27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 6:10 PM by triiviium- RSS

Hackers

Budha63

Please could we get an update to prevent Hackers from using the aimbot crap I saw this video on Youtube and it made me not even want to play multiplayer anymore. This past week has been horrible for hackers/cheaters whatever you want to call them. Its rediculous!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1pPvNRdvSs&feature=g-logo&context=G2ae6a9dFOAAAA AAANAA

• Re: Hackers

I don't know how easy it is to "hack" on a ps3.  Most of the BS I encoutner I blame on my (lack of) skill or lag. 

Ussually lag, it's never MY fault! lawl.

Hacking a PS3 was the final in my computer/Network security class. So, hacking one is about as difficult as a college final.

Simply because aimbots aren't rampant doesn't mean more subtle (ones that can't be detected through killcam) ones like Wall hacks, Redbox hacks, UAV hacks, etc aren't being used.

Occasionally, you'll run into someone who seems to have your number. No matter what direction, or range your approach, they always seem to be behind you. That's a clear indication that they are using a wall hack to know in real time where you are so they can always flank.

Budha63
      iAmEFFeX

It must not be wide spread, I play at least a few games each day and never ran into this yet. The only time I seen someone literally dominating the other players, is just because you could tell they were that good.

Perkadelic

almost 3 million views, holy crap. that doesn't work on psn does it?

some people play with mouse and sometime the game has the one second behind bug. That means other players see you much earlier - watch the killcam!!

But we saw a wallhacker!!!

I'm not saying it doesn't exist on PS3, but it's gotta be more rare than the PC version.  It's easy for someone to rack up 40-3 when they see everyone a second sooner. 

that vid was crazy ...

Seen this before, and am sure I have seen it in game a few times.

Watch out for the mw3 fanboys on  this forum, they will flame you for posting this as they naively believe its unhackable!!

Budha63

Thats just it the video is all the proof one needs. People are obviously doing it and thats not the only video there are entire websites devoted to this aimbot crap for multiple games. I just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played and have fun doing it but people will find a way to "Cheat" regardless of how secure you make things and I hate it.

triiviium-

NO we dont believe the game is un hackable. We flame you for posting these vids because by you posting this vid spreads the hack like a virus. Yes I know anyone could look it up on youtube but you see you did the work for them so now they are good to go.

lagsufferer wrote:

Seen this before, and am sure I have seen it in game a few times.

Watch out for the mw3 fanboys on  this forum, they will flame you for posting this as they naively believe its unhackable!!

i ran into a group of players were one of them had a uav hack going. I would shot it down and as soon as the smoke cleared it was still there. Halfway through the match the game ended and no stat were kept from it. I guess the player got caught.

dlundebjerg28

That video is of a PC aimbot/wallhack. The PS3 doesn't have aimbots, posting videos of PC aimbots/wallhacks doesn't prove their on PS3

pmsl, as I said the mw3 fanboys don't believe it

Budha63

Oh they dont make them for PS3 then why are there full sites dedicated to downloading them for any platform for multiple games go ahead google it. No matter to me what you say I showed this video to Activision and they are reviewing it and will take whatever action they need. It seems odd that you defend the platform for not having them that makes me wonder if you yourself use them.

Budha63

I bet you still believe the PSN is unhackable even though it was and millions of users were put at risk as well as inconvienced with multiple months of no service as a result.

aaces101

Well lag, it's easy for u to say PS3 fanboys blah, blah, blah, but why don't you take the time to PROVE aimbots are being used on the PS3. I honestly don't know, but I'm leaning towards no because u guys can't prove it.

Budha63

Oh they dont make them for PS3 then why are there full sites dedicated to downloading them for any platform for multiple games go ahead google it. No matter to me what you say I showed this video to Activision and they are reviewing it and will take whatever action they need. It seems odd that you defend the platform for not having them that makes me wonder if you yourself use them.

Budha63

I bet you still believe the PSN is unhackable even though it was and millions of users were put at risk as well as inconvienced with multiple months of no service as a result.

The only thing they could ever do to the PS3 where the challange lobbies, and i am sure these are allready around or being worked on.

You saying the PS3 is so easy to hack that you have it as a finals in your college is just dumb. I believe it was big news that somebody was able to hack a PS3 a year ago? Sony fixed that stuff the day after I believe.

As mentioned above, this video is for the PC, as you can clearly see during the video. This is prob you trying to get downloads/views/whatever on your channel or download file.

If you thanks to your college final can really hack a PS3, really hack it, right? Not alter any thing that most people can do. But run a program on it that allows you to run a aimbot on it and then still be able to connect to PSN. Cause last time I checked, its freaking hard to alter the PS3 on its own, but next to impossible to connect to PSN with an alternated PS3. The PSN will just not allow you to connect unless you fix your stuff.

But, if you can do that, go to Sony, I think they will offer you a nice cash reward for pointing out the flaws in your system.

Budha63

Never said it was easy and if you believe that PS3 cant be hacked then you are more ignorant than words can express. As for you saying this is me trying to get views or what not on my channel thats just as ignorant as I forwarded this video to Activision to piont out the cheating and got a response from them. I hardly think that whoever owns this video needs more views anyway last I checked there was 3 million or so already.

1. This there is no way to cheat on PS3

2. This file is Keylogger - BEWARE

pc bro. there is no aim bots, wall hacks on ps3, most of the time you think someones hacking or using aim bot, its that youre just a fraction of a second behind the person who killed you. Lag comp. and yeah it sucks.... but yeah, no hacks on ps3 online. just not possible with the 4.11 and if even if they have 3.55 cfw jb there are no patches for mw3, not saying there is no minor glitches such as uav glitches, no recoil glitches. Im not 100% pos but just dont think its goin on.

graphitetek

Say someone had a youtube flick that ostensibly showed an aimbot in action, but was really an attempt to get suckers to download some kind of Trojan and let's say he needed to drum up some business...it might be a really good move to find a site that had a lot of people that might be very concerned about aimbots and then post a rant about aimbots in game with a link AND a followup post linking to the video. It could get a lot of people to check out the video "proof".

Now, I'm NOT saying that anyone on this board would do that, just saying it would be a smart way to do it.

I have no problem with it either, since only honourless nolife wannabe cheaters would be victims of any crap they downloaded.

So believe what you want to believe and act accordingly, but ask yourselves, why would someone who is rallying against aimbots post a link to a means for scumbags to equip an aimbot.

There are aimbots on PC but not seen any on PS3. The link put up by the OP does seems a little suspect judging by all the cap letters at the end of the link.