when i am placed in one of those games, i leave.i accept that loss (even though i dont agree with it), but my complaint centered around being placed back (repeatedly) into the same game and receiving subsequent losses. There is nothing fair about that..PERIOD! When I win, I don't get three wins for it.  It would seem to me to apply one win or loss per game PERIOD.  Now if you didn't understand that, then u are either dense or have an unfair mentality within, in either case u probably don't see anything wrong with cheating either and probably do so.  My complaint was posted in the hopes of receiving a response from an intelligent reader with a similar situation and conviction for fairness.  Although I realize that I opened myself up to the public at large, I totally didn't want the response of an idiot, particularly one with a superiority complex thinking he is God's gift to XBOX. In the future if you have something positive to say that may possibly help others then browse around and find you another idiot who knows...u two guys may even get married later.

Typical reply of a child. Great assumptions there that I am a cheater because I state you made the choice to leave. As well as the fact you are calling me dense, retarded, whatever. Really shows your intellect right there.

I am not Gods gift to xbox. I am what you call a man. I dont blubber over the choices I make and blame others.

If I am in a match where there are games in the list I dont like then its simple. I play ANOTHER GAME. If you like HC TDM then go play Private Matches.

Typical whining quitters are well known to blame others why they quit. Like its not your fault. You still cant accept the fact that you made the choice to leave.

It doesnt take a guy with brains to figure that when you get put into a game you will 99.9 percent of the time into a losing game. Now why is that ? Because winners dont quit.

The reason you got put into a losing game is because that is the way it has been in every COD game. Dont like it then play another game.

You wwant to know why you get put in a losing game. Because other losers just like you quit.

I am not a poor reader. You mentioned you get tired of being put into a losing game....

"I am angry that I am somrtimes placed in a game on an already losing team. I leave the game and accept the loss, however, when I try to enter into another game I am thrown back into the same losing game again I leave and am given another loss. And on occasion, it is repeated a third time."

Simple solution. Dont quit. You not only accept the loss you accept the roll of the dice. If you do it five or ten times and get unlucky then even an idiot would accept the reality not to do it anymore.

I am not the idiot. I am not here crying over a decision that I made in something as simple as a video game. I am not here crying because I am mad at something so insignificant as a video game. If I was to get tempormental over something worth it I would be angry that I woke up late for work, or got yelled at by my boss, or my car broke down, or my dog messed up my brand new rug.

But to get angry enough at a VIDEO GAME and still carry that anger over to a public forum typing and crying over it, well I am not that much of an idiot.

Maybe if you acted like more of an adult and posted like an adult you might have gotten a more adult response. But since you didnt then you got the response you deserve.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions for once in your life.

zingaa

RAWJEEP wrote:

You will be back, we both now that, so stop pouting like a child

Here's what I don't understand... You know you're going to lose if you stay. You know you're going to lose if you leave... Why not just stay, take the loss, or perhaps rally a team, and then be in a lobby for the next match? An L is an L, take it like a man, lol

starbuckfrack

riptide789 wrote:

Here's what I don't understand... You know you're going to lose if you stay. You know you're going to lose if you leave... Why not just stay, take the loss, or perhaps rally a team, and then be in a lobby for the next match? An L is an L, take it like a man, lol

I know.

Its like my favorite Drop Zone. I play for Drop Zone points, thats how you win. Even if my team were killfarming or just not playing the game properly (like killfarming right outside the drop zone getting no points ) the LEAST I could to to prove myself as a man is to be one of the top two players in the objective score.

It shows more of a man when you lose a baseball game 10 to 4 and you on your own scored 3 runs than if you turn your tail and run home.

When you leave the game it tells you will get a loss. So if you choose he YES option then IW is not at fault for your choosing YES.

rossonero23

Sorry to here you are getting kicked offline, I can assure you its not the game.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

When that page shows even ONE issue, it can still mean you will have other problems. Just because it says you can play games fine, dont believe it.

XBL has had this issue for at least two days.

Try following all of these suggestions and looking on the net for more issues like this regardless of the game. Even if its a minor thing or you did it before still try to do it over again.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/connecting/performance

Also any changes you may have made such as packet sizing etc. Change them back to the way they were if you did play around with them. sometimes the Devs updates were meant to work with settings unchanged.

PM me if you want or even PM maccabi on the connection issues.

Black Ops put me back into the same game 16 times... lol

Yes this issue really Ps me off too...

Crackhedpete

Apologies for digging old posts up after they have been dead for months... But, I too have this problem also. I'm a Ligit player, I could give 2 craps about my stats (I'm not a computer nor do I strive to be... I'm human and accept my human stats), however; this mechanic is total junk. Matchmaking should lead to constructive groups, not WASTE MY TIME. (enjoy the caps) It's a waste to repatedly stick me somewhere I OBVIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO BE. And, I WILL LEAVE AGAIN. Make whatever excuses you want about ppl leaving for one reason or anouther, I realy don't care. I'm not the best, I don't want to be. I DO however; expect to get what I paid for (ELITE MEMBER). I expect to be treated by THE COMPANY fairly and with respect. OBVIOUSLY, No Admin/GameMod has chimed in here, so it's unlikely that it will happen with what I have to say either. As with the original poster I am a LOST CUSTOMER, only I have a family pack that gets used by 4 members of my family (myself the primary) and I will NOT renew ELITE nor buy future copies of this or any other COD title.

