44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 7:33 AM by StubbornLeech07x RSS

NO NEW MAPS ON DROP ZONE?

zacharyulyssescampbellwilson

why are there no new maps in the community playlist?  how could activision ever think that we simply would just not care about getting the new maps?  this is the last straw, I am so outraged beyond belief.  seriously it's like how stupid can you be.  how little do you have to care to pretty much give the middle finger to a wide range of your fan base.  you took away drop zone, we petitioned until you brought it back - and now it's like you think we won't even notice the new maps not being there?  fix this, now.

• Re: NO NEW MAPS ON DROP ZONE?

are you sure there are no maps? i mean its still really early, you should give it time untill people actually download the maps, maybe just a few people have downloaded by now. but mostly kids play the game, meaning they have to come back from school first to start downloading or play them

zvers

At least you aren't on PS3 like me! I have asked the same question in earlier posts. I am a fan of drop zone and seems like we always play on Dome. It's a good map but I would love to see drop zone on say, Liberation. They could at least put the new maps under the elite play list and have each new map have a 24/7 TDM or drop zone if possible but that would make too much sense and it goes against the business model that Activision adheres too, sadly.

trialstardragon

Really, your going to whine about that now? WoW...

I really think they should just drop the community playlists. They could use those playlists for better things, like addition hardcore playlists.

I always thoguht the inclusion of the community playlists was a bad idea and never should have been added to the game. That those kinds of games should have always remain as private matches only.

zvers

I see what you are saying but from IW perspective, how are you going to know what kind of game types and fresh new tweaks the community enjoys without trying them out? I thought the problem was that IW was not innovating enough, now you are saying they are innovating too much. I don't think that's how you wanted to come across with your post but you did.

Dude you can take your flaming else where.  I understand you don't play community playlists, but what if this happened to you in the playlist YOU play all the time.  Whining has become a way of life with MW3 and I certainly don't condone it, but listen man, I bought this game, I enjoy playing drop zone, and wtf is the problem with wanting new maps on it?

Don't be such a jerk, take a walk in someone else's shoes.

trialstardragon

Would not matter to me, I do not whine about what maps there is to play like you seem to do. Plus I do not just play one game mode. I can play them all and have fun doing so. In fact I do play most of them off and on randomly. So it would not bother me at all.

Unlike you and so many others that think the community playlists are so great I find them worse than the normal playlists and a joke.

People only like DZ because it gives them a chance to get ksr that they probably could not get otherwise through normal play because of the care packages. It is not that great of a game mode and yes I have played it extensively, and still I do not feel it belongs in public matches. None of the private match options do as far as I think and feel.

whatever man, your making assumptions.  i said that i play drop zone all the time, but i didn't say it was the only thing i played.

in the end man, i'm not going to fight you on this.  your opinion is yours and that's that.

all I'm saying is - I paid money for this game, I paid money for the DLCs, Robert Bowling said they were available on every playlist, lo and behold they aren't available on every playlist.

flaming is stupid, and in the end it detracts from the main point of the thread.

PLEASE TWEET ROBERT BOWLING AT: FOURZEROTWO and ASK HIM WHY THERE AREN'T DLC MAPS IN COMMUNITY PLAYLISTS.

trialstardragon wrote:

Really, your going to whine about that now? WoW...

I really think they should just drop the community playlists. They could use those playlists for better things, like addition hardcore playlists.

I always thoguht the inclusion of the community playlists was a bad idea and never should have been added to the game. That those kinds of games should have always remain as private matches only.

I agree with you to the extent that they could add more hardcore matches, but I disagree in that there should be no reason they couldn't do both.  Black ops had it right in including hardcore games, and the community type games (One in the Chamber, Gun Game).  Plus, infected can be fun when I want to do something different every now and again.

trialstardragon

Those game modes where a seperate thing from the game. You had to go to those game modes to play them like you would a private match if I remember correctly, and they were part of the game from the get go. The community playlists were not, they were added in later in this game.

Gun game and many of the other ones were not so great really. On average they had fewer players than most of the rest of the playlists did.

it sounds like you are whining now.

trialstardragon

No, I am not whining, you were the one whining over maps not being in a certain game mode.

"Gun game and many of the other ones were not so great really." = whining

trialstardragon

No, that is not whining. Whining is crying about the fact that they didnt add the maps to the community playlists.

Gun game and the other game modes were not that great, I played them, won some lost some. But they were nothing special and not really worth being in the game. Again those could have been dropped from production for more maps and other things that would have made BO better than what it was.

whatever trialstardragon, I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

Whining is whining.  I'm whining about new maps not on a playlist, your whining about me whining.  Get over it, I've already said that all of your points make sense - accept it and move on.  Your battle lies with playlist space issues, not whether new maps are on a playlist.

and furthermore, this is a discussion for MW3.  BO standards/examples do not matter.  Please respect that and contribute in a manner that will help move the conversation forward so that all parties can be appeased.  I want what you want, you may not want what I want - but I'm pretty sure you'd agree with the fact that, as advertised, new maps should be available on all playlists.  I'm sorry that the community playlist takes up space that could be alloted for games you see fit, and I really hope they come up with an alternative storage system where everyone can play what they want.

starbuckfrack

zacharyulyssescampbellwilson wrote:

whatever trialstardragon, I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

Whining is whining. I'm whining about new maps not on a playlist, your whining about me whining.  Get over it, I've already said that all of your points make sense - accept it and move on.  Your battle lies with playlist space issues, not whether new maps are on a playlist.

and furthermore, this is a discussion for MW3.  BO standards/examples do not matter.  Please respect that and contribute in a manner that will help move the conversation forward so that all parties can be appeased.  I want what you want, you may not want what I want - but I'm pretty sure you'd agree with the fact that, as advertised, new maps should be available on all playlists.  I'm sorry that the community playlist takes up space that could be alloted for games you see fit, and I really hope they come up with an alternative storage system where everyone can play what they want.

