1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 2:10 PM by ctrl-s Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?
    rainmaker6

Yeah like this.

Would you believe I have encountered worse. Less than a week ago a clan who camped 2 positions, again on Mission, at their spawn and a group at the other end of the map, using tactical insertions to ensure they didn't spawn outside their perimeter.

• 31. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?

twenty620 wrote:

I like going up against tough competition when I think it's fair...

Same here. When I play a shooter, I expect to get shot. No big deal.

I don't mind losing to better players - but I do mind losing to a defective game that doesn't even give me a chance to put up a fair fight.

• 32. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?

To be honest, the majority of people that I play with fairly high K/Ds aren't as great as they look in the stats.  Yes, every now and then I come across some that are quite good and difficult to beat, but most of the time my friends and I hurt their K/D so they're the ones backing out whereas we NEVER back out mid-game and like to play until we win before we leave a lobby if by chance we're actually losing.

People care about their stats too much.  The hardest people are usually those between 1.50 - 2.00 K/Ds with a good amount of time played...

• 33. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?
    Film_Not_Rated

I do/would, I don't tend to stay in lobbies with clans since I play alone, I now my team obviously won't win.

Would I do good? Most likely but I wouldn't win and I tend to like to win, even with randoms.

Though high K/D players aren't always good since most just camp and don't object play or as others said dash out.

• 34. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?
    vims1990

As an objective player, I'd rather play against players with a high K/D than a high W/L ratio.

Before you say, "well, higher W/L comes from playing in parties"..well I'm talking around the 1.5+ W/L mark for a solo player which is respectable IMO.

Players who fight for the objective are more tough than going against some player only playing for his K/D. A higher K/D player tends to avoid the objective and makes sure he holds a certain K/D per game, otherwise he pulls the plug on his console.

If someone comes in a lobby with a higher K/D, I don't back out as I like to observe whether he'll sacrifice his K/D ratio to win.

but most of the time, it end's with  "......disconnected by transmission error" 

• 35. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?
    WarriorPoet

"Operator-1  ...Unfortunately, I frequently discover that high K/Ds are not a result of skill. It's often due to other factors, like boosting, dashboarding, and MW3's widespread & well-known lag-related issues."

I couldn't agree more with your assessment which is why I don't worry about that stuff.  I like to play win or lose, randoms or clan.  Its all the same to me.

• 36. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?

I never back out of a game because of the opposition's stats or anything like that...

I do dread the early departure via the dashboard if said high KD player is in a match though...

• 38. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?

Never backed out of a match because of stats and never would, they don't mean a whole lot really, it can be annoying (and funny) when the, as vims says, "......disconnected by transmission error" appears on the screen as you know you've upset someone by making the match not go as they planned, (Or....messing with their K/D) which happens a lot some nights as whilst one or two players do shine in our team, in general we all have 'average' K/D's so looking at the Leaderboards doesn't tell the whole story, as my K/D is one of the lowest........though I have a W/L of 2.5+, although some of the players I know have a 2+ K/D because they play a lot of FFA but don't do so well in objective games due to the math of it all.

We sometimes used to use 'Clan' (I use that term lightly, as we use the Gaming Forum intials as it) tags but found people backed out more when they saw 6 people in the party, I can see why but we don't mind it, in fact it can make for a better game if you do fall into a lobby with another 'Clan', not always of course, as we've played teams who don't even cap their own spawn flag....then you're just waiting to see how long the "......disconnected by transmission error" will appear....

I do play solo sometimes (Mainly Dom) but mostly with friends and have had a few good nights with randoms who luckily played the game but not always the case as you know you're in trouble when you cap 'B' and turn around to find you're on your own....and hear the stampede of the other team....

"I do/would, I don't tend to stay in lobbies with clans since I play alone, I now my team obviously won't win."

Whilst it can be a chore, it's not always the case, but I know what you mean and can be off putting, (see above) but I've dropped into games mid session before and been losing against 'teams' in Dom, but pulled it back on the odd occassion.

• 39. Re: Will you play against those with high K/Ds?
    CowboySr

Whats high?