14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 8:50 PM by Vyzygoths RSS

Anybody in for a class action lawsuit???

anybody in for a class action lawsuit against activision? they can try to delete this but i will just post on other sites. i feel as if they lied to us all. MW3 was nothing new. same titles, emblems, guns, nothing fresh comes to mind. sure strike packages but come on open up your eyes. you know you all feel as if you paid 60 bucks for a map pack. oh and a lot of us spent an extra 50 bucks to get call of duty which just recently started working. cod 4 was a game changer, mw2 was a game changer, even black ops changed the game. but mw3 is absolutely nothing new and they lied to us this game is nothing new. so reply if your are in.

• Re: Anybody in for a class action lawsuit???
    trialstardragon

LOL.. you will never win against activision so go ahead and make a fool of yourself and anyone else that joins with you.

The reasons you just listed would get you laughed out of court They did not lie to you about the game, and no each new game does not have to be new and so different from the last one. All they have to do is change one or two things and the maps and the sp story and it is a new game.

The weapons are not all the same, there are new and different weapons, but it does not mean that every weapon has to be new and different each time the game comes out. The kill streaks are different, the death streaks are different, the perks are different. There is a lot that is different about the game from past games.

So once agian they did not lie about the game was new or different than the past game.

rankismet

MPORTtheBeast wrote:

anybody in for a class action lawsuit against activision? they can try to delete this but i will just post on other sites. i feel as if they lied to us all. MW3 was nothing new. same titles, emblems, guns, nothing fresh comes to mind. sure strike packages but come on open up your eyes. you know you all feel as if you paid 60 bucks for a map pack. oh and a lot of us spent an extra 50 bucks to get call of duty which just recently started working. cod 4 was a game changer, mw2 was a game changer, even black ops changed the game. but mw3 is absolutely nothing new and they lied to us this game is nothing new. so reply if your are in.

You don't like MW3... check.

Just so you know... hyperbole is not a legal argument. There are "new" things in MW3 that have never been present in any other title. Stop being bitter and either enjoy it or sell it.

And keep me the hell out of your machinations.

Have to agree with both guys above, it is obvious that you are not happy with the game we can see that, and I am sure that there are a lot of other people who feel the same way... however.... If this had been any other game like lets say the new ish Final fantasy which has no real changes to the game mechanics/monsters, graphics and so on, then you would wave your fist at the screen in anger ***** about it under your breath and then trade it in.... You have to understand that company's like Act have special teams that will be sure all of the boxes are ticked LEGALLY before a game put onto the market, Call of duty elite had issues but they have sorted "most" of them out... if anyone cared to read any of the T&C's before ranting they would see that when you spend your money you are at there mercy just like anything else in life... So all in all what's does this tell you? I will summarize:

1, Play game get over it and enjoy playing with friends.

2, Quit game sell trade and get over it.

3, Spend the rest of the year cursing under your breath about the game and one day get over it.

I think I speak for most when i say..... we just don't care.

zvers

I can understand your gripe BUT I work in a legal department and you have no case against Activision. What is up with everyone just suing each other in this country??? And if you said that they released an unfinished game, then, you can sue Microsoft for the same thing thing since they are notorious for releasing unfinished products. I know it's hard but be patient.

jwaller123

MPORTtheBeast wrote:

anybody in for a class action lawsuit against activision? they can try to delete this but i will just post on other sites. i feel as if they lied to us all. MW3 was nothing new. same titles, emblems, guns, nothing fresh comes to mind. sure strike packages but come on open up your eyes. you know you all feel as if you paid 60 bucks for a map pack. oh and a lot of us spent an extra 50 bucks to get call of duty ELITE which just recently started working. cod 4 was a game changer, mw2 was a game changer, even black ops changed the game. but mw3 is absolutely nothing new and they lied to us this game is nothing new. so reply if your are in.

Have fun with this. You'd be better off just selling your game for 40-50 bucks if you can and taking the 10-20 dollar hit. That's what I would do if I didn't like it.

Oh..I fixed your post, you forgot the word ELITE and it read funny without it.

I wish they would sue you because they assumed you would post mature, well thought out topics on their forum, but instead you post this. 

I would get in on a Class action suit but it wouldn't be for the the reasons you mentioned. I would file the suit on the bases that activision knowingly a maliciously designed the C.O.D. MW3 software to handicap specific player in the game. More specificly those with a consistantly decent flow of data via there internet connection. The malicious software called "lag compensation" software. I personally know of several people  that have become severly demoralized due to that piece of software that has made them feel helpless against those that benefit from the lag compensation software. Those same people have exhibited symptoms of depression. I think that activision should really start thinking long and hard about what they are really selling to the general public.

kastro187420

The thing about Class Actions is that while everyone wants to see one, and people want to see a company "pay", nobody actually wants to step forward and take the steps themselves. It costs time and money, something nobody wants to give up.

Here's a decent video on Class Actions by a channel named "TheGunnShop", and he makes some good points about Class Actions and why they're really not that great in general for the consumer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EMcBCNKRxQ

Izjar11

i feel as if they lied to us all. MW3 was nothing new. same titles, emblems, guns, nothing fresh comes to mind. sure strike packages but come on open up your eyes. you know you all feel as if you paid 60 bucks for a map pack

Because you don't like the game doesn't mean others will agree. I do not feel as you feel.

so reply if your are in

I am replying not to discourage you but to tell you nothing you do will happen. Simply talking junk will not get your "suit" going. But out of curiosity who have you hired to represent you and your suit?

ChestSplittah

Black Ops really didn't change anything, but the netcode. Look where that got us. I know you'll jump all over Black OpsII bandwagon and brag how Treyarch is uber awesome.

Vyzygoths

I am.  This franchise needs ot pay back hundreds of millions of dollars for many failures.