3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 12:27 PM by destroyer_118118 RSS

Best of both worlds

destroyer_118118

Ok, so over the years, we have seen a wide range of ways to unlock weapons and attachments. It started with levelling and challenges, and the went onto levelling and CoD points in Black Ops. Now, in Modern Warfare 3, we have weapon levelling. I don't know what you guys think of this, or what you guys want. But what I want is a system that gives me a lot of freedom in the order that I unlock things. Black Ops so far has had the best in this way with CoD points, but it didn't have any challenge in it. I have thought of a way that you can have even more freedom, but still have the challenge.

To start, Ill talk about weapon unlocks. My idea is that when you get to certain levels, you unlock a weapon from a specific weapon class. For example, at level 5, you may unlock an assault rifle. Here, you get to choose which assault rifle to buy, but they cost different amounts of CoD points. Using Black Ops as an example, an Enfield could cost 3000 CoD points, while the Commando would be up costing 7000 CoD points. This means that you can choose what guns to get when, but the better guns are still more expensive and harder to get. Obviously, this system isn't perfect, and if it was used would require tweaking, but I would love this system. Now, my system for attachments, camos, and proficiencies would be the same as the weapon unlock system, except instead of using actual levels, it would use weapon levels. On weapon level 4, you unlock a proficiency, and Impact would cost 2000 CoD points, while kick would cost 4000, and attachments would cost 5000(example pricing). Camos would be even more expensive, with Gold camo costing 50000 CoD points, and attachments would be roughly around the same price as they are in Black Ops now. This is a system that I like, and only covers certain aspects, but could be broadened to everything easily. And of course, this doesn't take into account anything new being added into the game, so that needs to be kept in mind. Discuss my idea, giving positive or negative constructive feedback( To all you trolls, that means not saying 'This sucks donkey ba11s').

• Re: Best of both worlds

They should just keep it simple and have no proficencies. This is because if a gun is level 1 then it is most likely terrible. I'm okay with the idea of camos and reticles at certain weapon levels but the attachments should be the only thing to improve a gun.

The unlock system of Black Ops wasn't broken, we just need something to work toward. Why not just level up attachments? You would level up attachments independent of the weapons you put them on. Camo, 

Playercard backgrounds, XP, and CoD Points could be rewarded for leveling up.

Also, I do think Treyarch needs to figure out a way to add value to CoD Points. You get to a certain point during the prestige when you have enough to get whatever you want. Of course, I never made it to 14th so I'm sure people didn't feel that way trying to save up for gold guns.

destroyer_118118

There was another thing that I thought would increase CoD point value, but Im not sure would be popular witht he community, but Im going to throw it out there anyway. If they kept XP for just guns, and CoD points were used for levelling, so you would need to save up money to gain a level. This would make the feeling of levelling up better, since you are doing it. I don't know how the community would respond to this, though. Anyway, I think that weapon levelling is a great way of giving people something to acheive, since it means that they have to work a bit to get an attachment. I think that we just need more freedom with the levelling system, and this would be quite a good system, in my opinion. As few ideas that MW3 had, the majority of them were good, like Pointstreaks, and weapon levelling.