6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 2:31 AM by MR_OnyYX_ RSS

What happened to this game being balanced?

I am not trying to start anything but seriously why are all the guns that get rid of campers garbage in MW3? What happened to being able to kill campers? Now it's you have to be MLG to even have a chance at killing them. Why is this game camper dominant? Seriously what happened to noobs and runner and gunners and people who play for fun actually being successful? It is like the only playing style that is welcomed in this game is camping I wanna be able to run and gun again and actually have fun. Infinity Ward Camping is over powered when are you going to nerf it? I know its a military tactic but so is bombardment, can you explain to me why bombardment doesn't work in your game? Serious all launchable explosives need to be buffed with damage and damage only that way people can't camp with them also they need a slightly larger blast radius because seriously blast shield is useless in your game because how weak the explosives are the only people who can use it are people who go against claymores and c4s seriously though people shouldn't have to sacrifice a perk just so they can kill a camper camping with explosives now the ones who camp with heart beat sensors and motion sensors they are almost invincible in this game so please give all launchable explosives and shotguns and smgs huge buffs so campers can be killed again. Thank you. Also the knife slow it down in order to nerf it that way people can't be instantly knifed even though they got the first shot or make where flinching won't allow you to knife either way will do. But yea camping is seriously the most over powered thing it's more over powered then any gun or equipment because there is nothing the to end or stop or get rid of the ones doing it. I am not saying camping is bad just saying make it where people can actually kill them without having to die hundreds of times. Also divide all the maps in your game by fourths and let people pick an area to spawn in that way the tactical insertion still has purpose also because I am tired of spawn trappers and spawn campers they are just exploiting the spawn system its not even a tactic. Please read this thread thank you.

• Re: What happened to this game being balanced?
    Bettis123

I like this .

Wall of Text!

Can I get a TL:DR;?

- tHQs Roadblock

THQSquad.com

adw1983

I am not trying to start anything but seriously why are all the guns that get rid of campers garbage in MW3?
        What happened to being able to kill campers? Now it's you have to be MLG to even have a chance at killing them.
             Why is this game camper dominant?
        Seriously what happened to noobs and runner and gunners and people who play for fun actually being successful?
        It is like the only playing style that is welcomed in this game is camping I wanna be able to run and gun again and actually have fun.
        Infinity Ward Camping is over powered when are you going to nerf it?
        I know its a military tactic but so is bombardment, can you explain to me why bombardment doesn't work in your game?
             Serious all launchable explosives need to be buffed with damage and damage only that way people can't camp with them also they need a slightly larger blast radius because seriously blast shield is useless in your game because how weak the explosives are the only people who can use it are people who go against claymores and C4s seriously though people shouldn't have to sacrifice a perk just so they can kill a camper camping with explosives now the ones who camp with heart beat sensors and motion sensors they are almost invincible in this game so please give all launchable explosives and shotguns and smgs huge buffs so campers can be killed again.

Thank you.

Also the knife slow it down in order to nerf it that way people can't be instantly knifed even though they got the first shot or make where flinching won't allow you to knife either way will do. But yea camping is seriously the most over powered thing it's more over powered then any gun or equipment because there is nothing the to end or stop or get rid of the ones doing it.
              I am not saying camping is bad just saying make it where people can actually kill them without having to die hundreds of times. Also divide all the maps in your game by fourths and let people pick an area to spawn in that way the tactical insertion still has purpose also because I am tired of spawn trappers and spawn campers they are just exploiting the spawn system its not even a tactic. Please read this thread thank you.

Fixed.

TL;DR:

He thinks too many people camps with stationary explosives, which is hard to deal with without any working counter, and that launched explosives are too weak to deal with the campers.

Heartbeat sensor and portable radar campers are especially hard to deal with according to the poster.
        The panic knife needs to go.
             He does not oppose the tactic of camping, but the tools available to the campers makes it too hard to deal with them without using specific perks and playing by THEIR rules.

Finally, he is of the opinion is that spawn trapping is not a tactic, but an exploit.

I run and gun and have a blast. Sure campers can be a pain in the ass, but nothing nobody can deal with. The solo camper usually has a IQ of 1.4 and either wont move at all, or move in such a way that it is no hassle.

I mostly play demolition these days, and a single camper wont ruin my game. However a party of 6 "camping" the bomb site is rage quitting material. I know, i know, demolition protect you bomb. But common, atleast protect it while moving around in the general area. Not a whole party of six sitting in six different corners stationairy.

RECAP: Solo campers are idiots, if you die twice/three times by them, you suck.

Party campers ruin games for me.

adw1983

Campers in Team Deathmatch.

Imagine the following scenario:
    US troops are located in afghanistan, with the mission to eliminate the enemy opposition.
    But instead of searching for them, they just wait.
    And wait.

And wait.

Someone would get very annoyed by the lack of progress at some point.

They are the attackers, after all, and why are they not searching for the enemy, but are just camping?!

That is the problem right there.

Team Deathmatch, in first person shooter origins, started out with stationary super-weapon-upgrades you can "win" by reaching the "summit" first.
    You got an edge from being offensive, and then when you had the super-weapon, you had to use it while you had it and find the next best weapon.

Now.

When players spawn with their own weapon loadouts...
    Who are the attackers??
    Those who walk around.

Walking around means explosing yourself to danger.
    Thus, people decide themselves if they want to expose themselves to danger, or be relatively much safer sitting stationary with the rest of their team also sitting around, or moving slowly around in one large group, one obstacle at the time.
    But even tactical movement is less safe than pure camping.

It goes something like this:

Headless chicken <-- You ******* ****

Spray and pray <-- You will die a lot
    Run and gun <-- You have to be good to go positive

Walk and listen <-- If you're average, you will go positive. Just remember to turn around when killing someone and shoot them when they come from their revenge spawn to shoot you in the back.
    Walk with the team <-- You will win unless the other team is organized
    Walk tactically with the team <-- MLG pro
    Camp with the team <-- Go to hell

The problem is the following: When you camp, you force the enemy to come to you.
    Imagine if both teams camp hard.

The game will end 0-0.

You might argue that SOMEONE would move.
    Good observation!

Who would benefit the most when someone on one team moves?
    His team, or the enemy team?

The enemy team of course, because they camped the hardest and now got a kill because one player moved.

Suddenly, team Move is losing.
    Now they have to move to take the lead.

And the circle is complete;
    They will lose badly because one of their players moved.

Team Deathmatch is inherently flawed because it does not have an attacker and defender phase for each team.

THANK GOD FOR KILL CONFIRMED and objective game modes!

Which leads us to domination.

ONLY the team with two flags should score points
    The problem is that once a team is in the lead 140-79 or 130 - 59 that team can just whore the other team, because they only need to hold one flag for the rest of the game.

(Team A needs 70 points to win, and team b can only score 140 points by double-capping)

IF the team with two flags or three flags was the only team scoring points, the guys in the lead 140-69 would have to fight for the win.
    (Time limit = Time for both teams to reach 199 + 60 seconds)

A similar problem occurs in Headquarters, but there is no logical solution there.
    When only 3 minutes remains, and one team is in the lead 290-120, the game is already over.
    The rest of the game is team deathmatch for one team with an headquarter the winning team won't capture, but use as a trap to kill more of the losing team.