15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 5:34 AM by CPD0123 RSS

Acog sniping?

codcanuck

I've decided to try out ACOG sniping with the .50 cal, and it's fun so far but I have some questions:

- which maps are best for ACOG sniping?

- is the .50 cal the best sniper rifle for it? And

- should I use the Attachments proficiency to equip a silencer also?

Thanks for any answers to the above.

• Re: Acog sniping?

I've seen people complaining that silenced doesn't kill in 1 shot.

CoachO

I love to snipe (not run around quick-scoping) sit in a secure area and kill from distance... Don't use the silencer, a .9mm pistol is more powerful... I enjoy the maps with long open spaces with good views like Baakara, outpost, and mission... I prefer the MSR with acog and extended mags...

Every time I've tried to quick-scope, I get smoked and I switch to my rage class because I'm too competitive and I'm a "try-hard"

poss911

Like coachO said, don't use silencer and the MSR is bar far the best sniper rifle. Sure the Barrett can fire quickly but the MSR just seems to be more smooth. The L118 is almost identical to the MSR with the exception of speed of the bolt action and reloading. The MSR moves quicker and smoother in both cases. I use nothing but Acog both hard and quickscoping. Another good map for sniping is Seatown up in the buildings. I use the same setup as CoachO and it is very effective. Another thing to remember is to move a little in your locations since you will be seen in the UAV after every shot. So don't sit in one place or the opposition will key in on you and eliminate you.

ACOG sniping is for scrubs. Only time I use it is when I rank up a sniper and don't have any other attachment to use.

i dont mind acog sniping at all; whatever makes it easier for people i guess. ACOG me to death any day, better than fmg9 akimbos

Besides, what happened in the day back in MWR when everyone used acog and no one complained. Hmmm...

Personally, I haven't played Reflex, but I've seen that the ACOG is very high zoom, thus making it harder to quickscope. Plus there's no CCP compatibility and the aim assist is not as bullcrap as this game, so quickscoping is way harder there. Bottom line is that MW3 has always been, is and will be the noobiest friendly CoD out there. Hopefully BO2 will not screw up...

padiego

I seriously understand now why people say "ACOG AND WII MOTE ON SNIPERS IS OVERPOWERED!"

When you stand still, and a guy is coming directly at you, and you aim, you will get aim assist. I know, so OP!

@wolfeeh

He doesn't speak english you know, he's trying his best. Not everyone in these forums are american or british...

codcanuck

Really? Is aim assist a default setting for the wiimote? Because if it is, either it's broken on my copy or I move around so much it has no effect, . Or maybe I've gotten used to it...

I hope that diego realises that 99999/100000 wiimote/zapper people don't use aim assist, OR only have it set for about a 2' track so that if we get a little smoked by somebody running.

Personally, I hate sniping without it--IN ORDER TO GET ACOG, if you play like me, you end up having to spam/noscope to try to get the acog in order to snipe.

It might just be me, but I think if you get a cheap knock-off zapper like me, and sit on a yogaball, you're not going to be stable enough to snipe without an acog scope.

I've said it a thousand times--ACOG is only wrong to use if you're using a ccp. They got rid of ccp aim assist, now they need to get rid of wiimote aim assist, or at least make it so that there is very little on both ends. (it's aim ASSIST, 3ARC!!! NOT AIMBOT!!! GET IT EFFING RIGHT IN BLOPS2!!!) They got rid of the idle sway for wiimote, now they need to add it back for ccp. They have great rifles in MW3, but nowhere hardly to use them, except for qsing and spamming.

50calmastr

Thermal is better if you snipe instead of qsing

acog is pretty good for the L118A

infinitlag

Use snipers to their strong points. Range is one of them and the scope helps. All the other guns are good in the quickscoping range.