24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 3:40 AM by featherman84 RSS

Stop making me host!

featherman84

I didn't play this game in a day of 3, startup today and guess what!

I'm constantly host picked 9 out of 10 games, making it impossible for me to play a decent game.

I don't now what the dev's did, but they totally messed up.

Even when not being host, it's actually hard to play a decent game without people who are invinceble, disappearring and popping up again on a different spot.

I hate it, please bring it back to before hotfix .13

My ds 30mb up 3mb 13ms/ping open nat wired.

Come on dev's this is BS.

• Re: Stop making me host!
    mark_twigo

I have exactly the same problem and pritty much the same internet speeds as yourself apart from my ping is a little higher.
    This needs sorting as the people who pay the most for there gaming friendly broadband are being punished while the people who buy cheep 2mb broadband flicker about the map making killing them a knightmere.

xXKingKongxX

Turn off UPnP on your PS3 and router, I was ALWAYS getting host so I killed all static routes to Activision and turned off UPnP and haven't been host since..

featherman84

xXKingKongxX wrote:

Turn off UPnP on your PS3 and router, I was ALWAYS getting host so I killed all static routes to Activision and turned off UPnP and haven't been host since..

I changed my settings as you suggested, hope it will work, but somehow it feels like cheating.

Anyway I will give feedback.

xXKingKongxX

featherman84 wrote:

xXKingKongxX wrote:

I changed my settings as you suggested, hope it will work, but somehow it feels like cheating.

I think someone 1-2 secs in front of you is a form of 'cheating'.. But UPnP is just stopping the game from auto negotiating ports to allow you to host.. Cheating would be applying QoS to your connection, but lots of people do that and I don't blame them to be honest. This game blows in so many ways..

featherman84

xXKingKongxX wrote:

featherman84 wrote:

xXKingKongxX wrote:

I think someone 1-2 secs in front of you is a form of 'cheating'.. But UPnP is just stopping the game from auto negotiating ports to allow you to host.. Cheating would be applying QoS to your connection, but lots of people do that and I don't blame them to be honest. This game blows in so many ways..

Man it made a lot of difference if I had done this before my stats would be a lot better, thanks bro.

Snipingdbag

Qos to avoid hosting is not cheating at all, using a lag switch is. Playing on a moderate / strict nat messes more with connection / hit register than capping your upload. You know how little is needed to run this game?

This game is all about your ping, if it's very low people will get compensation against you constantly, basically only making the game playable in local lobbies. Matchmaking was better pre 1.13 and especially on launch with the regional lock.

Hosting has always been inconstant, a frame skipping mess and only occasionally good (usually in local lobbies).

That what I did.

How do you know you're deffinately the host? Just a question as i'm unsure of the answer myself

I've had this issue alot...at which point i just set my QoS down to 500-700k upstream now i dont pull host often

featherman84

So while STILL hosting too many games with STILL too many disadvantage, there's still no fixing the issue.

I tried to contact the devs various ways, and still no answer, should we always hosting players abandon this game, just to get this issue highlighted?

i have the same problem. and its not just hosting its the lag compensation. i have 100mb download and 20 mb upload 5ms ping and the game constantly steals my bandwidth to help other players who either steal their internet from someone else or are to cheap to buy decent broadband. it has made the game almost unplayable for me. why should i be punished for having a good connection? the thing is the dev dont care unless it threatens their security or revenues. i have put in several complaints about various issues some as far back as 7 months and was assured something would be done about them. i even provided video evidence of said issues THEY DONT CARE!!! am going to trash the game and buy halo instead

ghamorra

Stop leaving games. The same host is never picked two consecutive matches, it cycles through. The only way you be a host in a superceding match is through host migration, where the best possible host is picked. But then you only have to deal with it for the remainder match. The next match a new one will be picked again

BanHaMMer

@ghamorra: are you sure about that, if it's true it's good news.

I feel though, I pull host more often than not. But if what you say is correct, then I will persist with MW3. Just a lot of WTF!!!! moments of late and server disconnects after a game.

ghamorra

Because the Developers don't personally chime in on tech stuff like this I can't be 100%. But I've heard on several different occasions that the host changes every match. And due to drastic changes in connectivity from one match to the next it seems very likely that this is true

Also as further proof, the best host is based on who's in the lobby and how well all the players connect to each other. If one person leaves and someone else joins, naturally they will all connect to each other differently, so the best host will constantly change.

crossfire-roadster

It may change if another person comes into the lobby with a better connection but if not it stays with the same person.  I can personally attest to that.  Been struggling since the game came out being host of this p.o.s. just like black ops.  MW2, W@W and MW1 were actually beneficial to the host, not anymore now the host gets screwed every which way til Sunday.

The matchmaking is downright horrible.  I live in Indiana and am tired of being matched up against people in Brazil, France. Mexico and England because the lag is just awful. My experience in MW1, W@W and MW2 was great most connections were 4 or 3 bars.  Now it ranges from 4 to 1 bars in almost every lobby I get into.  Something is wrong and they can't or won't fix it.

your mad mate. for those of us who have really fast connections it makes us host game after game. i used to have a crappy connection and couldn't play without rediculous lag and my kd was **** so i spent on a really fast connection - 100mb down,20mb up 5 ms ping. it is all but impossible to repair my kd as i have been made host 10 games in a row frequently(i have counted) i know this cuz if i am host i get lag and quit out. every time it goes to host migration. with my connection its impossible to lag out unless you are host. they really need to sort this out as people like me who are capable of hosting good games are leaving in droves and you will end up with no good hosts in the end and the game will be unplayable. personally i don't intend to buy another game made by these people. i had blackops pre-orderd and am canceling it.

Snipingdbag

I have often been picked host game after game. Since when do they randomly pick another host? Would be stupid anyway. They should pick the best host every time & make hosting normal, they need to give the host a clear advantage against 3 / 2 bar players, this would stop shitloads of people throttling their nets and settings, would see more quality hosts returning & would see more players trying to play locally

rlbl

I am not host that often and I still get crap connection games...

When I am host, it is downright awful!

I tried turning of uPnP before and it was a huge help, but I found that many epople could not join my parties, so I put it back.

TexasVic74

I have been having issues with this as well. I had to turn on Upnp in a new router and manually adjust my port settings.
    Funny thing is one ps3 changed to moderate and the other is set to open. Both are in the same house, on the same router.
    I am totally lost now. Doesn't make sense...

Oh and BTW, I have shitttty internet because that is all thats available in my area 3mb down, 750 kb up.....ugh

featherman84

I did change mtu size because I had little packet loss, but on this game I didn't help a bit.

PLEASE DEVS FIX THIS ISSUE.AND IF YOU WON'T BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW, TELL US ALSO SO I CAN PUT THIS GAME IN THE "NEVER TO BE OPENED AGAIN CLOSET"