1 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next 320 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 9:22 AM by XxReidxX Go to original post RSS
  • 250. Re: Petition:  More reserve ammo for AA-12
    9blackguys

Gerbera_Kai wrote:

Every single time I decide to pick it up and give it another try, I always end up dropping it not too long after, even when using it ways like trialstar said.

Sticking inside buildings and NOT auto-firing it all the time and such makes NO difference whatsoever, especially with all the SMG use there is. SMGs easily kill you with 3 individual bullets while it can take 2-3+ hits from the AA-12, even up close, to kill people and that's on a GOOD day with little to no lag inconsistency screwing with me.

If you fire a shotgun at hit a person, full body, nearly point blank and they don't die, then unless the damage is truly REALLY low, which I  doubt, then something is very wrong, lag or otherwise.

It's ironic. In real life, the AA-12 is one of the top shotguns in the world, Little to no recoil, very accurate with decent spreading with normal buckshot, effective range of up to 100 meters, and such, Yet that high power seems to made the devs SO paranoid about it that it's been made into one of the worst of ALL weapons in MW3. I mean, I may sound exaggerated, but I feel like I have more luck using non-Akimbo HANDGUNS (even the Desert Eagle) than I do the AA-12.

Yeah its funny how great rifles in real life, are translated into great weapons in CoD, but state of the art shotguns like the AA-12 are reduced to "spitting" range. Also don't feel surprised when someone with akimbo FMG's or even dual pistols kills you before you can kill them, it happens to me a lot, not all the time, but maybe once per occurence, they usually get me the first time, but only once, only that first time.

• 251. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine

Get it through your head, you should NOT need perks/proficencies/attachments to have a gun be worth using!

Does a Sub Machine Gun need Rapid Fire/Steady Aim to dominate in CQC? No.

Does an Assault Rifle need Kick to maintain accuracy at long range? No.

Does a 50. BMG rifle or LMG need Speed to avoid close engagements? No.

Does the AA-12 need Scavenger to have prolonged usage like the other weapons in it's category? Yes.
    Don't say to not spray as most of the time the first shot will not kill, esspecially without damage (landing 7 out of 8 pellets is a bloody pipe-dream, even while aimed in knife range). The purpose of the AA-12 (Shotguns in general really, but this thread is focused on the AA-12) is to dominate every weapon (save SMGs) in CQC and it fails to do that.

It's not that hard to counter a shotgunner, all you have to do is stay away from them and avoid small areas, even with the hallway infested maps, as said hallways are more often than not longer than the range a shotgun offers.

trialstardragon wrote:

It is nearly as bad as the FMG9's.

Are you daft? The FMG-9s are capable of killing the split second it fires. Using Akimbo FMGs, their ROF is reduced to somewhere around 700-800 RPM meaning if both are fired simultaneously (which is almost always the case) you get a weapon that shoots at roughly 1400+ RPM (my math is probably flawed here but you should get the point). Top that along with it's 3-hit killing capability and you get something has outclasses almost everything in CQC.

• 252. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine
    9blackguys

d8noped8b wrote:

Get it through your head, you should NOT need perks/proficencies/attachments to have a gun be worth using!

Does a Sub Machine Gun need Rapid Fire/Steady Aim to dominate in CQC? No.

Does an Assault Rifle need Kick to maintain accuracy at long range? No.

Does a 50. BMG rifle or LMG need Speed to avoid close engagements? No.

Does the AA-12 need Scavenger to have prolonged usage like the other weapons in it's category? Yes.
    Don't say to not spray as most of the time the first shot will not kill, esspecially without damage (landing 7 out of 8 pellets is a bloody pipe-dream, even while aimed in knife range). The purpose of the AA-12 (Shotguns in general really, but this thread is focused on the AA-12) is to dominate every weapon (save SMGs) in CQC and it fails to do that.

It's not that hard to counter a shotgunner, all you have to do is stay away from them and avoid small areas, even with the hallway infested maps, as said hallways are more often than not longer than the range a shotgun offers.

I'm glad to see so many people supporting the cause and realizing that AA-12 is severly dependent on Scavenger to be used longer than a couple kills. Mission comes to mind when you mentioned "hallway infested maps", seems like it would be shotguns galore, but no, its predominately a SMG/AR game if you aren't careful. People will sit on the rubble or by the "B" flag and just puppy guard the corridors, its gets real annoying and thats about the only place on the map where a shotgun has any chance.

• 253. Re: Petition:  More reserve ammo for AA-12

The aa12 needs more than just more reserve ammo.  Here is my shotgun balance thread, I would appreciate if you guy would jump in and give your opinions as well.  Just please remember to post your gamertags along with your posts.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200407720?tstart=0

• 254. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine
    bubbacake

I have a funny feeling that you just severely hate shotguns and their users.

• 255. Re: Petition:  More reserve ammo for AA-12
    9blackguys

Well Brick, while I totally agree, IW doesn't think the AA-12 needs a buff, of any kind. So its not about getting what we think is fair, its more about getting the AA-12 buffed at all, and I think more ammo is good compromise. Also, if you put enough time and effort, you can still do good with the AA-12, just not as good if you were using any other weapon lol.

• 256. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine
    trialstardragon

A full auto shotgun with more ammo then it has would be just the same as the FMG9's when akimboed for that is why they kill so easily. Because they throw out so many rounds(pellets) over a large area quickly.

Again you foolishly think that a gun from one game has to be the same every other game it is seen in. This is not the case and never will be. They do not need to make the aa-12 of this game be like the aa-12 of mw2 ever just because you think they should.

The aa-12 of mw2 was the noobiest shotgun ever made. It was my trolling gun when ever I wanted to piss of players because of how easy it was to use.

• 257. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine
    trialstardragon

Actually no, I do use them and can do fine enough alone with out needing the developers to make them any easier by buffing the damage or giving them more ammo like others seem to need.

I get one-two shot kills with the aa-12 fairly easy, I get one shots with pretty much every other shotgun pretty easy if I play to the shotguns strengths and use them as they are meant to be used. Only time it takes more the two shots ever is if they are using a BV or the game is laggy.

• 258. Re: Petition:  More reserve ammo for AA-12
    9blackguys

Giving the AA-12 some extra ammo would allow players more flexibility, especially those without the damage or range profficiencies. They wouldn't need Scavenger Pro to use it longer than a few kills. It would enable them more adaptability, they could use Blind Eye for taking out air support or Extreme Conditioning for more effecient travel on bigger maps. They could of course, always use Sleight of Hand, because any AA-12 user will tell you that it burns through the magazine really fast.

• 259. Re: Petition to buff AA-12: More reserve ammo and bigger magazine

You're essentially saying that prolonged usage of a gun makes it powerful. Great logic.

The Dual FMG-9s do so well because of the speed of which it deals its 3 hit kill damage (near instantaneous), not because of the amount ammo it carries.

And try doing good (K/D over 2.00) with the AA-12 bare, without attachments, proficencies or perks that assist it, such as Scavanger, SoH, or Steady Aim.

1 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next