27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 10:19 AM by MrAnd3r5on RSS

K/D gets you what?

So ever since the ditched idea of SPM, K/D has been the biggest e-peen contest. With that being said, I'm just curious about something.

Does your K/D:

- Help your credit score?

- Do you put it on a job application or on your resume?

- Have you tried telling someone of the opposite (or same) sex your K/D as a pick up line?

- Will it help get you into that great college mom and daddy want you to go to?

If you answered [YES] to any of these questions you've got some issues. If you answered [NO], I want you to re-think your precious "K/D" and how you walk about strutting it to people on the internet. In truth I don't really care deep down inside, and it brings me great pleasure when i hear someone boasting about it, but I thought I'd shed some light on the situation..Just some food for thought if you will.

- tHQs Roadblock

THQSquad.com

p.s. I'll spare you some time - Mine is a 1.01, but what matters to me is that I enjoy the game, play it like I want and that's what really matters.

• Re: K/D gets you what?
    Bettis123

i got a 2.1 but i really get po/d at the game a lot lol.

Bettis123 wrote:

i got a 2.1 but i really get po/d at the game a lot lol.

Believe me, I get upset as well. I don't think any of us play the game to intentionally lose.It's pretty much human nature to be somewhat competitive so I mean, I understand wanting to strive for great stats, but when it comes down to it, it's a game.

- tHQs Roadblock

THQSquad.com

zvers

I 100% agree with both of you. I look at K/D as an indicator for myself ONLY. I don't see it as a bragging tool and it definitely won't get you anything for free in life. This suppose to be for personal enjoyment and a bit of competitiveness too!

I don't know what mine is, and I don't care. I am not really enjoying this game any more, it seems whoever wins in gun fights is determind randomly, not by reaction times.

My KDR drops with every game I play, even if I go positive, so I don't care about it as much as I used to.

High K:D = Me thinking your a major camper 8/10 normally confirmed.

High KD WILL get you that job AND that Hot Girl...

When I see a high KD I think dashboarder first, great player last...

Easiest stat to manipulate if that's your thing...

im not to worried about K/D as long as it dosnt go below 2 i know im a good player i dont need some stats saying i am

vims1990

K/D gets you laid

gallp13

A sense of achievement?

MY K:D doesnt really matter as I mostly play FFA and alot of the time I like messing about eg ony using throwing knikes etc and this does hammer your K:D its sitting at 1.25 overall if Im not messing about etc and look on the weekly its round about  1.80 but doesnt really mean anything somedays you can go beast and others its like you are always getting spawn killed and your aim is way off and not to mention lag!!

When I see I high K/D/R I see a person who enjoys exploiting certain nuances of the particular COD game to obtain an edge on your opponent.  This includes: finding the weapon that best compliments your strongpoint in the game, and other technical analysys of this sort.  I have respect for someone like that.  However I choose some of my weapons and strategies based on ideas that I like.  For example: A sniper who also takes down air support.

So I will try to perfect a class that represents a sniper with great anti-air abilities.  I find this enjoyable.  Even though it kills my K/D ratio at times. 

I am now a casual COD gamer after many years of playing it non stop.  Now I use a greater fraction of my online time messing around with new guns and assortments.  Whereas on previous games I had plenty of online time to formulate the perfect class for me. 

I am proud of myself if I am able to keep a decent K/D ratio while still doing plently of class experimentation and fun...it creates a nice grey area that you can "blame" a sub par ratio on haha!

This mindset has brought me to respect but also not put any tangible value on K/D ratios.