MW3 is truely a thankless title even after I paid extra for more content. I do not recomend nor condone the matchmaking practices. If my friends were not here I wouldn't play at all. I will NOT stay in a group in which I'm overly outmatched nor should I be expected to be. (Especialy against clan groups) I will offer a suggestion seeing as whoevers' job it is to figure this mess out is failing at it.

*Offer MORE MORE MORE options for playing as a solo player as an ELITE MEMBER! I cannot choose to not play against Grouped members to self-reduce potentialy unfair gameplay (some clans/groups fail enough on thier own).

*MORE mono-gametype playlists!!! WTF with the "3 Elite Playlists" already!!! If you need to free up server usage. PUNISH THE NON-ELITE, Not your Primium Members. Stop making up for lack of Elite Players with restraints to playlists. I'd rather you give content away free than have 3 choices when I play Elite maps.

I don't want a reply (especialy TryHard advice)unless you are offering a refund. Please just fix your game so I can discontinue regretting making these purchases.

that6uy420

so.. same question for you?  How long do you wait before jumping into another match?  Do you knee-jerk reflex just leave the match and immediately go into another?  Tryhard, really?  So we are just talking to a child here and I'll go ahead and assume that you did the typical knee-jerk drop and immediately look for another match.  How about next time leave the match and give it a minute before looking for another one... 9.9 times out of 10.. you won't get put back in that lobby

Craigz0121

Just deal with it, youve lost 60+ games due to this?

Ive lost over 2000 games due to this problem

xblbw

This happens to me also.

Rational Response:What I think is happening is, theoretically the game is matching you with the best game possible based on some criteria (I assume connectivity).

The program that perfoms this task, is the same each time. And if the input variables don't change (because of the short amount of time between searches), the result is the same.

MW3 LagRage Response: You are being punished for leaving the game, and you should throw your controller.

lol, as others have said, simply put your controller down for a short time after leaving a game.

smokesdope

If your really bothered about win/lose just don't join the game . Just stay in spectator and you will be kicked with no loss. Then try and join a lobby that has just started .

You're mad that you are given a loss and tossed back into the SAME game, after you LEFT your team? Howabout ride it out and quit being a worthless teammate.

combatvetizaf

There is a point where you enter a game and it doesn't count for you, win or lose - but I'm not sure what it is, and I'm not sure if it's based on time or score.

If I enter a lobby with a losing team, I just gut it out, accept the loss and start fresh on the next game.  The problem is that so many people rage quit there is a constant rotation of players.  This is especially bad if you are playing a clan or communicating team.

You can't expect to do well or turn things around if you are constantly bouncing around lobbies.  If you leave a lobby and automatically search for another match, odds are you are just going to wind up there again.  If you HAVE to leave, wait a minute before trying to find another game or switch modes.

Load another game mode, exit before it finds a game, then play. If that fails then kill yourself. Tuck the string too.

Crackhedpete

The point is not to circumvent the mechanic, it's to have the mechanic fixed or replaced. I fully comprehend that leaving a "team" (i say that loosly - there are no "teams" in COD) is damaging to it's effectivness; but let's be serious here, a wash is a wash. "Dashboarding", waiting the 10 seconds, switching lobbies and any other ways to circumvent an unneeded mechanic is cluttering the situation for no reason. EG. If I don't want to play with TryHards, I leave... this isn't because I'm disgracing the 8 ppl that happen to have rolled the same server and game I landed in, to the opposite. I don't care one once of piss about a singe one of you. And the feeling is mutual.

I'm here to "play a game"! Holy crap! What a concept! Like I tell my son; If you arn't having fun, then it's "NOT A GAME". I didn't shell out $60 to feel like crap, you shouldn't either. I will and have used methods to leave TryHards to their TryHarding and it works every time. *Spoiler* It'll keep working too!

As I originaly said, my comments are for the developers. This is thier problem, not yours. They are loosing my money, not you. Reinterating: It's because I don't know nor care to know you. That said, I hope you are enjoying the game. Hope to See you and not have to Ignore you.

phxs72

So basically after the game has found you the best matched lobby that is available at that moment, you would like to leave it and have the game put you in the second best lobby available at that moment.  Considering that a lot of blow out games are caused by the losing teams lagging behind the winning team.  You are asking the devs to put you in a more laggy game than the one that was selected for you.  I know that's not what you want but that is what you would get.  Just change gamemodes like everyone else and then go back to the one you wanted to play.  It's bound to be a more pleasant experience than what you are going through now. 

PS: W/L records are practically worthless for solo players because people on the winning team generally stay in the match.  Therefore, any match that has already started that you join most likely will put you on the losing team.  If your W/L bothers you so much, start playing in groups and stick it out on the matches that you're losing and it's bound to go up.  Just be glad that you're not playing FFA.  Only one person in the lobby can win in FFA.

What I do is just play a different game type for one game and then go back to the game type I was originally playing. It works perfectly.

Really? Who gives a damm it is just a game dude. you really need a girlfriend or something.This is really just sad.

Tick7

If you back out, you'll be creditted with a loss. That's it.

If you stay in, fight it out, and lose, you'll be creditted with a loss, you'll get some XP, and you'll be in a lobby set for a brand new game in a matter of seconds.

It's not a hard solution.

But if that's all it takes for you to consider "giving up" on the game, then I would suggest that perhaps the issue isn't with the game but with you.