1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 10:55 AM by Gerbera_Kai Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    thehunan

That is another word I am not so sure should be used. "Headglitch" the term glitch means that it is somehow related to cheating. What you are doing is taking cover behind somthing and looking over the top of what ever you hare hiding behind. Not fun to get shot by someone doing it but hey It is a play style. Just like grass counting or bush eating with assasin and silenced weapon. I dont like that play style but it is not cheating.

• 11. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    huntingnoluck

What exactly was the prestige token glitch? I have heard everyone talk about it but no one ever said this is what it is. I also assume it has been patched. As for the topic at hand, I agree no tactics are cheap if they were designed into the game. DarkCornerMcdoogles suck but sh1t on me if I haven't learned to get around corners where they might be hiding. Watch the killcams and learn to better your game from it.

• 12. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

If you use anything that's banned in competitive play you are a scrub.  It's funny when someone claims their good when they walk around with maxed out launchers.  I really don't care what you use it's part of the game, but if you walk around with tube/rpg/claymore etc you are really not that good.  I really don't care what you use cause I will own you either way without sinking to your level, just don't think your the best around when you wouldn't make it through a match in the competitive world without your kiddie launchers.  And to those saying x wep is too strong, ONE WEAPON WILL ALWAYS BE STRONGER THAN ANY OTHER.  Unless they are all equal, this is the way it's going to remain.  Quit crying about getting owned and work on your own game.

• 13. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    dlundebjerg28

"I'm sure you have heard kids whining about OP'd weapons and whatnot, and your comeback is 'It's in the game, it's good, and it's being used for this purpose.' To some extent, anyway.

My argument is this - I agree completely in this aspect, why not use a weapon/attatchment/perk etc. that is obviously better than the competition? Why does everyone else agree? It's in the GAME. It's not a hack, it's not cheating. Agreed? Good."

I agree with you here. Most of the time, people whine about something that continually beats them, that they aren't very good with. For example, the Type 95, is a percision weapon. Its really only good if you have good accuracy. The people who call it overpowered usually aren't very good with it, therefore in their eyes it is OP. Quickscoping is another example. I'm pretty bad with sniper rifles in general, and although I've gotten better, I'm still nowhere near that good. I personally don't ***** about quickscoping, but people that do complain because they cant do it themselves. Bascially, they complain its OP because they can't use it as effectively as others.

"My Question is this - If this is so largely an agreed topic, then why is this so largely debated? The Prestige Token glitch. Something that was (mistakenly or not) added to the game. Everyone had access to this, so why was it looked down upon? It's in the game and able to be used by anyone who is everyone, just like the MP7/Assassin Pro/Quickscoping, no?"

You lost me with the prestige token glitch reference. Yes, it was availible to everyone, but when it comes to cheating/hacking/glitching, that is something that needs to be stopped. I don't know if you had the game when it was released, but Outpost had two glitches, one where you could get under the map and one where you could get inside the oil tankers and you could shoot anyone, but nobody could shoot you. Although everyone could do this, its something that needed to be removed because it was unfair and not intented. The MP7, Assasain Pro and Quickscoping are all things availible on purpose in the game, and can be used, when it comes to unintended cheaets/hacks/glitches, they should be removed. The point of prestige tokens is to reward you for prestiging, not so everyone can have an unlimited amount of them and rack up double XP and have everything unlocked at level 4. Basically, things intentionally put in the game that people complain about is stupid. I don't think theres any OP guns or any OP perks, just weapons and perks that are better than the other choices, and people should learn to adapt to them, or use them themselves. When it comes to glitches/hacks/cheats and other things not intended by the developers that are in the game, I don't know if people should complain about them to the extent they do, but they definitely need to be reported and fixed. So quickscoping/MP7/Assasain are fine in my book, the prestige token glitch and all other things of that nature are not.

• 14. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    thehunan

true each weapon was made for a differant thing. some better than others for some things. You can say one bullet is bigger or smaller shoots faster or slower but that is how it was designed. find out which one you can use the best and work with it. tubes were ment to take out multiple people in a room or have lots of cover. rockets are to take out vehicals. why the chalanges to blow up people with a rocket i have no idea.

• 15. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    thehunan

Quickscope makes use of the aim assist. I do not think you should be able to almost aim with a scope and get a one shot kill becuase of the auto aim. It is just like an aim bot. and to say it is in the game it goes back to was this the way it was programed to work? I dont know if we will ever know this answer. But I do know that it is not how it should work. There is no way you can say you cant do it well that is why you dont like it. I think it is cheap and takes no skill. all you have to do is push the buttons at the right time when looking in the general direction of a person. I will not do this my self, I have personal standards that bring me above that.

• 16. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    huntingnoluck

Good example with the type95. I despise that gun because I get killed by it so easily and I have alot of trouble using it effectively myself. It doesn't mean it is overpowered or anything. Just means I need to spend more time figuring out how to either use it or avoid it.

• 17. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    frustrationinc

Have to ask.. honest question or clever Chaseing Amy ref?

• 18. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!

thehunan wrote:

That is another word I am not so sure should be used. "Headglitch" the term glitch means that it is somehow related to cheating. What you are doing is taking cover behind somthing and looking over the top of what ever you hare hiding behind. Not fun to get shot by someone doing it but hey It is a play style. Just like grass counting or bush eating with assasin and silenced weapon. I dont like that play style but it is not cheating.

To me the head glitch is what we use to call a soft spot. Back in the day people could be in certain parts of a map where you would "sink" in to the texturing where you could see just fine, nothing was obstructing you or weapon, but the enemy couldn't see you or shoot at you.

IMHO you should not be able to shoot over an object if your head and weapon are not above that object. In MW3 you can do this with just a hair bit of your head showing which makes it unrealistic, I know it is a video game, but that is why a lot of old school gamers think this is a glitch or cheap.

• 19. Re: If It's In The Game, Use It!
    thehunan

True you should not be able to shoot if your head and weapon is not above what your hiding behind. we should also not die when someone fires a few bullets through the front of a car. the engine block should stop all the rounds.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next