Seriously gets you nothing in my book. Well unless you solely base skill off of it or think you are good solely because of this then it gets you to look like a rl loser that has nothing else going for them. Mine is only a .95 atm and I am fine with it because I know if I wanted to solely focus on kd then it would be 2-3x what it is now. I much more like playing different styles, game modes and even with randoms too. I much rather have the respect of my friends in the game and the fear of opponents and have fun all at the same time. I have the lowest kd in my clan but I am considered by all of them as one of the stronger players in my clan due to my versatility and they know why my kd is low and don't care. I also played a fair amount of games that I purposely went super negative to piss the other team off and make them rage quit just because they talked about how can you have fun going negative and I told them I will have fun, go negative and they will back out before I do. My team saw me doing it and laughing and it became a team thing. Me and the randoms made them rage quit and we let them kill us with no effort and was laughing the whole time. So I guess my kd does make me a bad player since I play TI have fun.

CowboySr

As long as writing this made you feel better about yourself, then it was worth it to come out.

CowboySr wrote:

A) As long as writing this made you feel better about yourself, then it was worth it to come out.

B) You should see when my clans in a room. Takes forever to get a game. Wish you could hide K/D to be honest.

A) I honestly wrote this for others, not so much myself, but as long as your comment makes you feel better as it has no positive connotation then it was worth it to me to write this, cause it's brought out the Xbox cool kids, and virtual stat chasers. I bet you're a sideline super star when it comes to sports to huh?

B) The same happens with my clan, but more with rank. Our clan average K/D (like it matters) has got to be between a 1.5-1.75, but hey. If it were SPM like it was in BOps they'd leave because of that...

Next...

CowboySr

Oh Goose. I usually like your stuff. I was just light jabbing as these kind of threads are becoming more and more frequent.  But since you know everything now, Ill have you know that I'm old now. In my high school days I wrestled above my weight class cause I could, made my starting lineup all four years in football in the largest conference out there, Started on varsity before I was a senior and finished All Conference my last two years. Won our conference all four years I was there. But we all know what happens when you assume.. Maybe I should start a thread about how none of that matters.

Next...

I have a 3.18 K/D and over a 14.00 W/L, and all I get is fear. People always check my stats and back out of the pregame lobby, so it's kinda hard to find games sometimes.

I have kinda proved that camping can get you a high K/D. I played a game that I went something like 10 and 4 and and I camped, but the next game I ran around shooting people and that was more like 3 and 15,
    It was the same lobby aswell, maybe one or two people left, but pretty much the same.

Vekta67

Well for TDM, KC, and FFA. K/D obviously matters if you want the win. But yes I will agree with Op for the objective modes, but hey modes like demolition, defending the base and raking up kills? Means your keeping them from arming the bomb.

All my K/D ever gets me is harassment calling me a cheater, glitcher, hacker, or camper.  Oh, and I get the classic "get a life", or "you've got too much time on your hands".  It gets me random friend requests, and people leaving lobbies after checking the leaderboard.  But, yea, that's about it.

Seems like alot of you are suffering from low KDR syndrome lol.  I agree it's dumb to go around flaunting your KDR but the truth is that is the only stat you can use to estimate how good a player actually is.  I've been playing competitively since COD 4 and I will tell you that is the only stat people look at before giving you a chance at running with them is KDR.  Every other stat imaginable has a flaw in some way and can't be used to accurately measure a persons performance.  I've also always used KDR to size up competition before sanctioned matches and it has proven to be quite a good indicator at how strong your competition is.  Disagree with me all you want, if you don't play on MLG or any major ladders than ya I guess it's another useless stat.

Arcane Skywolfe

that all depends. I have come across a lot of good players and for me it helps me to be better but when you get on live all I hear is complaints and the your garbage simply because I don;t get high kills. I mostly go more negative than positive depending on the situation but I also haven't been doing this for years either. when I first atarted out I was going 5-15 most every match. now coming from a keyboard and mouse perspective to a console was a transitional change and took a while to get kills at all with the controller. I am now to the point where I can go 5-6 or higher in matches. I have had games where I have gone 11-13,15-10 and 9-3 it all depends on the day. overall KD? is 0.32 but here is the thing. I am getting better and it never seems to matter to anyone but it does to me. so I don;t pull up high scores. most of the time its on the low end but on objective gametypes, I will nearly always try and go for the objective.