17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 8:16 AM by PiiRaNhAa RSS

How will elite screw us twice?

cookiedood

Just thinking looking through an earlier thread I started about who would be renewing elite subscription.

A lot said no way but the ones who would seem to only want to for the cheap dlc package deal.

So my question is how will it work

When blops 2 comes out they will on doubt do a similar offer, ie hardened edition including elite prem and dlc(guaranteed lol)

Or a just a 1yr renew elite but will this include dlc?

If you get 1yr elite prem with blops 2 you'll get dlc (like this time)

But if I dont buy blops 2 but still renewed for mw3, same price just for operations cos I'm damn sure they will stop supporting mw3 with dlc after nov/dec

Hmm sounded clearer in my head lol

I think what I'm saying is they know people will renew so why not throw in a similar deal so the people who will renew might be tempted to buy blops 2 because it comes with the 1yr, which would cover mw3 aswell obviously.

But I don't want to buy blops 2 so will I pay probably same renewal price as whoever gets blops 2 hardened say(after price of game is deducted)

But all I get Is 1 yr subscription to ops

Where as if I got the 1yr with blops 2 I presume it will include blops dlc

Now I'm confused

Sorry for the rant

Any ideas

• Re: How will elite screw us twice?

Good Question. Id like to know this answer.

cookiedood

no ideas lol

eMeLMusic

not sure if they stop dlc support after/while blops2. i'm searching for a news (in a german forum) where some of activision said that now with the elite thing all borders are fallen, rely on earlier dlc season (which ended when the new cod hits stores). there was said that iw, raven and sledgehammer are afraid they still have ideas and effort for dlc. it wasn't said clearly but i could imagine they make it the cashcow-way...

althought i would like to know the answer of your question too!

happy gaming (or not) everybody^^

dstr001

When Blops 2 comes out I can guarantee you no new DLC will come out for MW3; thats how it has always been; new game comes out, the old game gets no new content afterwards.

The DLC season will then focus on Blops 2 from Jan to Sept, just like it did with MW3. Sure, you will still be able to use ELiTE with MW3, but it won't get anything new.

cookiedood

Exactly my point

I know elite will work with every cod game after black ops

There is no way they will be releasing any "quality" dlc after the release of blops 2 as they will only have a year to complete mw4 as they are currently wasting the first year trying to get all the dlc and issues both in game and elite sorted out.

Obviously a quality product cannot be churned out in 12 months so they then spend the next 12 months trying to patch and fix it.

I would much rather they took longer and produce a solid experience

(insert cash cow quote here)

So.....

In nov/dec

If I own mw3 and buy prem I get clan/lone operations(squat at mo lol)

If I own blops 2 and then I buy premium will I get dlc for blops aswell as the squat lol

And if I own mw3 and renew elite premium does that in turn entitle me to have blops 2 maps even though I don't own the game because I will have paid the same premium price as it would be if someone bought blops 2 and elite premium separate

My head hurts

cookiedood wrote:

So.....

In nov/dec

If I own mw3 and buy prem I get clan/lone operations(squat at mo lol)

If I own blops 2 and then I buy premium will I get dlc for blops aswell as the squat lol

And if I own mw3 and renew elite premium does that in turn entitle me to have blops 2 maps even though I don't own the game because I will have paid the same premium price as it would be if someone bought blops 2 and elite premium separate

My head hurts

I think in this case there is no difference between "buying premium Elite" and "renewing an existing premium Elite". You may be able to get DLC for Black Ops 2, but they will be of no use to you if you don't also buy Black Ops 2.

The premium Elite is another subscription on top of the price of the game. You can get along just fine without this additional subscription, but you have to wait until the DLC gets bundled and released, instead of getting them as monthly drops. And you won't get to compete in the non-existent Clan Ops.

rwcgillam

Do they even come out with new maps for old games once the next game comes out?  I probably know the answer to this, but my head hurts, too, and it's all too much to think about.

Mojammer

I'm pretty sure there won't be any more clan ops or solo ops for MW3 after Black Ops 2 comes out.  All Elite services will be transferred over to Black Ops 2.  If you keep playing MW3 you will still be able to track your stats and stuff in Elite, but that's it. 

And whether you get BO2 or not, paying for Elite for another year entitles you to all BO2 DLC.

PiiRaNhAa

to me, NEVER EVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER elite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only reason i made an account was to play the new maps earlier without waiting as long as non-elite do...but with the new maps only available at this crappy gamemodes, i give a **** on them, as i want to play them at S&D for example, without the other stuff, and also together with the old ones in change and not only these two...

but as it seems, we were fooled, as i guess, the time they get included into all gamemodes, together with the old ones will be, when they'll come out for the non-elite-guys too...

as said, say what you want, but to me, I FEEL FOOLED BY IW !!! and if i know one thing for sure, than it is that this was the last time i bought elite !!!

thx