1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 10:55 AM by Gerbera_Kai RSS

If It's In The Game, Use It!

I'm sure you have heard kids whining about OP'd weapons and whatnot, and your comeback is 'It's in the game, it's good, and it's being used for this purpose.' To some extent, anyway.

My argument is this - I agree completely in this aspect, why not use a weapon/attatchment/perk etc. that is obviously better than the competition? Why does everyone else agree? It's in the GAME. It's not a hack, it's not cheating. Agreed? Good.

My Question is this - If this is so largely an agreed topic, then why is this so largely debated? The Prestige Token glitch. Something that was (mistakenly or not) added to the game. Everyone had access to this, so why was it looked down upon? It's in the game and able to be used by anyone who is everyone, just like the MP7/Assassin Pro/Quickscoping, no?

Discuss. But remember to have fun.

• 1. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    nickpeck36

You have to understand it from an idiots viewpoint.  If the idiot gets killed it's a cheat/hack/glitch because said idiot never learned while growing up that you CAN'T win EVERY time and will complain about it.

I try to improve while I play but I mostly play for fun and enjoy killing the same idiot 8x in one game.  But guess what?  It happens to me to and while I get annoyed, I don't think or say he's cheating lol.  You win some and you lose some, you have good games and you have bad games, just how it is and if that bothers you, quit (and save us the frustration of hearing your girly crying voice).

I just ignore it and move on, well I just MUTE it makes more sense lol.

• 2. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

MR_OnyYX_ wrote:

My Question is this - If this is so largely an agreed topic, then why is this so largely debated? The Prestige Token glitch. Something that was (mistakenly or not) added to the game. Everyone had access to this, so why was it looked down upon? It's in the game and able to be used by anyone who is everyone, just like the MP7/Assassin Pro/Quickscoping, no?

Discuss. But remember to have fun.

You use the Prestige Token glitch as an example and say everyone has access to it. It is a glitch! Exploiting a glitch in online gameplay is cheating. That is like saying everyone has access to get inside the truck on Outpost so it should be ok. Everyone had access to a gameshark back on Socom 1, does that make it ok?

As far as weapons that are in the game that is a different story. Some players think that noob tubes are cheap, I am one of them. When you played other shooters they were frowned upon. In some cases you would get voted out of a room or even kicked out of a clan for using them. People would vote you knowing full well that once you used it the other team would come back with 8 using it. It was just an unwritten rule and trust me A LOT followed it.

• 3. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    Izjar11

@ Mr_onyx_

My points are in red for you to respond back to:

My argument is this - I agree completely in this aspect, why not use a weapon/attatchment/perk etc. that is obviously better than the competition? Why does everyone else agree? It's in the GAME. It's not a hack, it's not cheating. Agreed? Good.

Response: This is not an argument but a statement, agreed? Good. But yes nothing wrong with using what is available.

.Response: What is debated? The prestige token glitch or which weapon, perk, deathstreak is best? Your points are spread out and Im not following what your trying to get to.

But let me try to understand, you are asking people why are they complaining about using whats available? I do not fully understand either, its how people react to getting killed multiple times in the game. And to clarify on the token glitch, its a glitch and according to IW is not permissible to take advantage of it, even if you didn't create it.

• 4. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

MR_OnyYX_ wrote:

No.

Using the weapons and perks in the game is playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. Exploiting bugs and claiming it's OK because everyone else can exploit the same bugs is an entirely different scenario.

• 5. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

The prestige token glitch argument that "they put it in the game so it's ok to do it" is stupid.

I got pulled over for doing 140 mph in a school zone.  I tried to tell the officer that the fine folks at BMW designed my car to go that fast so I should be able to do it!

Good thing they have wi-fi here in the holding cell.

• 6. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

whats is a noob tube ?

• 7. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    thehunan

"Glitching" is the practice of a player exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks normally impossible if the game's script runs as intended, such as running through walls or defying the game's laws of gravity. It is often used to gain an unfair advantage over other players in multiplayer video games.

To all who dont have any clue what it is here is the definition. An that sould clear up 95% of the stupid remarks of why is it wrong to glitch. And the rest of the people that think it is ok still well there is just no hope for you.

• 8. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

I agree with your statement but I also disagree because that is basically saying there should only be one gun in the game but the only reason why I would call a gun over powered is because none of the other guns in its weapon class can't even compare to it not cause it kills me though. Saying a gun is over powered is stupid though instead of saying a gun is over powered and saying to nerf it they should just give all guns in its class a buff instead. And for the prestige glitch it's saying that people should be able to hack and cheat since it is in the game.

• 9. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

I hold myself to a higher standard than everyone else. I only use the b!tch crap if I need it to counter someones b!tch class. I dont get to many hate messages cause most ppl realize im not doing anything cheap. I just play the game and I got good at it. You wont see me prone with assassin waiting for a person to run by. I dont generally tube though my last prestige I did spam those and rockets so I could get the Recon pro emblem. I dont camp at a headglitch for most of the game. I just run and shoot. It works for me.

1 2 3 Previous Next