Well you seem to be arguing semantics.

Trialsstar saying "the game modes werent that great really" is NOT whining. whining would be "why do these people make games that suck. I hate this game"

What he stated was an opinion.

If you dont want to argue with him then why are you arguing ?

The fact is your first post was a total winefest more than Oktoberfest. Its the first day of the maps release and you havent even given a chance to IW to make a playlist.

Your "what if they removed a game type you liked " has happened to many of us. What do we do we put down our opinion and leave it at that. Beside What If scenarios dont enter it because it hasnt happened. What If Activision used there rights to drop online play this minute. Well most of us wouldnt whine about it, we would find something ELSE to play. Just like when out favorite game modes were dropped before.

When Drop Zone was gone I was shocked. Did I whine. No. I placed a post that said please bring back drop zone and waited. No crying needed.

You dont want to argue but you sure are doing a lot of it since someone "invaded your forum" and disagreed with you.

ahh I love it when people just come into a discussion and try to act all high and mighty.  I see your point starbuckfrack - yes he was making an opinion, but  I still question as to whether complaining about someone whining constitutes whining itself.

"The fact is your first post was a total winefest more than Oktoberfest. Its the first day of the maps release and you havent even given a chance to IW to make a playlist."

Okay, I'll agree with you that my first post was a whinefest - hilarious metaphor using Oktoberfest BTW.

What I don't agree with you about:

+ I'm not waiting for IW to make a playlist, I'm waiting for them to add new maps to all live playlists as they have advertised they would do.

+ Yes it's the first day, and I would give them some time had I not spoken with an activision representative earlier and was informed that at this time there is no plan to add a patch which will allow DLC content on Community Playlists.

+ The representative told me to take it to the forums, twitter and Facebook as that is the best way to get a turnout.

After all is said and done, none of us are going to agree.  There is no pre-determined ethics on how to get things done, how to make change.  But you, starbuckfrack, you go ahead and play another game.

They were located in a different section for the "money", or betting.  Not private, but in a different location, yes.  Regardless of if the games were "good" in your opinion, or anyone's opinion at all, there is no reason they couldn't provide them all.  I'm am a hardcore player, as it sounds like you are, so I would love more hardcore game types.  I can agree with the other posts because, though.  The only people that would be affected would be those that decide to play that type, in the difficulty of match making.  There is no reason why all parties couldn't be satisfied.

well said.

trialstardragon

The big issue is that there is a limited number of playlists the game can have. For them to ever try any other game modes out DZ or infected would have to be removed; but as of right now if they try that people like the OP will cry and rant and whine about it like they did when the put infected in and dropped DZ at first.

It is for that reason of entitlement that I think the community playlists were a bad idea; because of the mentality of the players that played it and cried so much when it was removed when something new was being tried. That they only want that one game mode and nothing else, and the fact that some try to claim that was the only reason they bought the game when it was not even a public list when the game launched.

They can still very easily see what players like even in private matches. They can see what sorts of settings players are using in the online private matches. They really do not need the community playlists to do that.

The community playlist was more less a peace offereing because of elite not working correctly. Something to give the players to chew on while they worked on elite more,

wow buddy, you just whined more then anyone else in the post.  good job!

But let me go ahead and say I agree with you.  there should be more space for new playlists, especially hardcore.  i'm not whining or crying or anything, I just want to play the game as I see fit. 

p.s. you seem a little mad, bro.

trialstardragon

LOL,

I little mad, not at all. In fact I am laughing at th notion you thought I was mad. Once again I am not whining but proving a point about how bad this community is when it comes to things being added or removed from the game.

Just like how this community cried so much about when flags and bombs was added to BO until it was removed.

honestly man i never liked a community game until drop zone.  i've never "cried" about anything before this initial post, and all i'm saying is to put the new maps that we paid for in the community playlist.  yes I understand that I can play them in private, but I don't get xp or score - it's just not as fun.

looking at it from your perspective I can agree with you, and say that perhaps community playlists should just be that - something for the community to play privately.  But as it stands they are not, they are live playlists - so for a moment can you look at my perspective and consider that here is a live playlist that has not been updated with the new maps, and which IW/Activision has no plans thusfar to make a patch for said playlist.  Just please try to IMAGINE this was a playlist that you enjoyed playing in.

In the end our battle isn't with each other, it's with IW/Activision for not providing more space on the playlist selection.  Given the technology we have today with cloud storage, there should be NO ISSUES whatsoever in terms of allocating space for different playlists.  We should have a multitude of playlists under hardcore & core and not have to forsake one gametype for the existence of another.

"The community playlist was more less a peace offereing because of elite not working correctly. Something to give the players to chew on while they worked on elite more"

Never thought about it like that, but actually yeah this seems about right.

JetEye

If we can play new maps that didn't ship with the original game, why can't we play new gamemodes that didn't ship with the original game?

Since you're saying new game modes should only be played in private matches, should new maps also only be played in private matches?

My question is: If you search for the playlist 'Drop Zone' and not for the maps; is it possible you can get into a game with the new maps?