0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 1:58 PM by khaner RSS

Call of duty modern warfare 3 connection and network issues during multiplayer and spec ops online

Hi guys I’m new here, I wanted to ask something really desperately because when I go to the activision website which is (http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/atvi_contact_w orld.php ) for help concerning call of duty modern warfare 3 I click on it and it takes me to this website

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid =7nm2KATk and when I click call of duty modern warfare 3 and click

cannot connect to server link and it takes me to this page https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p _faqid=77715 and I have tried and tried but I cannot contact activision support to ask them for assistance previously after you logged on to your activision account there was a option to 'ask a question' that option isnt there anymore and I cannot contact activision for that reason I want to post my problem here so I can get help as soon as possible, Thanks for any assistance that anyone provides.

I have two issues:

First the multiplayer:  I have been experiencing connection issues regarding call of duty modern warfare 3 multiplayer. For instance when I click team deathmatch and find a game just as it finishes loading it says the usual waiting for other players and it disconnects either saying connection to steam server lost, connection timed out.

Also when I try to join my friend’s game or party it says unable to join.

Will changing the NAT to open solve this problem because I highly doubt it that this will solve the problem because my friends NAT is strict and he can join my party and my game without any problems.

Please advise me on all possible solutions to overcome this problem.

I have my Upnp settings enabled on my router and I have forwarded the port 3074 UDP and TCP and my NAT still says its moderate, I want to be able to join my friends game for special ops online but I am afraid that if I open my NAT I will host multiplayer games and I don’t want that is there any way to host spec ops games without opening my NAT if I cannot do that please tell me how to change my NAT from moderate to open.

Secondly spec ops: here the problem, I am also unable to join my friends special ops lobby and multiplayer lobby and when I am the host my friends are unable to join my game and even if they do manage to join my game we start two player online spec ops and after a few seconds it disconnects and it says "lost connection to other player for 12 seconds".

I am playing on a PC my specs meet the recommended requirements,

Intel core 2 duo E7500 2.93 Ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 9600 1 gb ram.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 doesnt lag in game, unless I am in a public match and my ping is bad then the game lags online. The anti-virus I have installed is Kaspersky. The modem which I use is Billion 400G.

Thanks