15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 6:02 AM by thisguygotcha RSS

Black ops the return

theraven.

Just played some black ops for the first time since mw3 came out and lets be honest its had its problems to but i couldn't believe iam still playing mw3 over this iam nearly prestige 12 and it hasn't been fun getting there heres what i found on black ops compared to mw3

1.First thing was the menu it didn't feel lazy like mw3 who just copied mw2 lay out it felt like it was the new cod

2.The customisation in this game was great this is the old cod aint it because thats all gone what a big step back

3.Gameplay was pretty smooth not like mw2 smooth but ok

4.Hit detection was still pretty bad if i was honest

5.No insta deaths i could pop my head out of a window take damage and take cover mw3 pop head up dead before you can even do anything

6.No host stutter

7.Spawns was ten times better

8.Not 2secs behind whats happening

I could carry this list on for ever but i aint here to troll iam just saying what i see mw3 for could be great but some of the problems on mw3 are game breakers its a game of no skill at all its a game of luck of who is going to be on the right side of the signal and who ever is are going to win the gun fight no matter what gun they use.

• Re: Black ops the return
    rustyroot

I completely agree with you, I really wanted MW3 to be amazing but its just frustratingly bad. I loved MW2 to the point of obsession and feel like they have tried too hard to keep everyone happy. Its a game that's made to cover all the bases i.e. quick scoping, akimbo secondary weapons that are better than primary, OP shotguns, SMGs that can shoot across the map, maps designed for people to hide, getting killstreak rewards for simply switching the game on, OMG I'm getting a migraine

SULLY130EighT

I love Treyarch. I feel they put their heart and souls into their CoD games. Cant speak for the other games they've made. HAHA!

I been and Xbox 360 Live member since the original Xbox. Althought I loved PS2 better. Anyways, I strongly disagree that PS3 players aren't as competitive as 360 players. I was pretty damn good at CoD 4, WaW, and Black Ops. But I feel the players on PS3 have a more tactical approach. On 360, there's tons of running and gunning. but on PS3, there are far more campers then in any other platform. So Black-Ops was one of my favorites. I love free for all. But these damn players dont move.

I did a little experiment that took a major commitment on my part. And that was to not give a flying **** about my K/D ratio. I love running around with crappy weapons and other devices that I normally wouldnt use if I played this game for just a high K/D ratio. And I'm having a blast doing it. I love MW3. I love every Call of Duty game. Now I love it more when I play it for fun.

zvers

Treyarch seems more personable because of there team and the exposure they get. Think about it, when you get angry at MW3 people ONLY name Bowling and no one from the actual IW team! With Treyarch, you name the exact people involved in the games development. This makes a big difference in costumer relations.

wrecku

I just went back and played a game. All I can say is WOW what a difference in game play. I actually hit and kill what I aim at. I really did not realize how bad MW3 is.

I gave my Blops disk to a friend.  I'm an idiot.  I want it back now.  Blops, I miss you.  The end.

1.First thing was the menu it didn't feel lazy like mw3 who just copied mw2 lay out it felt like it was the new cod

- The IW layout is nice and easy, I don't want a complicated layout.

2.The customisation in this game was great this is the old cod aint it because thats all gone what a big step back

- I prefer earning my camos, I also like earning titles and emblems to show off my achievements.

- You're delusional, Black Ops was unplayable for weeks on end... constant lag and terrible hit detection.

- The only sane comment.

5.No insta deaths i could pop my head out of a window take damage and take cover mw3 pop head up dead before you can even do anything

- The damage was so low that the bullets felt like pellets... high damage is good.

6.No host stutter

- Who ever had host was 1 second ahead of everyone...

- Spawns were alright... but they didn't take us into the action which gave us an impression that it was slow paced, that's why I used a tactical insertion.

- You were obviously oblivious to the constant lag.

You're delusional, Black Ops is the worst CoD. The way they treated the PS3 is awful. It's funny, everyone said the same as you're saying about MW2 when Black Ops was in its prime even though the same people moaned about MW2 constantly. This is the problem with the CoD community, most of it is never happy no matter what a developer puts in it.

theraven.

You ever tried hosting a game on mw3 its unplayable nearly 6 months after release and the cazy framerate stutter is still there but you think i should be happy its people like you why they fix anything you are living in a dream world we all had lag on black ops and it was full of bugs but not like mw3 this game runs as bad at 6 months then black ops did at 2 weeks

gamehub-thethird. wrote:

- The IW layout is nice and easy, I don't want a complicated layout.

- I prefer earning my camos, I also like earning titles and emblems to show off my achievements.

- You're delusional, Black Ops was unplayable for weeks on end... constant lag and terrible hit detection.

- The only sane comment.

- The damage was so low that the bullets felt like pellets... high damage is good.

6.No host stutter

- Who ever had host was 1 second ahead of everyone...

- Spawns were alright... but they didn't take us into the action which gave us an impression that it was slow paced, that's why I used a tactical insertion.

- You were obviously oblivious to the constant lag.

You're delusional, Black Ops is the worst CoD. The way they treated the PS3 is awful. It's funny, everyone said the same as you're saying about MW2 when Black Ops was in its prime even though the same people moaned about MW2 constantly. This is the problem with the CoD community, most of it is never happy no matter what a developer puts in it.

Obviously wants a promotion at work, because giving head aint working out anymore.

rlbl

Have to agree with you in principal, but you cannot truly say it is the same people.

(I have always said that BLOPS is the best COD in theory...)

But then in theory, communism works.

FIW and all the BS they make me deal with. About Blops: Hit detection was amazing for me in that game. Never an issue with connection unless someone from europe or S. america was in the room. Less bullet damage=more skill. You cant just spray and get lucky with a headshot. Maps are a billion times beter. Perks are so much more balanced.

On a side note gamehub I have to admit one little thing. Barret w/Kick should not be allowed. Way to easy mode. But again that has nothing to do with QSing.

I find hit detection and lag way worse in MW3 personally.  I'll have to pull out some black ops tomorrow or something.

esmorgue

This game runs as crappy as BlackOps. Yes.

I firmly believe since the guys who took over IW are ATVI big wigs, they used a similar decode and matchmaking system as BlackOps. Yet with all the additives in this game only made it worse. Both arethe worst.

Comparable to CoD3.

I only give this game a slight edge towards better because we didn't completely get a abortion of a port.